So Kyle Larson has been fired for using the N word

Yep...lets apply this equally if we're going to go this route.
Call someone a honky? You're fired.
Does anyone care if they are called a honky? It's kind of on the level of being called a poopy-head.

I dont give a shit but it's a racial slur nonetheless.
No one else gives a shit over the use of the word "honky", racial slur or not.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a racial slur.
Just like affirmative action is racist.
A slur that does not offend is not much of a slur. That being said, one of the main reasons many (no all) blacks are offended by the N-word is that it gives them power.

Whites dont get mad about being called a honky because the word holds no weight.
Being called a coward is far more insulting.
Exactly! If it were not for George Jefferson, I don't even know if "honky" would be part of our lexicon.

1. No, I think they fired him because they fear the sjw mob.

They fired him because he was proving to be a liability to the team. This was evidenced by the fact that the teams sponsors were bailing. No sponsors, no money. No money, no race team. No race team, no job.

See how that works?

2. Pointing out a lack of fairness is not ignorant or stupid. So, what is your real reason for supporting unfair behavior? Oh, right, they have the right to do it. Which no one is denying...

It's not a lack of fairness.

They not only had the right to fire him, they had the responsibility to fire him...

3. I'm not going to condemn a guy, for lying to try to salvage his career, from an unfair sjw driven mob action.

We've already established that you admire liars...

4. He said a bad word in the wrong setting. That was careless. The reaction from society is the real problem here. And he is the victim of that.

No, he's a victim of his own stupidity.

There is no "problem" for anyone but Larson. He fucked up and he's being held accountable for it. That's what happens when you're an adult.

Perhaps you haven't gotten to that point yet...

5. He wants to come back to the field, if not that exact slot. Obviously. So your point that his punishment was over, and thus not a motive for lying is obviously not true.

His punishment was being fired. They can't continue to fire him...

6 My arguments rarely rest on what I think, but on the strength of my reasoning. So you stating that no one cares what I think, is moot.

What the fuck does that even mean? How fucking stupid.

When you "reason", you "think". So, by your own admission, your arguments are without reason.

Of course, we already knew that...

1. No, I think they fired him because they fear the sjw mob.

They fired him because he was proving to be a liability to the team. This was evidenced by the fact that the teams sponsors were bailing. No sponsors, no money. No money, no race team. No race team, no job.

See how that works?

I do. I see that what you wrote does not contradict what I wrote, which makes your anger very odd.

2. Pointing out a lack of fairness is not ignorant or stupid. So, what is your real reason for supporting unfair behavior? Oh, right, they have the right to do it. Which no one is denying...

It's not a lack of fairness.

They not only had the right to fire him, they had the responsibility to fire him...

If they had said that they regretted losing the sponsor, but felt that their driver was a good man who made a small mistake, and that they trust the fans will stay with them, the fans would, imo, have liked that, and new sponsors could be found.

3. I'm not going to condemn a guy, for lying to try to salvage his career, from an unfair sjw driven mob action.

We've already established that you admire liars...

Not condemning, is not the same as admiration. Some people who "lie" I might admire. THis guy is a victim. I sympathize with him not admire him.

4. He said a bad word in the wrong setting. That was careless. The reaction from society is the real problem here. And he is the victim of that.

No, he's a victim of his own stupidity.

There is no "problem" for anyone but Larson. He fucked up and he's being held accountable for it. That's what happens when you're an adult.

Perhaps you haven't gotten to that point yet...

A minor slip, is not worthy of this level of "accounting".

5. He wants to come back to the field, if not that exact slot. Obviously. So your point that his punishment was over, and thus not a motive for lying is obviously not true.

His punishment was being fired. They can't continue to fire him...

He wants to drive. Not being able to, is a punishment.

6 My arguments rarely rest on what I think, but on the strength of my reasoning. So you stating that no one cares what I think, is moot.

What the fuck does that even mean? How fucking stupid.

When you "reason", you "think". So, by your own admission, your arguments are without reason.

Of course, we already knew that...

makes complete sense.

Forum List

Back