So Kyle Larson has been fired for using the N word

I have had it with the ridiculous "Racist" double standard that is gripping this country. IMO there is no reason that Kyle Larson should have had his career destroyed because he muttered the N word at nobody playing a video game. Have we gone insane? How many stupid Racist attacks on White people has Al Sharpton made in the last 50 years? Not only was he not fired he has been rewarded with multi-millions for his inflammatory hateful Racist rhetoric.

If you are going to apply such a high PC bar for Kyle Larson, then apply it to everyone. The better alternative is to not be so reactive to simple statements and to forgive indiscretions. It is almost as if we are living in a police state ruled by politically correct tyrants. IMO this is not America. Kyle Larson should be reinstated.

McDonalds et al applied the standard. It's the market at work.

I have had it with the ridiculous "Racist" double standard that is gripping this country. IMO there is no reason that Kyle Larson should have had his career destroyed because he muttered the N word at nobody playing a video game. Have we gone insane? How many stupid Racist attacks on White people has Al Sharpton made in the last 50 years? Not only was he not fired he has been rewarded with multi-millions for his inflammatory hateful Racist rhetoric.

If you are going to apply such a high PC bar for Kyle Larson, then apply it to everyone. The better alternative is to not be so reactive to simple statements and to forgive indiscretions. It is almost as if we are living in a police state ruled by politically correct tyrants. IMO this is not America. Kyle Larson should be reinstated.

I accidentally said the N word to a white guy at a poker table when a black guy was playing. I didn't say it to the black guy. Black guys say it to each other all the time. I didn't mean to say it in front of him. I apologized.

And it's not like I say it ever. I only say it maybe when I'm drunk at a poker game and I lose a big hand. Or win a big hand. Then I'm rubbing the win in the guys face when I say it.

So just like with blacks, the N word can mean many different things. My nigga is different than you ****** and it depends on who you say it to.

I accidentally said the N word to a white guy at a poker table when a black guy was playing. I didn't say it to the black guy. Black guys say it to each other all the time. I didn't mean to say it in front of him. I apologized.

And it's not like I say it ever. I only say it maybe when I'm drunk at a poker game and I lose a big hand. Or win a big hand. Then I'm rubbing the win in the guys face when I say it.

So just like with blacks, the N word can mean many different things. My nigga is different than you ****** and it depends on who you say it to.
I understand the difference, but the point is whether you end the N word with an A or ER, it is wrong to destroy a person's career over it. That is not what we are about.

Of course, the problem with your position is that Larson was fired by a business entity. Chip Ganassi Racing had every right to sever ties with him, and to do so with zero regard for the fact that others use the same word, or that Al Sharpton is rewarded for his racism. Saying that Chip Ganassi Racing should apply anything to everyone is silly. It's not their place to do, or not do, that.

Chip Ganassi Racing is a business entity and decisions must be made with the best interests of that business in mind, and they have no responsibility to apply anything equally. They decided they didn't want their representative to be someone who would throw out such a word so matter-of-factly. If you or I don't like it, well, it's utterly meaningless.

Don't like it? Start your own racing team, hire some dipshit as a driver and let him run off at the mouth. As team owner you can then dismiss anything and everything your employee says or does.

CGR is the sole arbiter here, and their decision must be respected...

It would be prudent to remember- throwing stones in glass houses isn't a good decision.

No it's not. It's Political Correctness Police State at work.

For those who refuse to acknowledge a link

1586958138472.png

No it's not. It's Political Correctness Police State at work.

For those who refuse to acknowledge a link

View attachment 323737

Ain't nobody coming for Kyle Larson. That's over-the-top-crazy. You want to equate a government rounding up the jews and gypsies with a sponsor withdrawing financial support for a race car? Or do you think McDonald's and other sponsors should be forced to continue paying to put a car on the track with Larson in it?

Of course, the problem with your position is that Larson was fired by a business entity. Chip Ganassi Racing had every right to sever ties with him, and to do so with zero regard for the fact that others use the same word, or that Al Sharpton is rewarded for his racism. Saying that Chip Ganassi Racing should apply anything to everyone is silly. It's not their place to do, or not do, that.

Chip Ganassi Racing is a business entity and decisions must be made with the best interests of that business in mind, and they have no responsibility to apply anything equally. They decided they didn't want their representative to be someone who would throw out such a word so matter-of-factly. If you or I don't like it, well, it's utterly meaningless.

Don't like it? Start your own racing team, hire some dipshit as a driver and let him run off at the mouth. As team owner you can then dismiss anything and everything your employee says or does.

CGR is the sole arbiter here, and their decision must be respected...

Cop out. They might have the right to do with they did, that does not make it right.

They should be called out on their bad behavior and held up to public ridicule.

THe way that we are so quick to destroy people, over nothing, is a sign of a sick culture.

Cop out. They might have the right to do with they did, that does not make it right.

THe way that we are so quick to destroy people, over nothing, is a sign of a sick culture.

How the fuck is it a cop out??

The only bad behavior here was on the part of Kyle Larson, not Chip Ganassi Racing; not even a little bit. They made a decision based on whether or not they wanted their business to be associated with someone who would conduct himself as Larson did.

They decided they did not.

I fail to see the cop out in any of that. All I see is a business decision...

The only bad behavior here was on the part of Kyle Larson, not Chip Ganassi Racing; not even a little bit. They made a decision based on whether or not they wanted their business to be associated with someone who would conduct himself as Larson did.

He cost his employer millions of dollars in sponsorships. It doesn't matter how he did it - that's a firing offense.

1. It is a cop out to comment on the right of the company to take the action, when no one is talking about using force to stop them from doing it, but instead judging their action.

2. They threw a man to the wolves, to pander to bullies and assholes. THat is wrong of them.

1. It is a cop out to comment on the right of the company to take the action, when no one is talking about using force to stop them from doing it, but instead judging their action.

The only opinion of their action which matters is their own. They don't have to satisfy anyone else...

2. They threw a man to the wolves, to pander to bullies and assholes. THat is wrong of them.

How did they throw hm to the wolves? He did something which, let's face it, probably wasn't the brightest fuckin' thing to do, and they held him accountable for it. Odds are that fewer people will be upset about them firing him than would be about them keeping him on, so he gets to walk.

That's it.

What do you think they should've done? Should they have spoken out in favor of him to say say "N*GG*" while he's representing them?

It is not the free market, it is PC run amok.

The only opinion of their action which matters is their own. They don't have to satisfy anyone else...

How did they throw hm to the wolves? He did something which, let's face it, probably wasn't the brightest fuckin' thing to do, and they held him accountable for it. Odds are that fewer people will be upset about them firing him than would be about them keeping him on, so he gets to walk.

That's it.

What do you think they should've done? Should they have spoken out in favor of him to say say "N*GG*" while he's representing them?

1. No society, hell, no group of humans have ever operated that way. ALL humans judge the behavior of other humans. YOu are denying this obvious truth, because you know that behavior is indefensible, and yet, you like it.

2. They fired him for no reason.

3. They should have said, that was rude, and yet, not important. If he makes a habit of it, come ask us again.

Forum List

Back