Smacked a deer this morning

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was going to town about 5:15 this morning. All I saw was a flash as he ran across the front of me from the left. By the time I hit the brakes and swerved a little to the left, I clipped him on the ass-end with my right front side. He was a big one and had a decent-sized rack on him, but I didn't count the points because he kept running.

I didn't stop, but continued on a couple miles to town to assess the damage. It didn't do any mechanical damage or knock the steering out of alignment. Just some front fender and body work, and the right-front headlight housing shattered into a thousand pieces. The insurance will cover it.

F*ckin' Bambis

deer0.jpg

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

deer3.jpg

deer4.jpg

deer5.jpg

deer6.jpg

Indeependent

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was going to town about 5:15 this morning. All I saw was a flash as he ran across the front of me from the left. By the time I hit the brakes and swerved a little to the left, I clipped him on the ass-end with my right front side. He was a big one and had a decent-sized rack on him, but I didn't count the points because he kept running.

I didn't stop, but continued on a couple miles to town to assess the damage. It didn't do any mechanical damage or knock the steering out of alignment. Just some front fender and body work, and the right-front headlight housing shattered into a thousand pieces. The insurance will cover it.

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
Oh deer!

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
Remember this - THEY were here LONG before human beings invaded THEIR land. It is RIGHTLY just as much, if not MORE, their land, than ours. PLEASE show some compassion for one of God's beautiful creations. Thank you.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
Oh deer!
Some MUCH needed levity to this AWFUL thread. :thankusmile:

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow, are you physically ok? Especially if a moose or deer is very large, you are fortunate to not hit it dead on. Check out this, in the year 2000, 200 people died from hitting deer.

Next time you want to smack a deer, try this guys approach in dealing with the wild life:
crazykangaroo.gif

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
Remember this - THEY were here LONG before human beings invaded THEIR land. It is RIGHTLY just as much, if not MORE, their land, than ours. PLEASE show some compassion for one of God's beautiful creations. Thank you.
You're talking to a bunch of neanderthals who live for the JOY of killing.

OP
JGalt

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
what? you did not stop and hunt down the deer to put it out of its misery? damn. and i thought you superalpha american gunslingers would be more considerate.
Wandering around on the side of the highway at 5:15 in the morning, when it's dark?

No, I'm not suicidal. I was carrying my G19 but the law won't allow you to put a deer out of it's misery, if you hit one. They'll ticket the hell out of you for that.

Cellblock2429

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
/——/ Folks in upstate NY have these high pitched whistles attached to their bumpers to warn/scare the deer. I don’t know how well they work. Good thing the deer didn’t smash through your windshield.

Last edited:
OP
JGalt

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
Ok. I'll compassionately kill and eat a couple of the bastards as soon as gun season opens.

:auiqs.jpg:

playtime

Diamond Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
/——/ Folks in update NY have these high pitched whistles attached to their bumpers to warn/scare the deer. I don’t know how well they work. Good thing the deer didn’t smash through your windshield.
we have those on our cars - had 'em for years.... don't know if they work or not, but we have never hit a deer & we live in a pretty rural area.

OP
JGalt

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
/——/ Folks in update NY have these high pitched whistles attached to their bumpers to warn/scare the deer. I don’t know how well they work. Good thing the deer didn’t smash through your windshield.
Alligator ally, at the South end of Florida in the Everglades rarely ever has animal strikes....deer OR alligator.

They put fences on both sides, but provided protected crossings for animals under the highway.

I guess Florida Man is smarter than most of the idiots elsewhere.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score

F*ckin' Bambis

View attachment 408210

View attachment 408211

View attachment 408212

View attachment 408213

View attachment 408214

View attachment 408215

View attachment 408216
Ok. I'll compassionately kill and eat a couple of the bastards as soon as gun season opens.

:auiqs.jpg:
You are unfeeling and guilty of lacking ANY compassion for animals. You are NOW non-existent to me on these threads. Congratulations, asshole.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List