Some Good News, following a horribly tragic crime in Chicago

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Survivors Of Bucktown Baseball Bat Attack Receive Awards For Courage

For two crime victims who suffered major injuries after being beaten by a bat-wielding man in Chicago, who nearly left one of the young women brain dead, I found some follow up articles.

Natasha McShane is now able to stand, walk and talk after a recovery process that seemed nearly hopeless years ago, so much that she cried every day frustrated that she lost her internship and career to this random attack outside a Chicago bar.

Her best friend Stacy Jurich, who served as the key witness as the second victim of the brutal attack, got married in Ireland so Natasha could stand by her side as her Maid of Honor.

This was a healing event for the families who have struggled with uncertain recovery while navigating a brutal criminal justice system that takes its own toll on the victims after the fact.

Both women have won awards for their courage as an inspiration to other people and crime victims who know the struggle.

Hats off to these women, and I'm so glad to hear they've made such remarkable progress that didn't seem possible when I first read about this violent attack.

Gang member sentenced to 90 years for baseball bat attack on student

Natasha McShane Chicago - Victims Reunited In Ireland

If anyone can find a website to help contribute to the recovery support in this case, please post on here!

Forum List

Back