son has gun fever....

you sound just like him....none of my business.....it is always my business till the day i die it will be my business....which is what i tell him

i know what it is....i have seen it before and i know the results....that conceal carry is burning a hole in his pocket..it does seem....

so a few weeks ago he mentions that perhaps i could chip in on a taurus judge...i told him no...not gonna happen....so last night his g/f texts me and asks if i want to go in with her on the gun....i said no...and told her to stop letting him guilt her....with it is the only thing he wants and that 500 bucks is way too much for anyones birthday gift....she mentions he needs it for home defense....the poor girl has no clue about weapons etc.....i tell her he has a pistol, two shot guns and a rifle...what he needs is adt...now keep in mind last time he was with me...he mentioned wanting his 30/30...i told him to get it and take it...thus adding to his collection....

my rant...how do i stop the gun fever....i feel like now....giving him the entire collection will not help....my father was never into hand guns that much.....so its all rifles and shot guns...and he suddenly has a hard on for pistols....

all suggestions are welcome....
The Judge is a great self defense weapon

This is the Raging Judge with even more versatility than the standard

he is young...32....and just got his concealed carry....so he has gun fever....he has been taught...and told....but he has the fever ...what ya gonna do with grown ass kids?
The fever will eventually pass but when is anyone's guess. I went through it 15 years ago, I forced myself to say no on anything but what I could afford with cash, I only ended up with 3 pistols and 1 revolver over a 5 year period and they weren't the ones I was really dooling over. Now I'm interested in other firearms that I haven't the cash for yet, who knows I may or may not get them, not really that worried about it so you see the fever will pass.

he iz at 2 pistols one revolver and gave me a security check which i totally failed....his solution now is a pistol at the house....no permit just a background check...then he looks at me in total frustration and declares the dogs are worthless and i wont keep up with a pistol......

i know what it is....i have seen it before and i know the results....that conceal carry is burning a hole in his pocket..it does seem....

so a few weeks ago he mentions that perhaps i could chip in on a taurus judge...i told him no...not gonna happen....so last night his g/f texts me and asks if i want to go in with her on the gun....i said no...and told her to stop letting him guilt her....with it is the only thing he wants and that 500 bucks is way too much for anyones birthday gift....she mentions he needs it for home defense....the poor girl has no clue about weapons etc.....i tell her he has a pistol, two shot guns and a rifle...what he needs is adt...now keep in mind last time he was with me...he mentioned wanting his 30/30...i told him to get it and take it...thus adding to his collection....

my rant...how do i stop the gun fever....i feel like now....giving him the entire collection will not help....my father was never into hand guns that much.....so its all rifles and shot guns...and he suddenly has a hard on for pistols....

Get him to take classes first......ensure he has gun safety as part of his DNA......and then make him earn it on his own.....all things that will make his wish to carry a gun a safe and good practice.

A judge for Concealed Carry?

Bit on the large side for that.

That's what I was thinking. I read, the other night, where an employer is buying all his employees "The Judge" that they MUST carry while working at his place. Quite frankly, I would NEVER recommend using a .410 against anyone - might piss them off.

A judge for Concealed Carry?

Bit on the large side for that.

That's what I was thinking. I read, the other night, where an employer is buying all his employees "The Judge" that they MUST carry while working at his place. Quite frankly, I would NEVER recommend using a .410 against anyone - might piss them off.

wtf? the garage? why did they trash the guns forum? did anyone really get an answer other than its not coming back?

last night was a bad night....lost our thor....son came over...dug grave and drank bottle of bourbon....during the evening he mentions a new pistol ...going you will never guess what i got.....i guessed a new 1911....which really pissed him off...then he goes 'what model' ...i had no clue..then he reveals its a custom gun...i am like what the fuck is a custom gun..then he revealed the price.....omg....so i said.....o a custom gun is when you get a sucker willing to pay that much so you throw together some parts....the fight was on....

