South Dakota Attorney General & Excellent Driver; Faces Impeachment

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see that maybe South Dakota will get this one atleast someone right.

For those of you who dunno this story (I know it's in a small state), the guy killed a man who was outside on the road - Drove home - Called his FRIEND in Congress to ask what to do - before ever calling the cops. This guy sat on the road dying while the Attorney General was calling around asking what to do.

It's disgusting.
And of course you're simply lying.
This man got away with vehicular murder as far as I'm concerned.

The only reason why he has not been properly charged is because he's a politician.

He killed someone didn't report the accident to the authorities and lied about it.
You're full of shit. He called 911 immediately after the accident.

Say it ain't so!
Not another trial by internet. :thanks:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see that maybe South Dakota will get this one atleast someone right.

For those of you who dunno this story (I know it's in a small state), the guy killed a man who was outside on the road - Drove home - Called his FRIEND in Congress to ask what to do - before ever calling the cops. This guy sat on the road dying while the Attorney General was calling around asking what to do.

It's disgusting.

The only reason why he has not been properly charged is because he's a politician.

He killed someone didn't report the accident to the authorities and lied about it.
He reported he hit a deer. And they know he was lying. So no, he did not report it.

Still waiting fo the Dems going to impeach Teddy for killing Maryjo...

:eusa_whistle:

How fucking old is this story?
Impeachment new, but story is not. Been languishing too long. Dana is correct. Anybody else would have been charged at least with a negligent vehicular manslaughter or more, especially due to delay in reporting and story.

Yes anyone else would be facing much more serious charges.

Not everyone is equal under the law and justice isn't for all.

..I would say this is possible...at night...looks like the man hit the passenger side front window...
happened quickly
'''''It would be easy to tell the difference; even at 100 mph, you would be able to tell the difference between an erect human versus a deer,' expert Kurt Weiss said'''

''''If he [Ravnsborg] is looking forward and had the headlights on, it would be easy to discern if it’s someone’s jeans and a flannel shirt versus a beige-colored deer.''''
-----that's just hit---looks like he hit on the far passenger side--not forward

..if there is a thread on this, please advise

"South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg could face an unprecedented impeachment hearing in the House of Representatives following criminal charges filed against him last week, the Argus Leader has confirmed. The development comes four days after the Hyde County States Attorney's Office announced it would not pursue felony charges against Ravnsborg alleging criminal culpability in the death of Joe Boever, 55, of Highmore, who was walking along Highway 14 on Sept. 12 when he was struck. Instead, Ravnsborg will face three separate misdemeanor traffic charges in court for careless driving and distracted driving."

So this is the guy who hit a guy while driving; claimed that he thought he hit a deer...his Sheriff buddy came and let him drive one of his police cars home; no type of sobriety tests given, nothing...just tossed him the keys and told him to run along....maybe hit someone else if you get time.......crash investigators were able to discover that not only did he hit and killed a man, but he swerved out of his driving lane to hit this man -- either he was distracted, drunk or both....luckily, being Attorney General comes with perks in the justice system; so he won't be facing any felonies or anything serious; I am sure you or I would have gotten that same treatment, I am sure you or I would be able to drive a police car home after running over a person; instead of riding in that police car to jail...

Now impeachments of state wide elected officials don't happen in SD; last time it came close was back in the 30's when the Democratic governor at the time used troops to break up a union strike in order to serve big business...now if a guy did that today, he would be a GOP presidential candidate....
Sounds like Democrats are back at it in their move to screw up every state in the country by filing criminal charges against an innocent Republican politician.
South Dakota works....and this must stop....NOW!!!
Hey, if Ted Kennedy can get away with it -- why not this guy right??
Uh.....Ted Kennedy was drunk, and drove off of a bridge with his mistress, while married, and left the scene and tried to hide from authorities.
Where do you get off comparing this to that?
Imagine driving down a dark road at night in South Dakota, where they don't have street lights out in the woods, and some guy wanders out in front of your car.
I've driven in South Dakota. Towns are few and far between. Driving at 70 mph at night is a risk because unless you have your brights on...you can't see something until it's too late. Swerving will only kill you as well as the idiot that was wandering on the road.
At least he called the cops and attempted to find out what he hit.
Imagine leaving the scene of a fatal injury accident, your ass would be in jail for vehicular homicide.
he did not know it was a fatal injury

..you don't IMMEDIATELY stop when you hit something you don't see--so he went past the accident scene......the victim hit the passenger side-the driver should not be looking over there--at night, very easy NOT to see what is hit ...
..problem is most people do not think realistically--they think in TV terms

It's disgusting.

He reported he hit a deer. And they know he was lying. So no, he did not report it.
He did not report that he hit a deer, you fucking moron.

I swear it never ceases to amaze me how easily the fake news media can brainwash you low IQ LWNJ moonbats.

Here's a transcript of the 911 call.

