Somali pirates seize Danish-owned ship: US Navy

So... um... hey, it's pretty cool they got control of the ship back.

Israel's "strategy" is fundamentally irrational in that unwarranted attacks on civilians (whether they actually are or are merely perceived as such), have the obvious result of functioning as a recruitment tool for radical Islamic jihadist and terrorist organizations, which thereby inflames tensions and increases violent assaults.

silly goose

Israel's strategy is to continuously escalate the conflict because the force is on their side

there is nothing irrational about it

unless America itself collapses its only a matter of time until Israel does the same thing to Palestinians that we did to native Americans

they're almost there ...

Last edited:
silly goose

Israel's strategy is to continuously escalate the conflict because the force is on their side

unless America itself collapses its only a matter of time until Israel does the same thing to Palestinians that we did to native Americans

The IDF lacks the ability to contest true guerilla warfare. Not just some clowns firing an occasional Qassam rocket, but a legitimately powerful guerilla force and uprising. Should they continue in wanton destruction, this will serve as a facilitate such a force.

silly goose

The IDF lacks the ability to contest true guerilla warfare. Not just some clowns firing an occasional Qassam rocket, but a legitimately powerful guerilla force and uprising. Should they continue in wanton destruction, this will serve as a facilitate such a force.

stop being a tool.

nobody is fighting anybody.

the point of Israel's actions is to make life in Palestine UNBEARABLE and cause people to simply LEAVE.

they simply have to make sure the population of Palestine keeps steadily going down. that's all Israel needs to win.

Israel cannot lose to Palestine. That would be like USA losing to Cuba.

There's only 2 ways Israel can lose this game:

1 - USA collapses and Israel is left alone to fight the rest of the middle east.

2 - Iran has had enough and nukes Israel into oblivion :)

then USA nukes Iran and Russia nukes USA ...

Last edited:
CNN) -- The crew of a U.S.-flagged container ship has retaken control of the ship from pirates but its captain is being held hostage, the freighter's second officer said Wednesday.

Capt. Richard Phillips, seen in this 1979 photo, is being held captive by pirates, a crew member said.

Capt. Richard Phillips is being held in the Maersk Alabama's 28-foot lifeboat, Quinn said.

The crew had a plan to make an exchange for their captain.

"We had a pirate we took and kept him for 12 hours," Quinn told CNN. "We tied him up and he was our prisoner." Quinn describes the hijacking to CNN »

The crew gave back their prisoner but the pirates reneged on the plan and are continuing to hold Phillips captive.

"So now we're just trying to offer them whatever we can, food, but it's not working too good," he said.

Pirates hold U.S. ship's skipper, officer aboard says - CNN.com

They weren't pirates before Somalia fishing waters were targeted by industrial fishing vessels.

I'm also told that Somolia has become Europes toxic ewaste dump of choice.

I suspect that part of what has changed is that former fishmen can no longer make a living because they're no completeing with Europe's industrialized fishing industry.

Anyone have a more fleshed out story about this?

I'm sort of curious what makes a people suddenly gpo rogue like this and I do not think we're getting the whole story here.

I'm sorry, you're defending the pirates?

Based on the idea that mean ol' Europeans' better fishing methods forced them to do this?

If they weren't black, they'd all be dead yesterday. Can you imagine Western nations tolerating Russian pirates doing this, or Australian pirates?

I'm sorry, you're defending the pirates?

Based on the idea that mean ol' Europeans' better fishing methods forced them to do this?

If they weren't black, they'd all be dead yesterday. Can you imagine Western nations tolerating Russian pirates doing this, or Australian pirates?

We can always count on Mr. Joyce to point out the racial ramifications of the issue, even if they are totally irrelevant.

In regards to defense of pirates:

For the record, these aren't REALLY pirates with AK-47s threatening people with death, they're simply fishermen who were forced to resort to a different profession because of the evil capitalist pigs. We should just write them a check for their suffering and call it even.

I feel like I'm missing a big piece of this whole pirate puzzle... why aren't the crews armed again? Is it illegal?

Sweet.

Unfortunately, I don't think that it's going to include blowing up the pirates.

Yeah. The hostage captain and cargo might also be of some concern. ;)
the captain and the pirates are in the ships lifeboat

and the US Navy has a destroyer in the area and are refusing to give the location or any time line for it

that tells me they are closer than anyone thinks

Me being who I am.....Are the pirates challenging the strength of the Obama Administration, and his kinder, softer approach to governing, unlike that war monger Bush? I dunno know...just askin....

Forum List

Back