Social Media Bans

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
I know how Pres Trump feels about social media bans. Last year, Twitter suspended my account because I said something nasty to Hillary Clinton. A month later, I filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission.
I guess Twitter found out about those because they reinstated my account.

I tried to organize a boycott but nobody was interested.

Facebook banned me for one day.

Once for "hate speech" because I suggested people don't shake hands with men because some don't wash their hands after going to the toilet, and once because someone posted a picture of Nicola Sturgeon, Scottish leader, when she was a teenager and said "who'd vote for that" and I said that not everyone thinks with their dicks.

So, I stopped using Facebook for politics, and only use it rarely for anything else.

That's how boycotts work, when people actually decide they can't be bothered and go somewhere else. You don't need a mass movement, you just go.

I know how Pres Trump feels about social media bans. Last year, Twitter suspended my account because I said something nasty to Hillary Clinton. A month later, I filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission.
I guess Twitter found out about those because they reinstated my account.
Then you also know Trump is wrong about social media.

As private entities social media are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit – where how they edit that content in no manner ‘violates’ free speech.

And as private organizations social media are at liberty to exclude whomever they wish, consistent with the First Amendment right to freedom of association.

Facebook banned me for one day.

Once for "hate speech" because I suggested people don't shake hands with men because some don't wash their hands after going to the toilet, and once because someone posted a picture of Nicola Sturgeon, Scottish leader, when she was a teenager and said "who'd vote for that" and I said that not everyone thinks with their dicks.

So, I stopped using Facebook for politics, and only use it rarely for anything else.

That's how boycotts work, when people actually decide they can't be bothered and go somewhere else. You don't need a mass movement, you just go.
ROTFL! In order for a boycott to force someone to change his ways, you have to reduce his revenue and you can't do that by yourself.

ROTFL! In order for a boycott to force someone to change his ways, you have to reduce his revenue and you can't do that by yourself.

No, you can't. But then if you leave, and other people have the same attitude, then it will work. If everyone says "well, it didn't work, so I'll go back to using it".....

Then you also know Trump is wrong about social media.

That's a filthy lie.
Listen, jackass. Social media like Twitter have a monopoly which means they are the only means of communication available. They have the power to silence you completely just like government does when they censor someone. The first amendment guarrantees free speech for everybody, which means social media cannot ban anybody legally.

Hmmm..I think I'm on facebook. I'll check.

Yep.

Even had some messages. Fancy that.

Greg

Sadly Progressives are Totalitarian -- they pressure Media to ban all those who disagree with them. Conservatives have many faults, but Totalitarianism is a deal-breaker. Look at XXth Century History.

Forum List

Back