Caller: Hello.

Dispatcher: Hi.

Caller: Can you hear me?

Dispatcher: I can.

Caller: Hello.

Dispatcher: 9-1-1. This is Ally. How can I help you?

Caller: Ally. This…well…Ally, I’m the Attorney General. And I am…I don’t know…I hit something.

Dispatcher: You hit something?

Caller: By Highmore. Highmore. And it was in the middle of the road.

Dispatcher: Okay. Give me one second here. Let me get you mapped. Do you know where you’re at?

Caller: I believe I’m by Highmore. I can…I’m right...I can see the town.

Dispatcher: Okay.

Caller: I think that’s Highmore.

Dispatcher: East or west?

Caller: I just went through it. I am…west of Highmore…

Dispatcher: Okay.

Caller: Ah…about a mile, if that.

Dispatcher: Okay. And this is Scott?

Caller: Uh, say again?

Dispatcher: What was your name?

Caller: Jason…

Dispatcher: Jason…

Caller: …Ravnsborg.

Dispatcher: …Ravnsborg. Perfect. Okay. (Typing)

Dispatcher: Are you injured at all, Jason?

Caller: I am not, but my car sure as hell is.

Dispatcher: Uh oh. Are you out of the roadway?

Caller: I am out of the roadway. I was able to get over, but…

Dispatcher: Okay. (Typing)

Caller: It sure hit me…smashed my windshield…

Dispatcher: Oh no. Okay, do you think it was a deer or something?

Caller: I have no idea…

Dispatcher: Okay…

Caller: Yeah…It could be…I mean…it was right in the roadway and…

Dispatcher: …(typing)…K…and were you traveling westbound then?

Caller: Yes, westbound…back to Pierre.

Dispatcher: Okay…(typing)…alrighty, well I will go head and let the…ah…sheriff know. He’s the one that’s on-call right now. He’ll be responding from home and I’ll have him come out and talk to you and take the report. Can I just…

Caller: Okay.

Dispatcher: … get the license plate off your vehicle, Jason?

Caller: Yes…G…zero, zero, zero, two, seven.

Dispatcher: Okay. Government plate?

Caller: Well, it’s a bronze star plate.

Dispatcher: K…

Caller: It’s my personal car…

Dispatcher: K…alright…I will get him headed that way for you, Jason.

Caller: Alright. Thank you.

Dispatcher: You’re welcome, sir. Bye-bye.

Caller: Bye.

READ: Full transcript of 911 call from the night of Ravnsborg’s fatal crash released (kotatv.com)

You're a moron.

One would think that after a while, you would get tired of being consistently wrong about everything and quit consuming fake news. But you're just too stupid to see the problem.

Last edited:
He did not report that he hit a deer, you fucking moron.
He said it might have been a deer, when he was lying and knew it was a person.

And the 911 call wasn't the only time he talked to the police. He knew it was a person and lied about it. But i am sure he appreciates an apoplectic screeching twat on an anonymous message board defending these actions. I'm sure it warms his heart. The victim's family? Not so much.

How fucking old is this story?
Impeachment new, but story is not. Been languishing too long. Dana is correct. Anybody else would have been charged at least with a negligent vehicular manslaughter or more, especially due to delay in reporting and story.
IT'S A FUCKING MONTH-OLD STORY!!

WHY ISN'T ONE OF THE HACK MAUDES MERGING THIS THREAD?!?
Oh STFU you whiny, snivelling little twat. How many times does it need to be explained to you the impeachment happened only yesterday.
You do Moron, so well you conspiracy theory loon.

"South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg could face an unprecedented impeachment hearing in the House of Representatives following criminal charges filed against him last week, the Argus Leader has confirmed. The development comes four days after the Hyde County States Attorney's Office announced it would not pursue felony charges against Ravnsborg alleging criminal culpability in the death of Joe Boever, 55, of Highmore, who was walking along Highway 14 on Sept. 12 when he was struck. Instead, Ravnsborg will face three separate misdemeanor traffic charges in court for careless driving and distracted driving."

So this is the guy who hit a guy while driving; claimed that he thought he hit a deer...his Sheriff buddy came and let him drive one of his police cars home; no type of sobriety tests given, nothing...just tossed him the keys and told him to run along....maybe hit someone else if you get time.......crash investigators were able to discover that not only did he hit and killed a man, but he swerved out of his driving lane to hit this man -- either he was distracted, drunk or both....luckily, being Attorney General comes with perks in the justice system; so he won't be facing any felonies or anything serious; I am sure you or I would have gotten that same treatment, I am sure you or I would be able to drive a police car home after running over a person; instead of riding in that police car to jail...

