So How Does a Governor Get the Power to Suspend the Bill of Rights?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I am just amazed at all the presumption by blue state governors. Like how does Michigan ban planting seeds? How does that affect the spread of COVID19? How is this anything other than a goobernator power tripping?

And look at California's goobernor Gavin declaring that the state wont comer out of lock down until their is a vaccine for COVID19? When have we ever had a successful vaccine for a coronavirus?

Newsom: California ‘Not Going Back to Normal’ Until We Have a Vaccine

Emergency powers are not a blank check to overthrow the US Constitution, broskis.

They don't have that power....But they have control over the uniformed goon squads we colloquially refer to as "police", whom they'll send to wave guns in our faces for rufusal to submit and supplicate...That cocksucker judge in Texas proves this.

So We the Proles are left with "sue us if you don't like it."

Soon as they put restrictions on the second amendment we could do anything they wanted

They don't have that power....But they have control over the uniformed goon squads we colloquially refer to as "police", whom they'll send to wave guns in our faces for rufusal to submit and supplicate...That cocksucker judge in Texas proves this.

So We the Proles are left with "sue us if you don't like it."
However most lack the funds because they are force to sit home, thus losing employment or business.

Where does the fed gov't get it's presumed authority?

I mean, really! I've asked several times to have it pointed out to me and not one person has stepped forward.
SpoonerQuote.jpg

I am just amazed at all the presumption by blue state governors. Like how does Michigan ban planting seeds? How does that affect the spread of COVID19? How is this anything other than a goobernator power tripping?

And look at California's goobernor Gavin declaring that the state wont comer out of lock down until their is a vaccine for COVID19? When have we ever had a successful vaccine for a coronavirus?

Emergency powers are not a blank check to overthrow the US Constitution, broskis.
It’s pretty scary but I think most Emergency powers are pretty vague. But also can specifically say they have the right to forcibly quarantine, test, and vaccinate citizens.

Here are the powers of emergency declaration for Arizona.

What powers a governor or the president has during a declared emergency is kind of spooky and possibly dangerous thing.

Read the 1976 law: National Emergencies Act which has similar laws in each state for the cases of declared emergency.
I read the write up in Wikipedia. Didn't make me feel any better about presidential emergency powers. Not actually comfoatable with a Governor's emergency powers, having seen up close.

TBH I suspect most governors have exceeded their authority by quarantining the population as a whole instead of those who are sick or reasonable suspected to be sick. A fraction of one percent of my city has had the virus, yet we must all suffer.....well not me because I am essential and pretty much do whatever I want anyway, but still.

Except of course that is not what Newsom said.

Newsom announced the move from State 1 to State 2- and didn't say anything about the state staying in lockdown until there is a vaccine. Once again Jimmie is lying.

1588819470484.png

All the more reason we need to add voice to the Constitution where it is currently silent. We need to schedule constitutional conventions every 50-75 years.

Except of course that is not what Newsom said.

Newsom announced the move from State 1 to State 2- and didn't say anything about the state staying in lockdown until there is a vaccine. Once again Jimmie is lying.

View attachment 332999

Apparently lying about both his claims. He never came up with a link for Michigan "banning planting" either.

Gotta wonder what kind of bizarro echo chamber some of these wags get their rumors from.

Hitler took the easy way out.
America's Little Hitlers need to go out the way Mussolini did.
So much good can be done with just a few feet of piano wire!
I can't believe you are suggesting such a thing for your Dear Leader....

Forum List

Back