Should this patch be on a law enforcement officer?

It says "PREDATOR OF PREDATORS"... That just doesn't come off to me in a good way.

Yep, around here we call him Broke Back Babeu... Yep under investigation once again.

Do the county residents confirm this "patch" is being used?

I've never seen them. Apparently one has and wrote about his opinion at the link. The patches designs are pretty cool looking and all, but for cops to sport... Even if it's the SWAT team... Have to say the nay-no, my damie.

It says "PREDATOR OF PREDATORS"... That just doesn't come off to me in a good way.

Yep, around here we call him Broke Back Babeu... Yep under investigation once again.

Do the county residents confirm this "patch" is being used?

I've never seen them. Apparently one has and wrote about his opinion at the link. The patches designs are pretty cool looking and all, but for cops to sport... Even if it's the SWAT team... Have to say the nay-no, my damie.

Thanks LockeJaw; maybe Babeu is in a tough re-election campaign.

http://ajnews.com/vol16/040212/0402_com_AJNW_A8.pdf

Seen this in the local free rag. Take a look at the new patches for the Pinal County Arizona Sheriffs Department. After you take a look, tell me if you think they are appropriate for law enforcement officers?

For a biker, yes.

For a police officer, no. Would they wear that going into a school to give a talk?

No.

But would you want men with the types of personalities that would cause them to run INTO a school that is being shot up like the one today in Oakland? Yes. Those are A-type men, who think patches like this are cool.

SOME Americans need to wake the fuck up, grow a pair, and realize that we have VIOLENT people INSIDE our borders. No longer are we in the world where only the military needs these type of men willing to be shot and killed on behalf of US citizens. Its here, and we need men willing to risk their lives in the Middle East OR in somewhere here...like Oakland, or anywhere a violent threat is seen.

Why is it we cherish and worship these A-type men who bravely risk their lives overseas.......yet belittle and condemn the same type personalities who put on a gun and vest inside our borders and risk losing their lives, and their families also worrying about them daily? We can't demand a Barney Fife and Andy Griffith police force, then demand they have the bravery of a military man when violence hits home. Sorry folks, it doesn't work that way. And if those guys wanna have a culture inside their workplace that helps them prepare mentally to possibly die on behalf of the rest of us.........so be it. The 4th amendment still applies to the rest of us. And we still can't "speed and smoke weed", so whats the big deal?

OH, by the way, all those military units that have deathly, skull and crossbone type patches and logos? Obama passed an executive order saying martial law can be applied without war conditions at home. So....the Marines could be pulling you over for speeding one day. See how polite and "Andy Griffith" like the USMC police will be to you whiners.

BTW, i'm not equating the military overseas to domestic policing. But is there much of a difference in mental mindset when you ask a 25 year old Army guy to run into a terrorist hut where he might be shot.....to asking a 25 year old swat guy to run into an active school shooting where he might be shot?????

No. There isn't when you break it down to that basic element of "Run in there, and you might get shot and even die". Both families will be devastated. Bullets fly and kill there as well as here.

So...why is it we treat those two 25 year old men, both of whom we expect to run in there without hesitation, so differently in public opinion?

It's just a patch that can't hurt you the human that is wearing bleeds just like the rest of us. It's something to use as an intimidation factor

Maybe I'm missing something but I doubt hardened criminals will give a fuck less about a patch, maybe a little school boy but not grown men.

You're missing it but that's OK. It's to intimidate the law abiding citizens.
Why should law abiding people be intimidated by the police?

Maybe I'm missing something but I doubt hardened criminals will give a fuck less about a patch, maybe a little school boy but not grown men.

They shouldn't. But many hold cops to an impossible standard. Cops aren't allowed to have a bad day, or be in a bad mood. Sure, everyone else is, but not cops. Cops are to behave like robots, and be absolutely perfect in all aspect of life.........even though we draw our cops from the general population, so not sure how they'll achieve that perfection.

As long as their attitude while on duty isn't a reflection of it, I couldn't care less.

As long as their attitude while on duty isn't a reflection of it, I couldn't care less.

Agreed. However.....a few points:

- I recognize that there are dangerous, violent people inside our borders.
- I recognize that we need men willing to possibly die to protect us from those threats.

- I recognize that some of those men are gonna be a-types, who sometimes get pissed and angry and aren't necessarily choir boys.

- When one of those violent threats emerge, like today in Oakland, I want those a-type cops to be personally pissed off at the bad guy, and be willing to kick the living shit out of the bad guy if necessary, or even kill the bad guy if the bad guy wont go peacefully.

I recognize the above realities, and dont expect my police forces to be full of Andy Griffiths.

Seen this in the local free rag. Take a look at the new patches for the Pinal County Arizona Sheriffs Department. After you take a look, tell me if you think they are appropriate for law enforcement officers?

I used to LIVE in Apache Junction.....
hahaha-024.gif

And now he has over 6,000 deleted emails. After the court order to not delete emails. Notice how Babeu is staying out of the limelight now?

Yeah, looks like his days are numbered as a free man.

But he'll have all the sausage he can eat.

In The Great Satan ? The most evil nation in the history of mankind ? Home to the Nazi party since your masters brought them here right after WW2 ?
They're PERFECT !

they are not judge and jury they should not be wearing that crap

I was undecided but now I'm definitely for the patch

This is a patch for SWAT officers. Part of the point of SWAT is to LOOK intimidating. Part of their advantage is that they are big, scary dudes with scary looking guns and uniforms with all kinds of gadgets hanging from their belts.
They are elite officers, selected as much for their ability to use restraint as their ability to use force.
A scary patch is pretty much insignificant when you see a team surrounding a house with assault rifles and armored vehicles.

It's just a patch that can't hurt you the human that is wearing bleeds just like the rest of us. It's something to use as an intimidation factor

I think it is inappropriate...U.S. Special Forces, YES.... but not a civilian police force.

They're to protect and to serve.... not be mercenaries.

Just my opinion though.

they are not judge and jury they should not be wearing that crap

:eek:

Awwwww shit...!

Can I change my mind???

Last edited:
No - using Pirates puts the cities impartiality into play, even if it is for cost control ...

Agreed. However.....a few points:

- I recognize that there are dangerous, violent people inside our borders.
- I recognize that we need men willing to possibly die to protect us from those threats.

- I recognize that some of those men are gonna be a-types, who sometimes get pissed and angry and aren't necessarily choir boys.

- When one of those violent threats emerge, like today in Oakland, I want those a-type cops to be personally pissed off at the bad guy, and be willing to kick the living shit out of the bad guy if necessary, or even kill the bad guy if the bad guy wont go peacefully.

I recognize the above realities, and dont expect my police forces to be full of Andy Griffiths.

Our police officers are trained to handle the situations they are faced with, a-type or not.

I didn't say that. nor did I imply that. The police would wear it in an attempt to intimidate it's up to the Law abiding citizen if they will allow themselves to be intimidated

Forum List

Back