So lets get this straight

Lefty Wilbury said:
its the vetting process that congress put in place

Just now? There was supposedly a secret vetting process that the deal went through before the firestorm erupted.

rtwngAvngr said:
Does that matter?

yeah it does. it shows that its all political motivated. if they were all so concerned about this law would have been passed 5 years ago but it wasn't

Lefty Wilbury said:
yeah it does. it shows that its all political motivated. if they were all so concerned about this law would have been passed 5 years ago but it wasn't

Better late than never.

rtwngAvngr said:
Just now? There was supposedly a secret vetting process that the deal went through before the firestorm erupted.

no. its the same vetting progess thats been in place for years. the same one that the british company went through when they bought the rights to the terminals a few years ago

Mr. P said:
I don't understand your question really, but as to the bold part...they don't own, they just lease the terminal space. Same for all US airlines for the most part.

same with the port terminals which is my point. :

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5228775

Q: Will the transfer of ownership change who is working at these six ports?

The dock workers will remain the same, and there will be very little change in management, DHS officials said at a briefing this week. In the vast majority of U.S. ports, the workers operating the cargo cranes and in management are Americans.

"In reality, it's just an economic transaction," said Rob Quartel, chairman and CEO of Freightdesk Technologies and a former U.S. federal maritime commissioner. Dubai Ports is buying control of a company that has contracts to manage certain port terminals, said Quartel. "When all is said and done, it's going to be the same people running the [terminals] day to day, the same managers managing it. The managers' managers will report to a different board, but it's the same people."

Lefty Wilbury said:
same with the port terminals which is my point. :

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5228775

Q: Will the transfer of ownership change who is working at these six ports?

The dock workers will remain the same, and there will be very little change in management, DHS officials said at a briefing this week. In the vast majority of U.S. ports, the workers operating the cargo cranes and in management are Americans.

"In reality, it's just an economic transaction," said Rob Quartel, chairman and CEO of Freightdesk Technologies and a former U.S. federal maritime commissioner. Dubai Ports is buying control of a company that has contracts to manage certain port terminals, said Quartel. "When all is said and done, it's going to be the same people running the [terminals] day to day, the same managers managing it. The managers' managers will report to a different board, but it's the same people."

In reality. The parent company will have more influence than anyone is admitting to. Have your read the info about UAE connections to terror and ongoing policies against israel and support for hamas? Get educated.

Kathianne said:
I agree, Dubai brought it onto the radar of us regular folk. Congress does have the power to make laws regarding security. Now that it's been recorded, do we stop with Dubai? I hope not.

unless you nationalize all the airline travel,ports, companies etc etc this subject can be brought up almost daily with almost any company.

Lefty Wilbury said:
unless you nationalize all the airline travel,ports, companies etc etc this subject can be brought up almost daily with almost any company.

Nationalization isn't necessary. We could just limit it to non terrorist supporting nations.

rtwngAvngr said:
In reality. The parent company will have more influence than anyone is admitting to. Have your read the info about UAE connections to terror and ongoing policies against israel and support for hamas? Get educated.

right :rolleyes: yet i'm sure your filling up with saudi oil and probaly buying things from comapines who's major share holders are saudi but since we are talking uae here after all i'm guess you'll be starting a boycott of DaimlerChrysler and holiday inn. i mean after all dubai based and owned companies are the third largest share holder in DaimlerChrysler

Lefty Wilbury said:
right :rolleyes: yet i'm sure your filling up with saudi oil and probaly buying things from comapines who's major share holders are saudi but since we are talking uae here after all i'm guess you'll be starting a boycott of DaimlerChrysler and holiday inn. i mean after all dubai based and owned companies are the third largest share holder in DaimlerChrysler

Goods are different than security sensitive operational tasks. WHy do I have to say the most basic things? Why are you so for this deal?

Lefty Wilbury said:
That's what should be done. Also nuclear plants, water treatment plants, armaments and related. Anything else that falls within 'security concerns.'

rtwngAvngr said:
Goods are different than security sensitive operational tasks. WHy do I have to say the most basic things? Why are you so for this deal?

so its ok that they make their money buy selling things to finance their terror operations. that makes sense. why am i for this? because i actually look at things rationally and relized nothing is going to change at these ports and the people throwing fits over this aren't really looking at the reality of things. nothing is going to change at the ports. nothing. nada. zilch. zip. its not going to be hey we run this one terminal at this one port so now we can smuggle in all these wmd. its not going to happen. it would be easier to fedex the shit then send it in a container ship

Kathianne said:
That's what should be done. Also nuclear plants, water treatment plants, armaments and related. Anything else that falls within 'security concerns.'

so basically become france, china or the soviet union is what yor saying.

Lefty Wilbury said:
so its ok that they make their money buy selling things to finance their terror operations. that makes sense. why am i for this? because i actually look at things rationally and relized nothing is going to change at these ports and the people throwing fits over this aren't really looking at the reality of things. nothing is going to change at the ports. nothing. nada. zilch. zip. its not going to be hey we run this one terminal at this one port so now we can smuggle in all these wmd. its not going to happen. it would be easier to fedex the shit then send it in a container ship

Once again. I do not buy the line that the owning corporation cannot breach security with it's knowledge of procedures, if it so desires.

Lefty Wilbury said:
so basically become france, china or the soviet union is what yor saying.
For our national security sites, yes. For Holiday Inn, no.

Kathianne said:
For our national security sites, yes. For Holiday Inn, no.

so you would be ok for the government to take over companies like lockheed martin and raytheon since after all they fall under umbrella of national security.

Lefty Wilbury said:
so you would be ok for the government to take over companies like lockheed martin and raytheon since after all they fall under umbrella of national security.
Not the government, but at least 50.1% US ownership, so the company is 'American.' All workers at 'secure' areas should be too. I've made this very clear, haven't you been reading?

Kathianne said:
Not the government, but at least 50.1% US ownership, so the company is 'American.' All workers at 'secure' areas should be too. I've made this very clear, haven't you been reading?

your a few decades too late to even try to do that.

Lefty Wilbury said:
your a few decades too late to even try to do that.
Not if Congress is activated, which it may or may not be. I KNOW it doesn't WANT to be.

Forum List

Back