Small Nightclubs

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
What is the greatest concert you have seen in a small nightclub?

The best one I saw was Greg Kihn at the then called nightclub, the Keystone on California Ave., in Palo Alto, CA. It was later called the Edge, followed by Club Illusions.

Club Illusions - CLOSED - Palo Alto, CA, United States

I only saw one live band at Club Illusions besides their fantastic dance parties.

The only reason I feel the Greg Kihn performance was better than when I saw Loverboy at the pizza restaurant, Fargo's in the once great Old Mill mall in Mountain View, CA, is because when I saw Greg Kihn, I was able to drift right around and even to the side and behind the stage most of the time. LOL :alcoholic:

Last edited:
Never mind

When I saw 'small nightclubs', I was thinking more along this line.

th

Primus at Washington Square on Miami Beach stands out for me, but there are so many.

Toad's Place in New Haven used to have some awesome musicians play. I had the pleasure of watching John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola, Paco de Lucia, Steve Morse, John Paul Jones, Steve Morse, North Mississippi All Stars, Robin Trower, John Entwistle, and others within about 20 feet. I remember feeling the wind from the Leslie speaker (it rotates to produce a unique modulation effect) from the B3 at the Stever Morse show. The Blue Note in Manhattan is even more intimate. Saw the Chick Corea Band there featuring Frank Gambale and Victor Wooten. Also saw Frank Gambale at an even smaller venue, The Baked Potato in Los Angeles.

Crosby Stills Nash and Young at The Mountain House Restaurant in Woodside Calif.

Forum List

Back