Should the media be held accountable for deceiving the public

Way back they managed to keep Woodrow Wilson's devastating stroke a secret. The story goes that they wheeled the drooling president out for photo ops and pretended he was recovering. FDR was a dying man when they ran him for his 4th term. Democrats knew he was dying so they hand picked his successor, Harry Truman. It wouldn't be unusual for the media to protect another democrat for as long as they could.

I didn't say anything about expecting them to be.....I am more about demanding that they tell the truth and if they do not....there should be penalties.

No one would deny (well maybe frenchie would)that the media today practically governs America that is how much power they now have....incredible power and power like our forefathers were unable to see when they declared we must have a free press.

Do not get me wrong I am all for a free press.....just a free press that tells the truth, that does not intentionally try to deceive.

It is ridiculous that any group that has the power they do....not to be accountable...to call what we have now 'a dictatorship of the media' would not be unreasonable.
Whoever Controls Language Controls Thought

An indication of the jurinalists' massive power over the entire spectrum is that even the opponents of the media blindly follow along with the ignorant and dysfunctional grammar of the On-Air Airheads. For example, "oxymoron" actually means practically the opposite of the way it's being used.

Forum List

Back