So much for "green tech"...

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.

This is rather recent so I hope it qualifies as breaking news.
Now, remember how the Left in their insane desire to "save the planet" touts electric vehicles 24/7? Well, so much for that. My own transit agency (NFTA) had to ground (pun intended) all ten of the Xcelsior XE40s until further notice. Rochester (RGRTA) recently did the same, and they stated they will NEVER get BEBs again.

Now, remember how the Left in their insane desire to "save the planet" touts electric vehicles 24/7? Well, so much for that. My own transit agency (NFTA) had to ground (pun intended) all ten of the Xcelsior XE40s until further notice. Rochester (RGRTA) recently did the same, and they stated they will NEVER get BEBs again.

Okay but they aren't going to stop because a few buses got water in their battery compartments. Seems like an easy enough solution--put a hole in the bottom so it drains out.

Okay but they aren't going to stop because a few buses got water in their battery compartments. Seems like an easy enough solution--put a hole in the bottom so it drains out.
A "few buses" you say? Rochester is not purchasing BEBs anymore, and it would not surprise me that other transit agencies plagued with these lemons follow suit. Don't forget this affects more than "a few buses".

Plus it isn't water, it is a toxic and flammable fluid leak. One of NFTA's buses caught fire because of it at the NFI plant before being delivered.

Plus it isn't water, it is a toxic and flammable fluid leak. One of NFTA's buses caught fire because of it at the NFI plant before being delivered.

Neither your link nor the recall notice indicate that. It just says a liquid may cause an electrical short

A "few buses" you say? Rochester is not purchasing BEBs anymore, and it would not surprise me that other transit agencies plagued with these lemons follow suit. Don't forget this affects more than "a few buses".

The recall notice indicates that 219 vehicles are subject to the recall.

In transit circles, those numbers are substantial.
a fixable problem in three tenths of one percent of all US buses will surely end green energy once and for all. kill it dead, I tell you. Put the final nail in its coffin. Kaput. #RIPGreenTech

a fixable problem in three tenths of one percent of all US buses will surely end green energy once and for all. kill it dead, I tell you. Put the final nail in its coffin. Kaput. #RIPGreenTech

Electric busses are failures in every respect.

Republicans think they are time reversing wizards :cuckoo:

No, what kills electric busses is you have to have THREE of them to do the job that ONE diesel powered bus can do.

DURRRRRR

I consider myself an environmentalist-realist. A lot of the shit that is touted as 'green' simply isn't.

Take recycling, for example. I stopped doing it because only 5% - if that much - gets recycled, and the types of things that are recycled are limited. So I blatantly and willfully ignore my apartment complex's stupid rules on recycling and laugh as I throw plastic into the "trash" bin.

EVs are the latest environmental fad. I won't be getting an EV anytime soon and I would consider mass transit authority investment into EV fleets to be a colossal waste of taxpayer resources. Hybrids? I'm all for that, but the rush into EVs is just a massive Ponzi that's getting ground-level investors rich at our expense.

Wanna save the planet? Consume less and advocate for real technologies of the future like hydrogen or nuclear fusion, and pray to God that we can develop and scale them by the year 2030.

Forum List

Back