Social media censorship is government censorship, and therefore illegal.

nawpar

Jan 9, 2013
Ohio
The government is asking social media to censor people.. that makes it government censorship, and therefore illegal.

I am not an antivaxor. I am just for the freedom of speech.

There is a case proceeding in District Court in MA along these lines.

There is no difference, socialy, between usps and facebook. Until there is a conservative option just as big as facebook, facebook should be treated as a utility.

They are not the government, they are private companies. But since companies need to register with the government, that allows the government to shut them down.

The government is asking social media to censor people.. that makes it government censorship, and therefore illegal.

They are asking social media to prevent their platforms from being used for a disinformation campaign by the far right. Social media can decide what goes on their platform and they should do as much as they can to stop right wing fascists from spreading false information.

No, it’s not government censorship and it’s very much legal. That may run counter to your feelings and wishes, but those are irrelevant.

No one has been censored. They've all been banned. That just means that you can't play, or run the country from here anymore. Go away.

Dorsey 2024

Only problem with your theory is we don't live in a communist country. Social media platforms are owned by private business. I guess you want communism. Then the oil companies and all business is owned and controlled by government. In which case go fuck yourself commie.

Nope....social media is private companies. Nice try tho.

Whatever arguments you can make in favor of a right of privately-owned media to censor content; it all goes away when, as we are seeing here, we have government stepping in and pressuring them to engage in censorship.

The First Amendment forbids government from engaging in this sort of censorship, even if it does so indirectly, by compelling private entities to do their dirty work for them. And going along with it makes these private media complicit and culpable as accessories to the illegal actions of government.

Nope....social media is private companies. Nice try tho.
They are monopolies time to break them up or create alternatives.

There is no difference, socialy, between usps and facebook. Until there is a conservative option just as big as facebook, facebook should be treated as a utility.

The US Post Office is required by our constitution.

You really should read that document. You were supposed to learn about it school but apparently you spent your time not going to class and getting high or drunk or both.

There isn't one word in our constitution about Facebook.

I will also point out that in the Obama years you people screamed that the internet wasn't a utility and should never be considered as such. You people got what you wanted. Now you're crying about the consequences.

The US Post Office is required by our constitution.

You really should read that document. You were supposed to learn about it school but apparently you spent your time not going to class and getting high or drunk or both.

There isn't one word in our constitution about Facebook.

I will also point out that in the Obama years you people screamed that the internet wasn't a utility and should never be considered as such. You people got what you wanted. Now you're crying about the consequences.
I'm not You People.

Only problem with your theory is we don't live in a communist country. Social media platforms are owned by private business. I guess you want communism. Then the oil companies and all business is owned and controlled by government. In which case go fuck yourself commie.
Who said anything about commie, commie?

This is exactly the kind of shit that goes on in communist countries.

No, it’s not government censorship and it’s very much legal. That may run counter to your feelings and wishes, but those are irrelevant.
On one hand, I want to support the right of private businesses to use their property as they please. On the other, if there is clear government pressure, then GOVERNMENT is acting. Government is circumventing constitutional protections by using a third-party tool.

Forum List

Back