Zone1 Social Security Scam

Worker contribution is 6.2 %, not a large part. Overall we pay around 50 % when all tolled.
Its 12.4% total yes that's a large part, with out social security the worker would of probably have 6.2% raise from the employers contribution

And the workers could of invested that 12.4% , get a bigger return, or spend the money if they died before 65 or now 67 years old

Worker contribution is 6.2 %, not a large part. Bigger control is through Fed, State, and Sales taxes.

He's talking about employee part of the social security taxes. Nothing to do with federal, state or sale taxes. Apples and oranges.

You're right thought, they hold us by the balls on every level.

Its 12.4% total yes that's a large part, with out social security the worker would of probably have 6.2% raise from the employers contribution

And the workers could of invested that 12.4% , get a bigger return, or spend the money if they died before 65 or now 67 years old
That's not going to happen any time soon. Best to include SS in one's retirement savings plan, then take care of your health so you live to collect it.
People today generally have excess funds even after all taxes are paid, including SS, that they can save and invest. There are just too many shiny things to spend our money on.

He's talking about employee part of the social security taxes. Nothing to do with federal, state or sale taxes. Apples and oranges.

You're right thought, they hold us by the balls on every level.
If we would behave ourselves our taxes could be much lower.

That's not going to happen any time soon. Best to include SS in one's retirement savings plan, then take care of your health so you live to collect it.
People today generally have excess funds even after all taxes are paid, including SS, that they can save and invest. There are just too many shiny things to spend our money on.
Not everyone is like you , who hopes to collect, this has bothered me ever since my friends started to die in their Forty's from bad health decisions in their life's, they paid into a system along with their employers for like 24 years or so and didn't get a dime out of Social security.

Not everyone is like you , who hopes to collect, this has bothered me ever since my friends started to die in their Forty's from bad health decisions in their life's, they paid into a system along with their employers for like 24 years or so and didn't get a dime out of Social security.

If they died at 40, not getting Social Security was the least of their problems

Early deaths without collecting benefits is baked into the system.

If they died at 40, not getting Social Security was the least of their problems
So them losing out on a hundred grand or whatever the amount is ( the amount they and their employers paid into the system) is no concern to you as you spend THEIR money in your old age on Starbucks or a vacation?

Do liberals really think that way?

To me that's like stealing a dead man's wallet.

So them losing out on a hundred grand or whatever the amount is ( the amount they and their employers paid into the system) is no concern to you as you spend THEIR money in your old age on Starbucks or a vacation?

SS benefits everyone, by keeping us out of the poorhouse in our old age. You have to imagine society without that safety net. :omg: It's so bad that 'guaranteed minimum income' programs are being proposed for pre-retirement workers who are unable to survive financially.

SS benefits everyone, by keeping us out of the poorhouse in our old age. You have to imagine society without that safety net. :omg:
Once again the people I mentioned did not benefit one cent from social security, nothing, zip

They could of bought a nice house with that money, they could of gone on more vacations or a nicer car.

And for the millionth time social security was not designed for millions of Americans to collect when they hit 65 years old, only for a few hundred thousand, remember when SS started life expectancy was only around 60 years old

Once again the people I mentioned did not benefit one cent from social security, nothing, zip

They could of bought a nice house with that money, they could of gone on more vacations or a nicer car.

And for the millionth time social security was not designed for millions of Americans to collect when they hit 65 years old, only for a few hundred thousand, remember when SS started life expectancy was only around 60 years old
That was then. Things have changed and SS has kept up with those changes. And if SS goes bust in few years, it was good while it lasted.

If they died at 40, they missed out on a lot more than not collecting Social Security

Let's have a look at why they died so young.

A notable health guru once stated, "People don't die (naturally), they kill themselves."

This is true of many of my family and friends. They never gave a serious thought to their health, and they are all dead and gone.

Last edited:
That was then. Things have changed and SS has kept up with those changes. And if SS goes bust in few years, it was good while it lasted.
Lmfao, no social security has not kept up with those changes, please don't try to BS people in the Clean debate forum, your dealing with me, who is highly knowledgeable on politics and news

Last edited:
If they died at 40, they missed out on a lot more than not collecting Social Security
So you lived a better life then Jimmy Hendrix, James Dean, and all the rest?

I highly doubt you lived a better life then also some of my friends who died Young, living in New Jersey of all places, even if you hit a 100 years old they probably lived a better life

Everyone dies, not everyone lives

No there is not.
I would wager every single poster on this forum knows of at least one person receiving SS that shouldn't be.
I know of 3.
People have been scamming the system for decades.
Love you pal for bringing that up, my 2nd wife (a huge mistake) has been scamming SS for years, just because she doesn't want to work anymore

Forum List

Back