So I Went to the Market This Morning

and couldn't use my debit card. the woman at the store thought i locked myself out of the system by mis-inputting my pin.

but i didn't think so....

so when i got into the car and headed for work, i called my bank.... after being repeatedly told my debit car number would not let me into the system, and about 10 minutes of waiting for a customer service rep, it turned out that someone had used my debit card number to buy thousands of dollars worth of furniture.

but i didn't buy any furniture and if i had, it would have been purchased with my credit card so it had the extra coverage.

heck of a way to start the day. :woohoo:

Ouch, that bites! Had you ever used your debit card on-line...?

on-line always gets the blame when many times your passwords are gotten from other places.

any place you use your card where you give it to somebody to purchase anything.,..if they get the code on the back (3 - 4 digit security) ...that along with the receipt has all they need to use your card online

i figure someone double scanned it when i used it because i don't buy anything online or by phone with my debit card.

on-line always gets the blame when many times your passwords are gotten from other places.

any place you use your card where you give it to somebody to purchase anything.,..if they get the code on the back (3 - 4 digit security) ...that along with the receipt has all they need to use your card online

i figure someone double scanned it when i used it because i don't buy anything online or by phone with my debit card.

they don't need to double scan anything. If I am at a register and you personally give me your card to run...I can get the security code off the back and with the info I get from your card....

I reported a suspicious worker when I worked at a place where I would fill in at register when waiting to go out on jobs. People can really suck

they don't need to double scan anything. If I am at a register and you personally give me your card to run...I can get the security code off the back and with the info I get from your card....

I reported a suspicious worker when I worked at a place where I would fill in at register when waiting to go out on jobs. People can really suck

prolly true.

i've noticed that about people.

Something like this happened to me. My bank called me and told me what was up. They made it all right that day.

Navy Federal Credit Union rules!

and couldn't use my debit card. the woman at the store thought i locked myself out of the system by mis-inputting my pin.

but i didn't think so....

so when i got into the car and headed for work, i called my bank.... after being repeatedly told my debit car number would not let me into the system, and about 10 minutes of waiting for a customer service rep, it turned out that someone had used my debit card number to buy thousands of dollars worth of furniture.

but i didn't buy any furniture and if i had, it would have been purchased with my credit card so it had the extra coverage.

heck of a way to start the day. :woohoo:

Sounds like you've got sloppy security. Do you have a variation or duplicate of the following procedure?

Whenever I buy something online (even Amazon), when you finalise the payment after entering the 3 digit number from the back of your card, the site you're purchasing from directs you to your online banking page. There you're asked to enter three of the requested letters/numbers from your pre-arranged 11 character password. Only after you've correctly entered the requested characters will the bank authorise the payment. I'm fairly sure that that security protocol is the norm across Europe, as opposed to just Britain.

Forum List

Back