Soviet Union is not taught in schools!

My opinion arises from how students (K-12) answer my questions about what they know, not what teachers claim they are teaching them.

Does that really make sense to you? YOU don't remember everything you were taught in school.

Nonsense. I was in school 1957-1974. I entered first grade a year earlier than the other kids. I remember very well what I was taught. I was drilled on the evils of Communist totalitarianism all through elementary school. I still have books and study manuals dating from high school dealing with Soviet and Nazi history and the differences between Capitalism and Communism, as well as contemporary materials from outside the curriculum. My US Government teacher in my senior year was an avowed anarchist. I grew up in the middle of the counterculture and political uprisings of the 1960s. I continue observing these things to this day.

This is all repeat for me.
Are you really not getting this? Because you claim to remember every single thing you were ever taught in History class from the first grade on, that is proof to you that if someone else doesn't they were therefore never taught it?

Are you not really getting this? I ask a variety of students various level classes. ....
:rolleyes:
If you ever studied logic, you don't seem to have as strong a memory of that material.

Explain the illogic of noting the move from 1st to 24th.

Your logic appears to contain Alice.
Drawing conclusions from a comparison of unlike things is illogical. Compare the top echelon of American students to the top echelon of students from other countries and I am very confident about how we would stack up.

My opinion arises from how students (K-12) answer my questions about what they know, not what teachers claim they are teaching them.

Does that really make sense to you? YOU don't remember everything you were taught in school.

Nonsense. I was in school 1957-1974. I entered first grade a year earlier than the other kids. I remember very well what I was taught. I was drilled on the evils of Communist totalitarianism all through elementary school. I still have books and study manuals dating from high school dealing with Soviet and Nazi history and the differences between Capitalism and Communism, as well as contemporary materials from outside the curriculum. My US Government teacher in my senior year was an avowed anarchist. I grew up in the middle of the counterculture and political uprisings of the 1960s. I continue observing these things to this day.

This is all repeat for me.
Are you really not getting this? Because you claim to remember every single thing you were ever taught in History class from the first grade on, that is proof to you that if someone else doesn't they were therefore never taught it?

Are you not really getting this? I ask a variety of students various level classes. ....
:rolleyes:
If you ever studied logic, you don't seem to have as strong a memory of that material.

Explain the illogic of noting the move from 1st to 24th.

Your logic appears to contain Alice.
Drawing conclusions from a comparison of unlike things is illogical. Compare the top echelon of American students to the top echelon of students from other countries and I am very confident about how we would stack up.

My mistake. We've moved up to 14th. Congratulations.

Forum List

Back