so the gun fever is reaching the mercy killing point.....i may just have to put him outta his misery....and yes i am pissed off...lots of yelling....you did what...and what is odd was i had just mentioned i needed to call his stock broker and see what the hell was going on...no need to do that now...

i wonder if he thinks i will be so distracted by the death of my thor that i wont notice this announcement.....o hell no.....i am waiting till i can call his hung over ass and begin to gnaw on him....like a pit bull.....i am in total shock that he did this....total shock and he keeps going..."you will love it when you see it"

please tell me this will end.....omg and then he even has his plus one telling me its an 'investment' .....

wtf? the garage? why did they trash the guns forum? did anyone really get an answer other than its not coming back?

last night was a bad night....lost our thor....son came over...dug grave and drank bottle of bourbon....during the evening he mentions a new pistol ...going you will never guess what i got.....i guessed a new 1911....which really pissed him off...then he goes 'what model' ...i had no clue..then he reveals its a custom gun...i am like what the fuck is a custom gun..then he revealed the price.....omg....so i said.....o a custom gun is when you get a sucker willing to pay that much so you throw together some parts....the fight was on....

so the gun fever is reaching the mercy killing point.....i may just have to put him outta his misery....and yes i am pissed off...lots of yelling....you did what...and what is odd was i had just mentioned i needed to call his stock broker and see what the hell was going on...no need to do that now...

i wonder if he thinks i will be so distracted by the death of my thor that i wont notice this announcement.....o hell no.....i am waiting till i can call his hung over ass and begin to gnaw on him....like a pit bull.....i am in total shock that he did this....total shock and he keeps going..."you will love it when you see it"

please tell me this will end.....omg and then he even has his plus one telling me its an 'investment' .....

No, no answers were ever offered. I spoke with 3 mods about it, and none of them knew the Firearms Forum was removed. Then suddenly the thread asking about it was locked.

It seems to me that some mod didn't like the forum. They killed it and now they close ranks. The lack of info is always annoying.

It wasn't us.

We were asking the same unanswered questions back-stage.

The closest thing to an answer this average mod can offer is that USMB is and always has been a privately owned forum.

It wasn't us.

We were asking the same unanswered questions back-stage.

The closest thing to an answer this average mod can offer is that USMB is and always has been a privately owned forum.

That is what I found so disturbing is that no one seems to know why the forum was closed, or who closed it.

I get that USMB is a privately owned forum. I also get that, without the posters here, it is just another empty political debate site. The posters matter too.

I don't understand the need for secrecy. There are some threads that have been going for a long time. Why trash them?

i would guess more some sort of legal issues......all these imaginary scenarios that lawyers can scare people with...what if someone posted a plan for a tater gun and someone made it and shot someone.....everyone is liable....i would guess more legal issues than mod butthurt....i could be wrong

i would guess more some sort of legal issues......all these imaginary scenarios that lawyers can scare people with...what if someone posted a plan for a tater gun and someone made it and shot someone.....everyone is liable....i would guess more legal issues than mod butthurt....i could be wrong

If the Automotive Forum hadn't disappeared at the same time I would be more likely to agree with you.

But given the vitriolic posts in a number of forums, the Gun Forum seemed pretty benign.

add to the mix and mess..his father is becoming very much an anti gunner.....so i walk a tight rope ....i am not an anti gunner but i am not proving it by helping son purchase fire arms

Tell him to sell off his other guns if he wants to buy that one.

And maybe get hubby to sell off most of his own collection too.

That way the are fewer guns around to feed the fever.

i am gonna take it your a yankee....

we dont sell what was handed down....my son is slowly getting the collection of my father...i will only keep the first gun i owned...a .22...all else goes to him...then my hubby will inherit another collection from his father....

i checked my guns.....loaded rifle at back door...two locked shot guns in walk in in bedroom....i will back away from trouble as much as i can....but my bedroom is my last resort....my husband warns people if i am in the back of the house to make sure i can hear them come in....

^^^^^ TRUTH ^^^^^^^^

-Geaux

Forum List

Back