Some of my favorite Steely Dan tunes.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Been a fan since I was like 11 or 12, and still am, even though they took 20 years off and pretty much faded away in the 90's and 00's, but everything they did before that still holds up next to today's popular music. I have a whole list of favorite songs depending on the mood so I'll just start with a few.

Rest in peace Walter Becker.

Live at Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, CA 1993

Instrumental Medley (The Royal Scam, Bad Sneakers, Aja) 0:12 Green Earrings 8:42 Bodhisattva 14:00 IGY 19:49 Josie 25:58 Hey Nineteen 32:57 Book Of Liars 39:14 Chain Lightning 43:38 Green Flower Street 55:29 Home At Last 59:35 Black Friday 1:05:56 Tuzz’s Shadow , Deacon Blues 1:16:37 Tomorrow’s Girls 1:24:43 Babylon Sisters 1:31:23 Reelin' In The Years 1:38:11 The Fall Of '92 , Peg 1:51:32 Third World Man 1:56:12 Countermoon 2:02:31 Teahouse On The Tracks (small skip before this song; couldn't fix it, sorry) 2:07:28 My Old School 2:15:39 FM (No Static At All) 2:22:37

Last edited:
Been a fan since I was like 11 or 12, and still am, even though they took 20 years off and pretty much faded away in the 90's and 00's, but everything they did before that still holds up next to today's popular music. I have a whole list of favorite songs depending on the mood so I'll just start with a few.

Rest in peace Walter Becker.

Nice thread starter, Angelo. I like quite a few Steely Dan songs from the 70's. Reeling in the Years, Do It Again, Black Friday, Rikki Don't Lose that Number, My Old School, Peg, FM, and Hey Nineteen are probably my favorites by them.

I saw them in concert in Frankfurt.

Too bad the acoustics weren’t so good in that huge venue.

Must have been the at the Festhalle Frankfurt... I seen Pink Floyd there in Jan. of 77... Animals... Plenty of room for the giant Pink Pig... :rock:
I'm jealous of you both. I've been to tons of concerts, Aerosmith to Zeppelin, but never saw Pink Floyd or Steely Dan.

I saw them in concert in Frankfurt.

Too bad the acoustics weren’t so good in that huge venue.

Must have been the at the Festhalle Frankfurt... I seen Pink Floyd there in Jan. of 77... Animals... Plenty of room for the giant Pink Pig... :rock:
I'm jealous of you both. I've been to tons of concerts, Aerosmith to Zeppelin, but never saw Pink Floyd or Steely Dan.
saw Pink Floyd around 73-74 at the LA Sports Arena.....Dark Side of the Moon Tour....in 4 channel....

saw Pink Floyd around 73-74 at the LA Sports Arena.....Dark Side of the Moon Tour....in 4 channel....
Would have been great. I missed the Cleveland Stadium Animals tour....heard all about it - the giant pig and the little pink piggies.

I guess if I were to run through all my favorite concerts the Stadium festival in 79
(called the World Series of Rock), with Scorpions , ACDC, Journey, Thin Lizzy, Ted Nugent and Aerosmith. Then, 16th row for Led Zeppelin in 77 was awesome. ..........Rush 6 times. Yes, Queen, Thin Lizzy, The Who, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Jethro Tull, Heart , Fleetwood Mac,.............. and maybe my two personal favorites- Santana (3 times) and Genesis in 1977 ( Wind and Wuthering tour) also the same set as the Second's Out album + new stuff.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back