Now impeachments of state wide elected officials don't happen in SD; last time it came close was back in the 30's when the Democratic governor at the time used troops to break up a union strike in order to serve big business...now if a guy did that today, he would be a GOP presidential candidate....
Sounds like Democrats are back at it in their move to screw up every state in the country by filing criminal charges against an innocent Republican politician.
South Dakota works....and this must stop....NOW!!!
Hey, if Ted Kennedy can get away with it -- why not this guy right??
Uh.....Ted Kennedy was drunk, and drove off of a bridge with his mistress, while married, and left the scene and tried to hide from authorities.
Where do you get off comparing this to that?
Imagine driving down a dark road at night in South Dakota, where they don't have street lights out in the woods, and some guy wanders out in front of your car.
I've driven in South Dakota. Towns are few and far between. Driving at 70 mph at night is a risk because unless you have your brights on...you can't see something until it's too late. Swerving will only kill you as well as the idiot that was wandering on the road.
At least he called the cops and attempted to find out what he hit.
Imagine leaving the scene of a fatal injury accident, your ass would be in jail for vehicular homicide.
He didn't leave the scene. He immediately called 911 then waited for the authorities. The sheriff arrived and surmised that it was just another vehicle/deer collision as they are very common in the area at that time of year.

Last edited:

Latest..looks like he's not missing a beat:

Just four days before he was set to stand trial for a fatal hit-and-run accident, South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg got a speeding ticket—for going 57 mph in a 35 mph zone.

a man wearing a suit and tie smiling at the camera: Jason Ravnsborg/Wikimedia Commons
© Provided by The Daily Beast Jason Ravnsborg/Wikimedia Commons
It was Ravnsborg’s seventh speeding infraction in seven years, according to local media—but hardly his most serious traffic violation.
That came in September 2020 when Ravnsborg rammed his car into Joseph Boever on a highway shoulder while driving home from a Republican Party function.
Ravnsborg, the top law-enforcement officer in the state, left the scene and later told investigators that he thought he had hit an animal. Boever’s body was not found until the next day when he returned to the highway.

During an interrogation, investigators told Ravnsborg that he hit Boever so hard and directly that the dead man’s glasses ended up inside his car.
“That means his face came through your windshield,” a North Dakota Bureau of Investigation agent told Ravnsborg. “His face is in your windshield. Think about it.”

The AG, who said he was scanning something on his phone right before the crash, was charged with three misdemeanors: use of an electronic device while driving, illegal lane change, and careless driving.
Last week, just before trial, Ravnsborg cut a deal with prosecutors to avoid trial: The careless driving count was dropped and he pleaded no contest to the other charges, incurring a $500 fine for each.
But now he faces a new misdemeanor charge for “speeding on other roadways” for the incident in Hughes County the night of Aug. 22. A fine of $177.50 is due Sept. 20, according to Dakota News Now.
Ravnsborg has not commented on the latest incident but was already facing calls to resign from both Democrats and Republicans and possible impeachment proceedings. He has said he will not step down.

Latest..looks like he's not missing a beat:

Just four days before he was set to stand trial for a fatal hit-and-run accident, South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg got a speeding ticket—for going 57 mph in a 35 mph zone.

a man wearing a suit and tie smiling at the camera: Jason Ravnsborg/Wikimedia Commons
© Provided by The Daily Beast Jason Ravnsborg/Wikimedia Commons
It was Ravnsborg’s seventh speeding infraction in seven years, according to local media—but hardly his most serious traffic violation.
That came in September 2020 when Ravnsborg rammed his car into Joseph Boever on a highway shoulder while driving home from a Republican Party function.
Ravnsborg, the top law-enforcement officer in the state, left the scene and later told investigators that he thought he had hit an animal. Boever’s body was not found until the next day when he returned to the highway.

During an interrogation, investigators told Ravnsborg that he hit Boever so hard and directly that the dead man’s glasses ended up inside his car.
“That means his face came through your windshield,” a North Dakota Bureau of Investigation agent told Ravnsborg. “His face is in your windshield. Think about it.”

The AG, who said he was scanning something on his phone right before the crash, was charged with three misdemeanors: use of an electronic device while driving, illegal lane change, and careless driving.
Last week, just before trial, Ravnsborg cut a deal with prosecutors to avoid trial: The careless driving count was dropped and he pleaded no contest to the other charges, incurring a $500 fine for each.
But now he faces a new misdemeanor charge for “speeding on other roadways” for the incident in Hughes County the night of Aug. 22. A fine of $177.50 is due Sept. 20, according to Dakota News Now.
Ravnsborg has not commented on the latest incident but was already facing calls to resign from both Democrats and Republicans and possible impeachment proceedings. He has said he will not step down.
Being forced to drive 35 is essentially government tyranny....

He didn't leave the scene. He immediately called 911 then waited for the authorities. The sheriff arrived and surmised that it was just another vehicle/deer collision as they are very common in the area at that time of year.

The guy hit a guy, the guy went thru his windshield....to the point the dead man's glasses were inside the Attorney General's car...

But it pays to be politically connected.....

Forum List

Back