So the Tea Party is Helping Get rid of Net Neutrality...

So much for the claims they're different. That's a bit disappointing.

Tea Party Allies With Telecom Industry to Dump Net Neutrality

So dumping Net Neutrality and letting corps charge more for one site than another is congruent with what they preach, how?

Someone said if these people got their way that a corporatacracy would ensue and we'd all be screwed. Hmmm. Looks like they were right.

So, you guys get to yell "Hooray! We got less government!" while opening the door for MSN to charge more for visiting a Conservative site than a Liberal one. Brilliant.

Go ahead. Tell me how less government is ALWAYS a good thing...

Don't get sucked in by the name. It's a deception.

There is nothing neutral about it.

Just like there is nothing fair about the Fairness Doctrine.

So let's say that down the road, ISPs start funneling users and restricting content, would you be in favor of legislation at that point which stops them from doing that? Is it just that you insist on all laws being reactionary in nature and not proactive?

Off the top of my head, they already do that, and I see no need for legislation now. Do you honestly think all that crapware on now cellphones is there to help people? The smart users delete it, others expect mommy to help.

I do not need my mother to help me anymore, if you do I suggest you move back in with her, don't expect me to support you.

Why do I even bother trying to rationalize with irrational people who use the same tired old cliches?

I have to remind myself that you're the same person who doesn't understand basic internet terminology such as "phishing" yet you pretend like you do. If you can't grasp a concept as easy as that, I really shouldn't expect you to wrap your head around Net Neutrality. Maybe my mommy can explain it to you.

Doh!!!!!

Still living with mommy?

Keeping the FCC away from the internet is a good thing.

Nice talking point. Care to elaborate? Of course not, because thats all you "know" about the topic.

Because the nice people on FOX told him so!

Nice talking point, because the people on MSNBC told you so!

I saw your board name "IndependntLogic" and thought, hmmm... I'm an independent too, and I read another one of your posts and thought, hmmm... sounds like a reasonable person. Now here you are posting liberal/progressive crap and bashing Fox News. Yeah, you're independent alright. And MSNBC is conservative.

You blew your cover there skippy. You sound just like another liberal/progressive moron now.

Last edited:

what is not neutral about net neutrality?

please, explain.
What's neutral about politicians and bureaucrats -and the big money corporate lobbyists who buy them off- picking winners and losers?

Y'all whine and cry about corporate influence in politics, yet keep proposing the very things that encourage them to peddle more influence.

Amazing.

please, explain.
What's neutral about politicians and bureaucrats -and the big money corporate lobbyists who buy them off- picking winners and losers?

Y'all whine and cry about corporate influence in politics, yet keep proposing the very things that encourage them to peddle more influence.

Amazing.

how do you think this would let anyone pick winners and losers?

it's the opposite - it keeps the internet open to everyone, not just the big guys.

yes, it is a restriction on what providers can do. but it's a blanket restriction - no exceptions.

so by all means - tell us what harm the rule could cause.

please, explain.

Amazing.

how do you think this would let anyone pick winners and losers?

it's the opposite - it keeps the internet open to everyone, not just the big guys.

yes, it is a restriction on what providers can do. but it's a blanket restriction - no exceptions.

so by all means - tell us what harm the rule could cause.
The same way that the FDA picks winners and losers.

Have a new medication, but can't afford the $500 million it takes to overcome the regulatory hurdles it takes to bring it to market?...Too bad for you.

Whom does that regulatory mess favor, Joe's Pharm Lab or Merck?

Have a new medication, but can't afford the $500 million it takes to overcome the regulatory hurdles it takes to bring it to market?...Too bad for you.

try again. that analogy doesn't get close to working.

if a service provider is not allowed to throttle speeds how does that pick a winner or loser?

if a service provider is not allowed to throttle speeds how does that pick a winner or loser?
That analogy is how virtually all regulatory agencies basically work like huge protection rackets...Cant afford to buy off the regulators, then the likelihood of you even getting in the game are next to nonexistent....That favors the big players; them eeeeevil big corporations that liberoidals are always mewling about.

