So, what's the problem with Sarah Palin?

Santorum.

Prediction: Synthia will screech about something inane, then claim victory.
Santorum is only conservative socially. He's a Big Government Neo-Con, who supported all of Bush's failed policies, and all of Bush's unfunded spending. He is also a huge pork barrel politician, signing on to everyone else's pork in order to get his own. Like the Bridge To Nowhere.

Sounds like your kind of 'conservative'. :lol:

McCain blasts Santorum on ‘pork-barrel spending’ - Election 2012 - The Washington Post
“I respect Senator Santorum,” McCain said Thursday morning during an interview with Soledad O’Brien on CNN’s “Starting Point.” “He and I had very strong differences on earmarking and pork-barrel spending. I believe that earmarking is the gateway to corruption. Senator Santorum supported it and engaged in it as much as he possibly could. I strongly disagreed with it. That was a fundamental difference we had in the Senate, but I still respect him.”

So you think McCain is a neutral party here? Really? Or you think it doesnt really matter if he is or not because you just want to burn Santorum?

Without a doubt, puh-thet-ick.

Who is the most conservative GOP candidate, and who are you leaning toward voting for, Jim?

I think Ron Paul is the most conservative in a historical context because he is more of a strict constitutionalist and his foreign policy is one our Founding Fathers would most agree with.

But Santorum is a close second and will do fine instead.

I dont think Paul is running to win, but to send a message.

I would agree with you re Paul embracing conservatism as it was expressed by the Founders. My only serious quarrel with Paul is in his seeming naivete re what the threats to our individual liberties are and his tolerance toward those who will not only not reciprocate but will interpret such toleranvce as American weakness and vulnerability.

Because I see the number one and in effect the ONLY legitimate function of the Federal government as identifying, respecting, and protecting our unalienable rights and promoting the free exercise of same, that alone is sufficient for me to put Paul at the bottom of the aspiring candidates. He is spot on in almost all of his other economic viewpoints though.

As for Santorum, I had never paid a lot of attention to him other than when he was in the Senate, he brilliantly debated some of the leftwing wackos. Through the fairly wide exposure he has received in this campaign, I am coming to appreciate him as a good, decent, practical person who is not immune to political campaign hyperbole but seems to be keeping that to a minimum. I don't pick up that he is just saying what he thinks people want to hear, but that he really believes it.

I am genuinely afraid of Ron Paul but would vote for him in a heartbeat over Obama.

I am not convinced that Mitt Romney doesn't say what he thinks people want to hear which I think is what makes him come across as disingenuous to some.

I don't have a clue what Newt Gingrich's core convictions are. I know he is brilliant, knows his stuff, has amaxzing recall abilities, and says a lot of stuff that really needs to be part of the debate. But I wish I knew exactly where his heart lies.

I think I know where Rick Santorum's heart lies, and all things considered, he and I share a lot of viewpoints though we do differ on some. I like him, believe he is the real deal, and maybe the least wierd and/or dishonest. The only thing keeping me from throwing my hat into his ring is I am not yet convinced he possesses the hard, tough core necessary to withstand the cruelest pressures of the Presidency--he cant count on the media to insulate him from that like Obama can--and I don't have a clue whether he possesses a good leadership skill set.

But in the end, any one of the four, or ANY of those who have already dropped out, would be a better President and would do a far sight less damage to the country than the current occupant in the White House.

What will be interesting is if nobody gets the necessary number of delegates so that we go to a brokered convention in the late summer or early fall. Then all those who have already suspended their campaigns plus the undeclared--Palin, Christie, Jindal, Rubio et al--would be fair game to pull into the mix.

Last edited:
Santorum has stated publicly it is absolutely the function of government to be involved in the personal lives of others.
What 2 consenting adults do legally is none of my business yet Santorum wants to legislate morality and has stated so in public.
Santorum wants to use the power of government to allow government to pick and choose who gets an abortion and who doesn't. He opposes abortion even in cases of rape and incest.
If Santorum is the nominee Obama gets 4 more years.
We are sick and tired of the Santorums and their attempts to hijack the Republican party.
Real conservatives see through Santorum and his dog and pony show.

Santorum prays Palin does not enter the race.
She won't as whatever is left of any of her base is already with Santorum.
I hope she does and splits the looney vote with Santorum and eliminates them from any power at the convention.

Who is the most conservative GOP candidate, and who are you leaning toward voting for, Jim?

