Some days ya just can't win.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
I've got an old Chevy truck. I love my old chevy truck. I could by a new or newer truck but I don't like the new trucks.

Anywho, she's got 340,000 miles plus so something always needs fixing. Last winter I redid the whole top end, heads, cam, the works. At some point this spring the blower motor went out. Not a big deal, just parked it and drove one of the others until I have time to mess with it. It's really just a half hour job or so, and I finally got around to it this evening. While changing the motor I notice the resistor looks half melted so I change it. Then I discover that i only have 2 of 4 fan speeds. Track that back to the switch and change it. Three hours later I've finally got it all done only to discover that during the top end rebuild I must have kinked the high pressure ac line hard enough to crack the 20 year old rubber. So I still don't have air.

Arrrgh.

All joking aside I jave a 2004 bmw thats my baby .
my man works on it along with my mechenic .
It was my first car and is high milage. I wont sell it or trade it in.

It's a Chevy...…..whadya expect??

#2 son has a 63, hopefully one of these days he'll get it running :rolleyes:

I've got an old Chevy truck. I love my old chevy truck. I could by a new or newer truck but I don't like the new trucks.

Anywho, she's got 340,000 miles plus so something always needs fixing. Last winter I redid the whole top end, heads, cam, the works. At some point this spring the blower motor went out. Not a big deal, just parked it and drove one of the others until I have time to mess with it. It's really just a half hour job or so, and I finally got around to it this evening. While changing the motor I notice the resistor looks half melted so I change it. Then I discover that i only have 2 of 4 fan speeds. Track that back to the switch and change it. Three hours later I've finally got it all done only to discover that during the top end rebuild I must have kinked the high pressure ac line hard enough to crack the 20 year old rubber. So I still don't have air.

Arrrgh.

It’s time. Besides, you will love the techno creature features.

2018 SILVERADO 1500 CREW CAB LT ALL STAR 4WD

2018-chevrolet-silverado-1500-selldown-blue1.png

For well-qualified buyers

0% APR for 72Months†

OR

For current GM Owners
$6,500 Total Cash Allowance
$3,000 Price Reduction Below MSRP
+ $750 Option Package Discount
$10,250 Total Value
when you finance with GM Financial†

Arrrgh.

0% APR for 72Months†

OR

For current GM Owners
$10,250 Total Value

Yabbit……..what's the final price &/or payments??? Probably more than most mortgages

Arrrgh.

I've got an '88 K1500 w/ a 350. They're worth keeping on the road. Keep right on fixing yours.

P7070046.JPG

Arrrgh.

0% APR for 72Months†

OR

For current GM Owners
$10,250 Total Value
I can't stand the way those things look and they feel like they are made of time cans and cheap plastic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back