Social Security/Medicare Cuts

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

Despite the conservatives’ constant denial, Social Security is one of the most popular social programs in U.S. history.

In poll after poll, 70 to 80 percent of Americans oppose cuts to Medicare or Social Security. That includes the majority of Republicans, Democrats, Independents, men, women . . . everyone.

But last month, the impeached president trump told the billionaire global elites in Davos that he would cut Social Security. And then he actually did it, releasing a budget that slashes more than a trillion dollars from Medicare and Social Security.

You'd think that it would have been front page news. However, since the mainstream media is corporate owned, the impeached president trump's attack on Social Security has remained an extremely low priority story to major news and conservative faux news outlets.

Are the impeached one’s devoted fanatics, especially those who rely heavily on Social Security and Medicare, going to thank him for these cuts by voting for him this November? The cuts to these programs can only continue, and will inevitably trickle down to all recipients.

Naturally, all conservatives understand it is their duty to protect the well-being of the super-rich. So elderly conservative Social Security and Medicare recipients should be happy to give up much needed income and medical necessities to do their part for the fat cats. Such sacrifices are expected of all conservatives.

Laugh about that, especially those conservatives currently dependent upon Social Security and those who will be retiring in the next few years.

"I promise, if you elect me president, I won't touch Social Security and Medicare."
trumpinochio.gif

What I find amazing is he proposes cuts to social programs while increasing spending on the military, yet few Ds say anything about this.

It’s appalling.

From what I read, the bulk of the savings would come from tightening requirements and lowering drug prices. The entitlement programs cannot keep expanding, they already take half of the tax revenue with an aging population and a workforce that is not expanding fast enough to keep pace. Beyond that there is rampant waste, fraud and abuse in those programs.

Despite the conservatives’ constant denial, Social Security is one of the most popular social programs in U.S. history.

In poll after poll, 70 to 80 percent of Americans oppose cuts to Medicare or Social Security. That includes the majority of Republicans, Democrats, Independents, men, women . . . everyone.

But last month, the impeached president trump told the billionaire global elites in Davos that he would cut Social Security. And then he actually did it, releasing a budget that slashes more than a trillion dollars from Medicare and Social Security.

You'd think that it would have been front page news. However, since the mainstream media is corporate owned, the impeached president trump's attack on Social Security has remained an extremely low priority story to major news and conservative faux news outlets.

Are the impeached one’s devoted fanatics, especially those who rely heavily on Social Security and Medicare, going to thank him for these cuts by voting for him this November? The cuts to these programs can only continue, and will inevitably trickle down to all recipients.

Naturally, all conservatives understand it is their duty to protect the well-being of the super-rich. So elderly conservative Social Security and Medicare recipients should be happy to give up much needed income and medical necessities to do their part for the fat cats. Such sacrifices are expected of all conservatives.

Laugh about that, especially those conservatives currently dependent upon Social Security and those who will be retiring in the next few years.

"I promise, if you elect me president, I won't touch Social Security and Medicare."
View attachment 308131

What the hell, let's do Medicare-for-all, that ought to fix it....dumbass.

Are the cuts being made to disability stuff, or to retired seniors?

View attachment 308131

There may be more, but the only Repub I ever heard say a word about Social Security/Medicare was W. Bush. But there have been a lot of Progs who have. We have had slow growth for forty years compared to the past. Generation X is half the size of the Boomers who are retiring. The millennial generation is the size of the boomers and are much more diverse with hate toward the Boomers who are more heavily white. They make less then the Boomers did at their age and are more inclined to be activists for any reason.

View attachment 308131

There may be more, but the only Repub I ever heard say a word about Social Security/Medicare was W. Bush. But there have been a lot of Progs who have. We have had slow growth for forty years compared to the past. Generation X is half the size of the Boomers who are retiring. The millennial generation is the size of the boomers and are much more diverse with hate toward the Boomers who are more heavily white. They make less then the Boomers did at their age and are more inclined to be activists for any reason.

The boomers rode a ponzi scheme and were ready to sacrifice their country to keep it up along with the hedonist lifestyle.

"Ok, boomer"... great phrase. They are known for disastrous actions and even more disastrous advice that no one should ever listen to unless they want to end up 1 million in debt and a gender studies degree.

It seems that as long as they get their free gibs that newer generations have to pay, they are happy. To hell with the nation or anything else...

And the fix is so easy.

Raise or (better yet) eliminate the earnings cap.

Or admit that the benefits can't be paid and that it was in fact a scam.

Social Security is not a scam. It needs to be "fixed" to be made whole for the long term, otherwise benefits will be cut.
Social Security needs to be "fixed" by removing the earnings cap.

The benefits can be paid, have always been paid and should always be paid. Here is the Trustees Report for 2020:
Trustees Report Summary
The Social Security program provides workers and their families with retirement, disability, and survivors insurance benefits. Workers earn these benefits by paying into the system during their working years. Over the program’s 84-year history, it has collected roughly $21.9 trillion and paid out $19.0 trillion, leaving asset reserves of $2.9 trillion at the end of 2018 in its two trust funds.
Considered separately, the DI Trust Fund reserves become depleted in 2052 and the OASI Trust Fund reserves become depleted in 2034.
Social Security fixes: Eliminating the earnings cap is a no-brainer.
https://www.fool.com/retirement/2018/05/21/how-warren-buffett-thinks-we-should-fix-social-sec.aspx
https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/planning-to-retire/2014/11/14/5-potential-social-security-fixes

View attachment 308131

The boomers rode a ponzi scheme and were ready to sacrifice their country to keep it up along with the hedonist lifestyle.

"Ok, boomer"... great phrase. They are known for disastrous actions and even more disastrous advice that no one should ever listen to unless they want to end up 1 million in debt and a gender studies degree.

It seems that as long as they get their free gibs that newer generations have to pay, they are happy. To hell with the nation or anything else...

That's a lot of bullshit for one post. I also like the way you don't put up any links to support your bullshit claims.
1. Start by reading my post #15 to disabuse you of most of your lies
2. There is no hedonist lifestyle, only the Medicare and Social Security benefits we earned and paid for.
3. WTF "disastrous actions and advice" are you whining about?
4. What "free gibs" are you talking about? Democrats want to give free Medicare and free college to everyone. They better rethink that and fast.

This is the Democrat mantra every four years. It's never true. Yet they keep saying it. Why?

View attachment 308131

Link?

View attachment 308131

That's a lot of bullshit for one post. I also like the way you don't put up any links to support your bullshit claims.
1. Start by reading my post #15 to disabuse you of most of your lies
2. There is no hedonist lifestyle, only the Medicare and Social Security benefits we earned and paid for.
3. WTF "disastrous actions and advice" are you whining about?
4. What "free gibs" are you talking about? Democrats want to give free Medicare and free college to everyone. They better rethink that and fast.

We could finance SS and Medicare for DECADES, with the amount of money they want to spend on free healthcare for illegals, and the green new deal.

Tell us Leftists----------->who/whom are you really throwing under the bus!

And YOU people CREATED the programs, and after spending all the money in them, you ignore the investors...…...you phony-e-baloneys!

How sad it is that Americans will criticize SS, but have no problems with the extreme wealthy getting all sorts of goodies from Uncle Sam.

The wealthy elite must laugh their asses off at how duped these people are.

Forum List

Back