Some of the best bass riffs in modern rock

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Very few modern rock bands put as much effort into putting the bass front and center as BandMaid. And they do it almost every song and in may of them Misa (Basist) gets her own solos. The second is a highly scripted music video so she isn't as front and center but when they play live she gets an opportunity to shine and she gets to let the funk out.

And ya ya ya, I know some of you old farts don't like this band. That's fine, but there's no need for you to shit in the thread. Close your eyes so the thought of young foreign women doesn't send you into a fit of rage and just ENJOY THE MUSIC.

Very few modern rock bands put as much effort into putting the bass front and center as BandMaid. And they do it almost every song and in may of them Misa (Basist) gets her own solos. The second is a highly scripted music video so she isn't as front and center but when they play live she gets an opportunity to shine and she gets to let the funk out.

And ya ya ya, I know some of you old farts don't like this band. That's fine, but there's no need for you to shit in the thread. Close your eyes so the thought of young foreign women doesn't send you into a fit of rage and just ENJOY THE MUSIC.

Good stuff.

If you like ripping bass riffs, listen to some early Gov't Mule.

Very few modern rock bands put as much effort into putting the bass front and center as BandMaid.

Gramps, you need to learn the difference between NOISE and MUSIC; the difference between just technical skill, and true musical originality, inventiveness and lyricism. I've heard part of one tune by your jap girl band that had a lot of potential, but then they veered off into some crappy light show while just frenetically beating on their instruments in syncopated pandemonium.

If you want to hear good bass, I suggest you try Stanley Clarke, Ralphe Armstrong, Rick Laird, and others. Even P-Nut of 311.

• Banned
A few consideration would be that Misa is playin' a 5 string, and appears to have small hands Gramps. ~S~
Yeah she has one bass I shit you not that is bigger than she is and I think it's a 6 string? Big black monster of a guitar. She has a new yellow one she just bought but they haven't filmed anything with it beyond their private online shows that you have to pay to see.

I don't understand this kind of music, it sounds like a cheap fake to me. It seems to me that if you chaotically knock on the strings and sort out any arbitrary chords, you will get roughly the same thing. There is rithm only but music itself is absent. It's something similar to hippie style

In general, riffs are just chords cut down to 2 sounds, right? How can they be "modern"? Are chords also classified as "modern" and "non-modern"?

In general, I suspect that these guys simply do not know how to play instruments and do not have vocal talent, hence this "mystery".
it's just scams

If the music is "heavy", it does not mean that it is primitive, it does not mean that it is a dog barking accompanied by chaotic muttering. For example, musicians from Melallica are real musicians, good composers, virtuoso performers. And even a relatively simple music Nirvana was talented, so "heaviness" does not mean shit, do not confuse it.

I follow David 504 and Charels Berthold

Screenshot_20211226-194636_Instagram.jpg

I'm ready lol. Just hope they come within 500 miles of KC

Forum List

Back