Siavosh Khanjani: In Iran, Baha’is are deemed unfit to attend university, hold public sector jobs,

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I would imagine that those crazy Iranian leaders would never think that loads of people believe that they are unfit to rule a country.

Siavosh Khanjani: In Iran, Baha’is are deemed unfit to attend university, hold public sector jobs, or teach

Republish Reprint

National Post | July 16, 2015 6:37 PM ET
More from National Post

protest2.jpg

TIZIANA FABI/AFP/Getty ImagesBaha'i leadership remains imprisoned in Iran.

I own and operate a business in Toronto. Since coming to Canada, I have been welcomed by other Canadians, and feel very much a Canadian now, too. I work hard and contribute as best I can to the well-being, prosperity and peace of a country that has given me a genuine home. Yet, after many years, I still love Iran and long to return some day, if only to visit but perhaps also with a dream of contributing to the mutual interests of my two homes, Iran and Canada. Both would benefit if there was greater communication, travel and more economic partnerships between the two.

Sadly, that day seems still very far off.

Imprisonment of journalists, reformers, members of minorities, students and activists continues. Several close relatives of mine in Iran are currently in prison and others face daily persecution. They are members of the Baha’i minority, Iran’s largest non-Muslim religion. They are like so many in Iran enduring human rights violations that have worsened since the election of President Rouhani, not improved.

Continue reading at:

Siavosh Khanjani In Iran Baha is are deemed unfit to attend university hold public sector jobs or teach National Post?

Forum List

Back