Should we just abandon the idea of freedom?

It kind of seems to me that we are just abandoning freedom in this country. I think if that is what we are going to do we might as well just declare a dicatorship right now. Who shall be our king?
People in a country never say they want a dictator. They just want someone that will get things done, that won't be stopped by laws, wrong minded judges, and an inept, corrupt legislature. They want to eliminate waste and corruption in government, get rid of the bad elements in the country and keep them out, force other nations to yield to our requests, and make the country great again.

Last edited:
It kind of seems to me that we are just abandoning freedom in this country. I think if that is what we are going to do we might as well just declare a dicatorship right now. Who shall be our king?
1. seek psychological help!
2. move to China or North Korea, then I dare you to ask that question again....

God has nothing to do with it.

And that's when I stopped reading your post.
Typical of most on the right – closed-minded, hostile to new ideas, intolerant of dissenting opinions and points of view.

And it's true: 'god' has nothing to do with freedom, particularly given the fact that religion is often at odds with the freedom of non-adherents.

And God was where at Bergan-Belsan and Auschwitz? Your God either doesn't give a damn, or has one lousy sense of humor.

And for the record, where were YOU at those extermination camps?

For those who lived through that hell, God saw that they were liberated. For those who died, they were still liberated, and now are joyfully in God's bosom. It was God's will that the Nazis were destroyed for exterminating the Jews.

Dead or alive, God freed them. Where was he? He was right where he needed to be.

Last edited:
Freedom isn't an "idea"

So, first, let's abandon the notion that it's an "idea."

Freedom is something God imbued us with the moment we were born. Freedom is God given. No human being on Earth in all of history is responsible for this concept (except for Jesus Christ). Freedom wasn't something invented by mankind. It's been there all along.

How did Jesus Christ embody the concept of freedom?

Freedom isn't an "idea"

Freedom is something God imbued us with the moment we were born. Freedom is God given. No human being on Earth in all of history is responsible for this concept (except for Jesus Christ). Freedom wasn't something invented by mankind. It's been there all along.

By dying for our sins. Sins we should have been punished for.

Freedom isn't an "idea"

In exchange for something, though:

"For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave."
-- One Corintians ;) 7:22

Freedom isn't an "idea"

In exchange for something, though:

"For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave."
-- One Corintians ;) 7:22

Whoops:

"The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

--John 8:35-36

Last edited:

We need to keep our freedom.

We need to protect our freedom.

We need to respect, remember and enforce the freedom and protection of the "Bill of Rights."

We need to keep in mind and remember those whom fought and lost their lives on foreign soil, to protect this great country.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back