Since allergies are psychological, I don't understand why people with allergies choose to live with them, rather than getting psychotherapy...

Cla234

Sep 15, 2022
It's possible to induce allergic reactions and antibody production against an allergen via Pavlovian Conditioning. The insular cortex is believed to be involved, since lesioning to the insular cortex, but not the hippocampus attenuates the conditioned immune response. What this proves is the brain and the immune system talk to each other. I think allergies are physiological (nocebo) manifestations of phobias. A person gets a phobia of something, be it conscious or subconscious. Then, their brain tells their immune system to produce antibodies against that substance, and they become allergic. I've read articles on hypnosis preventing a peanut allergy from showing up on a skin prick test. I think many people secretly enjoy having allergies. A few weeks ago I read about someone going into anaphylaxis and they said even though they were suffocating it felt really peaceful. Sounds like they were enjoying it to me.

It's possible to induce allergic reactions and antibody production against an allergen via Pavlovian Conditioning. The insular cortex is believed to be involved, since lesioning to the insular cortex, but not the hippocampus attenuates the conditioned immune response. What this proves is the brain and the immune system talk to each other. I think allergies are physiological (nocebo) manifestations of phobias. A person gets a phobia of something, be it conscious or subconscious. Then, their brain tells their immune system to produce antibodies against that substance, and they become allergic. I've read articles on hypnosis preventing a peanut allergy from showing up on a skin prick test. I think many people secretly enjoy having allergies. A few weeks ago I read about someone going into anaphylaxis and they said even though they were suffocating it felt really peaceful. Sounds like they were enjoying it to me.

Whatever you say, Rook.

Since allergies are psychological, I don't understand why people with allergies choose to live with them, rather than getting psychotherapy...

Because the medical profession convinces the patients that a physical response is due to a physical cause, and therefore prescribes more medicines......AKA profits for the medical & pharma.

Same can be said for many other physical ailments that can be attributed to mentality. Prolonged stress,, depression, etc can decrease the immune systems ability to keep us healthy.

Psychotherapy......................
:rolleyes:

Perhaps you didn't read my post, or don't understand it. The brain tells the immune system to produce antibodies against an allergen. Once these antibodies are made, they are attached to mast cells where they cause a release of histamine if the allergen binds to the antibodies on the cell surfaces.

So I guess babies and young children can't have allergies.
How can their "pavlovian" problems affect their peanut but not pistachio/cashew reactions?
`

Forum List

Back