Some cops should not be cops.

EVERYONE hates cops. They scrutinize you, and they have guns. But they do come under some scrutiny . What scrutiny do IDIOTS come under? THE ones that tail gate and speed and shoot people and do this stupid shit and want police to be watched? Yeah, those self same righteous idiots. WHO is going to watch THEM? What organization will make everything better?

Liar%20too-M.jpg

Get out of the car pointing this at me... I'm gonna ask to see hands. Once I'm satisfied it's safe, you can photograph me till you run out of film. Just, please, be sure to get my good side.

For-Gopro-Accessories-2-in-1-Shutter-Pistol-Trigger-Floating-Handle-Grip-Stick-For-Gopro-Hero.jpg_640x640.jpg
Looks like a gun to me....

EVERYONE hates cops. They scrutinize you, and they have guns. But they do come under some scrutiny . What scrutiny do IDIOTS come under? THE ones that tail gate and speed and shoot people and do this stupid shit and want police to be watched? Yeah, those self same righteous idiots. WHO is going to watch THEM? What organization will make everything better?
Bullshit.

Get out of the car pointing this at me... I'm gonna ask to see hands. Once I'm satisfied it's safe, you can photograph me till you run out of film. Just, please, be sure to get my good side.

For-Gopro-Accessories-2-in-1-Shutter-Pistol-Trigger-Floating-Handle-Grip-Stick-For-Gopro-Hero.jpg_640x640.jpg

Depending on how you look it. If I'm not sure, I have the right to have it not pointed at me until I am sure. Is that too much to ask?

He complied with the officer's request ... eventually.
It aint right.

When an officer issues a request, it's for his own safety, and yours. Comply with the request and leave it to the courts to decide who was wrong and who was right.

Don't goad a police officer.

It is quite difficult to press suit from the cemetary. Police must be restrained by being held accoutable for their actions. When I was growing up the police were held in some respect today not so much.

It aint right.

When an officer issues a request, it's for his own safety, and yours. Comply with the request and leave it to the courts to decide who was wrong and who was right.

It is quite difficult to press suit from the cemetary. Police must be restrained by being held accoutable for their actions. When I was growing up the police were held in some respect today not so much.

If you were aware of just how much restraint police show on a daily basis, you might be quite surprised.

Cops aren't the problem. I go to the store this and morning some asshat in an Audi thinks he can tailgate and push people around. Exactly because there wasn't a cop around. 40 years ago, we the people were the moral center. NOW? Cops are the enemy because you don't have a conscience or sense of right and wrong. Yeah, blame the police for that.

Depending on how you look it. If I'm not sure, I have the right to have it not pointed at me until I am sure. Is that too much to ask?
I think you know that is not a gun.

Cops aren't the problem. I go to the store this and morning some asshat in an Audi thinks he can tailgate and push people around. Exactly because there wasn't a cop around. 40 years ago, we the people were the moral center. NOW? Cops are the enemy because you don't have a conscience or sense of right and wrong. Yeah, blame the police for that.

As someone who was 20, 40-years ago, I can assure you it was no different. Since we left the Olduvai Gorge, a certain number of folks are just going to be arseholes. It's incurable.

It aint right.

If you were aware of just how much restraint police show on a daily basis, you might be quite surprised.

Restraint? When did police theory become not shooting someone is showing restraint? Police should be forbidden to lie to those they contact ie producing id in some states one must be under arrest before being required to produce id, there are myriad examples of officers trying to intimidate subjects to produce id without need, trying to dicuss policing with an
officer is useless. As a nation trillions are spent on policing and the clearance of crimes is pitifully low many crimes the police will tell you the are not going to do more than write a report. As a nation we shoud require much, much more from
our police.

It aint right.

Restraint? When did police theory become not shooting someone is showing restraint? Police should be forbidden to lie to those they contact ie producing id in some states one must be under arrest before being required to produce id, there are myriad examples of officers trying to intimidate subjects to produce id without need, trying to dicuss policing with an
officer is useless. As a nation trillions are spent on policing and the clearance of crimes is pitifully low many crimes the police will tell you the are not going to do more than write a report. As a nation we shoud require much, much more from
our police.

If a police officer stops you for cause, he is within the law to ascertain your identity. He can't do his job unless he know with whom he is dealing. You may have a criminal history, you may have outstanding warrants, you may be a suspect in an ongoing investigation. Knowing who you are may be vital to proving you are not the person the police might be seeking.

On the highway, it is much more simple. Most states have implied consent laws that require you to produce identification simply by the fact you are driving on a public highway.

Yes, a lot of crimes go unsolved simply through the lack of a suspect or lack of evidence. In those cases, there is little that can be done other than taking a report. A report that is added to a database so that a pattern can be established and hopefully that information will go to solving or preventing other crimes. In many cases, it does not.

If the public want police to do more, they have to be willing to provide more resources to do that work. I can assure you, with all the unpaid hours of overtime I perform, that we are not wasting your money.

If the officer was in fear for his safety, why didn't he shoot? Perhaps he saw a camera?

If the officer was in fear for his safety, why didn't he shoot? Perhaps he saw a camera?

Situations in the public arena are never binary and you will never know what is happening (or has happened) in a confrontation without examining it from all angles from start to finish.

There are levels of escalation between deadly force and complete passivity. Situations, once escalated by either party, are sometimes difficult to de-escalate. If an officer requests you not point something at him, it's best to not point it at him. There is literally nothing to gain from forcing a situation to escalate.

When you point something at a police officer, that officer has the right (legally and morally) to be damn sure what is being pointed at him.

It aint right.

our police.

If a police officer stops you for cause, he is within the law to ascertain your identity. He can't do his job unless he know with whom he is dealing. You may have a criminal history, you may have outstanding warrants, you may be a suspect in an ongoing investigation. Knowing who you are may be vital to proving you are not the person the police might be seeking.

On the highway, it is much more simple. Most states have implied consent laws that require you to produce identification simply by the fact you are driving on a public highway.

Yes, a lot of crimes go unsolved simply through the lack of a suspect or lack of evidence. In those cases, there is little that can be done other than taking a report. A report that is added to a database so that a pattern can be established and hopefully that information will go to solving or preventing other crimes. In many cases, it does not.

If the public want police to do more, they have to be willing to provide more resources to do that work. I can assure you, with all the unpaid hours of overtime I perform, that we are not wasting your money.

Isn't that always the excuse give us more resources, I work upaid overtime and on and on. I never worked a 40 hour a week job they all seemed to stretch into more and more hours each week and the salary was fixed. A contract had a budget and performance was
judged by bringing it to conclusion under budget on time preferably shorter. Every job I ever had was budgeted and going over budget was a good way to be forced to look for another job. When you take a job you better have a good idea of what
it takes and be willing to do it.

It aint right.

Police are held accountable.

If you refuse to comply with the officers, why should you be surprised if you get shot?

It aint right.

If you refuse to comply with the officers, why should you be surprised if you get shot?

Why is refusal to comply when unarmed a capital offense?

It aint right.

Why are you being deliberately obtuse?

It aint right.

Why are you being deliberately obtuse?

Forum List

Back