Some advice for baggers

t_polkow

Rookie
Mar 3, 2013
Not jesusland
And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient, that we are only six percent of the world's population, that we cannot impose our will upon the other ninety-four percent of mankind, that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.

-JFK
November 16, 1961

The only American exceptionalism is the fact that so many Americans imagine this country is exceptional.

It takes a practiced aversion to history to become so deluded.

The only American exceptionalism is the fact that so many Americans imagine this country is exceptional.

Exceptionalism is a concept to be sought, not inherited. Genetics and geography have nothing to do with it. This is why the left fails to understand what it really is. To think that people should strive to rise above the status quo and the collective is unthinkable to them, if not impossible. Only the masterminds running the collective are capable of greatness.

Last edited:
Moved to Tea Party Forum

Except his stupid declaration has naught to do with the TEA Party. TEA party simply stands for TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY.

His stupid declaration belongs in the rubbish bin.

that certainly explains why so many assholes are so desperate to get to this shithole. donut?

And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient, that we are only six percent of the world's population, that we cannot impose our will upon the other ninety-four percent of mankind, that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.

-JFK
November 16, 1961

Some advice for you, next time, try to have a fucking point.

The only American exceptionalism is the fact that so many Americans imagine this country is exceptional. It takes a practiced aversion to history to become so deluded.

Compared with other affluent democracies the United States has an exceptionally high degree of inequality, poverty, and crime. The safety net is exceptionally frayed, and close to the ground. Our exceptionally rich rich pay exceptionally low taxes, while complaining in ways that are exceptionally obnoxious that they are being ruined by taxation.

American exceptionalism resembles the traditional Chinese attitude that China is "the middle kingdom," an oasis of civilization surrounded by barbarians and backward countries from whom China had nothing of value to learn.

In 1793 the Chinese Emperor Qian Long wrote the following letter to George III, of Great Britain in return for a request for trade relationships:

"You, O King, live beyond the confines of many seas, nevertheless, impelled by your humble desire to partake of the benefits of our civilisation, you have dispatched a mission respectfully bearing your memorial. Your Envoy has crossed the seas and paid his respects at my Court on the anniversary of my birthday. To show your devotion, you have also sent offerings of your country's produce.

"I have perused your memorial: the earnest terms in which it is couched reveal a respectful humility on your part, which is highly praiseworthy...

"we possess all things. I set no value on objects strange or ingenious, and have no use for your country's manufactures...

"There was therefore no need to import the manufactures of outside barbarians in exchange for our own produce...

"I do not forget the lonely remoteness of your island, cut off from the world by intervening wastes of sea, nor do I overlook your excusable ignorance of the usages of our Celestial Empire."
Chinese Cultural Studies: Emperor Qian Long: Letter to George III, 1793

If teabaggers could write this well this is the kind of thing they would write. It expresses their attitude toward the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back