I think Ron Paul is the most conservative in a historical context because he is more of a strict constitutionalist and his foreign policy is one our Founding Fathers would most agree with.

Ron Paul is decidedly anti-conservative in many aspects. I would think that a few of them would be complete deal breakers for a true conservative - a non-starter.

Santorum has stated publicly it is absolutely the function of government to be involved in the personal lives of others.
What 2 consenting adults do legally is none of my business yet Santorum wants to legislate morality and has stated so in public.
Santorum wants to use the power of government to allow government to pick and choose who gets an abortion and who doesn't. He opposes abortion even in cases of rape and incest.
If Santorum is the nominee Obama gets 4 more years.
We are sick and tired of the Santorums and their attempts to hijack the Republican party.
Real conservatives see through Santorum and his dog and pony show.

That's gonna happen anyway. I think the object now is to drag the country as far Right as fast as possible, to try to frame the debate and give them nice election day deflections from the economy, which they ironically cannot win on.

Ron Paul is decidedly anti-conservative in many aspects. I would think that a few of them would be complete deal breakers for a true conservative - a non-starter.

I'd be interested in hearing which aspects you feel Ron Paul is not conservative...

Which candidate is the most conservative, in your opinion?
Santorum.

Santorum is only conservative socially. He's a Big Government Neo-Con, who supported all of Bush's failed policies, and all of Bush's unfunded spending. He is also a huge pork barrel politician, signing on to everyone else's pork in order to get his own. Like the Bridge To Nowhere.

Did I call it, or what? :lol:

Whats to be afraid of some old dumbass like you?

What right do you have to know what candidate he supports assuming he even has decided yet?

You are just another clown throwing poop and bullshit around to distract from the main points people like Dave make.

You are a pathetic loser.
Synthia's desperate for me to answer. And no matter what candidate I say, he'll screech something like, "Nuh-UH!! HE'S not a conservative!!"

His life revolves around pretend victories on the internet. Pathetic, innit?

Can't really blame him. If I was stuck playing keyboards at the Holiday Inn's Tiki Room every Saturday night, I'd want to escape into a fantasy world myself.

He is anti-neocon, but not anti-consrvative on anything.

Not conservative in the historical American context anyway. Maybe in the view of MSNBC or some other leftards.

I'd be interested in hearing which aspects you feel Ron Paul is not conservative...
His support for legalized drugs, for one.

Santorum.

Did I call it, or what? :lol:
No. But you think you did.

He is anti-neocon, but not anti-consrvative on anything.

Not conservative in the historical American context anyway. Maybe in the view of MSNBC or some other leftards.
I see that you're a dope.

You said MANY, not one. What else??
And tell me why they shouldn't be legal and regulated, the same way alcohol and tobacco are?

Last edited:

And tell me why they shouldn't be legal and regulated, the same way alcohol and tobacco are?

That is a legitimate issue to debate and it is NOT a conservative or liberal issue. From what I see, conservatives are pretty widely divided on how drugs, alcohol, tobacco and other controllled substances should be managed or whether they should be managed at all.

Slow down, Speedy Gonzalez.

Tell me first where drug legalization has ever been a part of the Republican planks.

Show where conservatives have advocated drug legalization.

Then we'll move on.

That is a legitimate issue to debate and it is NOT a conservative or liberal issue. From what I see, conservatives are pretty widely divided on how drugs, alcohol, tobacco and other controllled substances should be managed or whether they should be managed at all.

Big whoop.

Would you like to stay on the subject? Are you even aware of the subject? :lol:

Tell me first where drug legalization has ever been a part of the Republican planks.

Then we'll move on.

Hell, I concede that the legalization of drugs is not a 'conservative issue'. I am glad, however, that it is coming up in conservative dialog, it's time conservatives dropped their Prohibition mentality on the issue.

Next?

Then we'll move on.

Hell, I concede that the legalization of drugs is not a 'conservative issue'. I am glad, however, that it is coming up in conservative dialog, it's time conservatives dropped their Prohibition mentality on the issue.

Next?
#2: Ending the Federal Reserve.

NOT a conservative position - never has been.

Then we'll move on.

Next?
#2: Ending the Federal Reserve.

NOT a conservative position - never has been.

It is NOW, I'm hearing ALL the candidates giving Ron credit for bringing the issue to light. They applaud the partial audit and support a FULL audit. This only proves that Ron Paul is a man ahead of his time.

Next?

Forum List

Back