South America Colombia river hippo problem

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Apparently hippo's, native to Africa, were introduced into South American rivers by crazy drug cartel zoo keepers. The hippo's reproduced in the warm South American rivers at an alarming rate. Hippo's probably look like water pigs and would be an easy meat source but wouldn't you know it, the elites in Columbia decided that hippos should be protected because they are so damned cute

Hippo's are are one of the most dangerous animals in Africa.
Foul tempered, they are very aggressive and territorial. .... :cool:
Yes. Don't let the looks and the fact that they are herbivores fool you. They are mean as hell and a lot faster than they look!

Yes. Don't let the looks and the fact that they are herbivores fool you. They are mean as hell and a lot faster than they look!
They might be useful for preventing forest fires...they hate open flame and will rush in to stamp it out...that's if I'm remembering The Gods Must be Crazy correctly.

Shoot the introduced river going pigs and sell the blubber if it isn't tasty enough? Why is it a problem?

Can't Hilary and Rosie O'Donnell go on vacation without sparking an international crisis?

Leave wild animals alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My GOD! what's with you people????

Let animal life share this planet with us humans like GOD has declared!

Have some kindness in your hearts!

I had some that ate marbles. Certainly drove my dad crazy every time we tried feeding the hungry bastards.

Personally I don't care to kill a woodchuck who is digging up my garden but I will even though fat woodchucks don't appeal to me as a food source. I can't imagine the poor folks in Columbia being forced to watch 300 pound introduced hippos rampaging through their streets and not being able to kill them because of inane elitist liberal edicts.

Personally I don't care to kill a woodchuck who is digging up my garden but I will even though fat woodchucks don't appeal to me as a food source. I can't imagine the poor folks in Columbia kill them because of inane elitist liberal edicts.

It's not the fault of the hippos that they were introduced there.

Sometimes I tend to think human beings are more idiots than any animal life out there!

ok, sounds like you emptying the Gin bottle again Skye, BUT I like it.
Very profound!

They might be useful for preventing forest fires...they hate open flame and will rush in to stamp it out...that's if I'm remembering The Gods Must be Crazy correctly.
I've never heard anything like that.

Apparently hippo's, native to Africa, were introduced into South American rivers by crazy drug cartel zoo keepers. The hippo's reproduced in the warm South American rivers at an alarming rate. Hippo's probably look like water pigs and would be an easy meat source but wouldn't you know it, the elites in Columbia decided that hippos should be protected because they are so damned cute
Had no idea Rosie O'Donnell and her kin had moved to South America....

Forum List

Back