Silent Majority Is Real And Will Elect Trump

There probably aren't many shy Trump voters. FFS, they're the most in-your-face voters out there!

But there have been studies on this, and there is very little evidence that they exist, at least en masse.

For example, a few studies have looked at online polls and phone polls. The theory is that if Trump supporters are shy to tell people they are voting for Trump, then you'd see the discrepancy with online polls, since online polls are anonymous and you don't talk to human beings. But there are none, at least not statistically.

What appears to have happened in 2016 is that pollsters under-sampled non-college educated voters and over-sampled college-educated voters. What pollsters found was that non-college educated voters were less likely to respond to surveys. That's different than saying one thing then doing the other, which is the premise of the shy Trump voter theory. Most - but not all - pollsters have corrected for this.

Also note that the state polls have become better. And there are more of them than the last election, not just the number of polls but the number of polling firms. Here is Wisconsin in 2016 and 2020 today.

Up to the end of September 2016, there had only been 20 polls taken by a handful of polling firms in Wisconsin. This year, there have been 45 polls thus far taken by more than double the number of firms.

where I live-----I would not consider posting an announcement in favor of Trump or wearing a
MAGA hat------well---actually I do not leave my tiny
apartment ..........

Paranoid? The average Trump supporter is convinced there is a commie behind every bush wanting to kill them.
and the average trump hater is convinced that every trump supporter behind every bush is wanting to kill them.....they think so much alike.....

No. I don't think crazy Trump supporters specifically want to kill me, but they don't mind if people die if it helps their party.
like the crazy liberals out there are any different...

Forum List

Back