The throttling issue is a dead letter, with tiered pricing structures....You really need to come up with a better strawman.

Nice talking point. Care to elaborate? Of course not, because thats all you "know" about the topic.

I saw your board name "IndependntLogic" and thought, hmmm... I'm an independent too, and I read another one of your posts and thought, hmmm... sounds like a reasonable person. Now here you are posting liberal/progressive crap and bashing Fox News. Yeah, you're independent alright. And MSNBC is conservative.

You blew your cover there skippy. You sound just like another liberal/progressive moron now.

You're independent?? LOL. That's f*cking classic.

That analogy is how virtually all regulatory agencies basically work like huge protection rackets...Cant afford to buy off the regulators, then the likelihood of you even getting in the game are next to nonexistent....That favors the big players; them eeeeevil big corporations that liberoidals are always mewling about.

The throttling issue is a dead letter, with tiered pricing structures....You really need to come up with a better strawman.

so a rule that says you can't vary bandwith based on requested services translates into a beaurocracy based on pay-offs?

that about right to you?
this is a clear rule. either providers are chainging speeds, or they aren't. everyone follows the same rules.

your delusions of bribes and favoritism are just that.

You couldn't possibly understand this issue any less than you do right now. Congratulations. Net Neutrality ensures that the small guys can compete, now and forever. That's the point. Every time you post, your hypocrisy shoots to a new level never imagined possible.

Off the top of my head, they already do that, and I see no need for legislation now. Do you honestly think all that crapware on now cellphones is there to help people? The smart users delete it, others expect mommy to help.

I do not need my mother to help me anymore, if you do I suggest you move back in with her, don't expect me to support you.

Why do I even bother trying to rationalize with irrational people who use the same tired old cliches?

I have to remind myself that you're the same person who doesn't understand basic internet terminology such as "phishing" yet you pretend like you do. If you can't grasp a concept as easy as that, I really shouldn't expect you to wrap your head around Net Neutrality. Maybe my mommy can explain it to you.

Doh!!!!!

Still living with mommy?

Yeah, while collecting unemployment, government disability, food stamps and Medicaid. So what?

You couldn't possibly understand this issue any less than you do right now. Congratulations. Net Neutrality ensures that the small guys can compete, now and forever. That's the point. Every time you post, your hypocrisy shoots to a new level never imagined possible.
You're out of your fucking mind.

Consolidate regulatory power and those who seek to buy off the regulators -i.e. corporate lobbyists- know exactly where to go to do the buying...That favors the big players...Alway has, always will.

Talk about someone who couldn't understand the concept any less.

Last edited:

Consolidate regulatory power and those who seek to buy off the regulators know exactly where to go.

Talk about someone who couldn't understand a inceptor the concept any less.

What do you do for a living? Does it have ANYTHING to do with the web, internet or technology? Because maybe that's the problem. Maybe you just don't understand the basics and we need to start from scratch with you.

Consolidate regulatory power and those who seek to buy off the regulators know exactly where to go.

What do you do for a living? Does it have ANYTHING to do with the web, internet or technology? Because maybe that's the problem. Maybe you just don't understand the basics and we need to start from scratch with you.
Right....Massive central regulation will work this time, for no better reason than because it's involved with information technology.

I don't know how much more naïve anyone could get.

You're independent?? LOL. That's f*cking classic.
That's right, shit for brains. I became a registered independent after the last Presidential election.

Yes Virginia, there really are conservative independents.

Right....Massive central regulation will work this time, for no better reason than because it's involved with information technology.

I don't know how much more naïve anyone could get.

That's where your blind hatred of anything government is failing you. There is no MASSIVE regulation. It's actually quite simple in what it sets out to do. You're a tired old, past-his-prime geezer who obviously doesn't understand technology. Much like your ideas, you're outdated and are obviously having trouble keeping up with the times. It's quite evident through your desires to live in a world that resembles the 18th century. Once the backwards thinking of your generation dies off maybe our country can actually solve some of its problems (ok, that part may always be a pipe dream).

Forum List

Back