Should kids be kicked out of the house when they turn 18?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

This kid was, and he was not even finished with high school

With the rise of rent and housing prices, mixed in with inflation and the deteriorating availability of jobs, freshly-turned 18-year-olds stand no chance of being able to financially support themselves without any help from their parents or families.

With the average American debt being $58,604 and 77% of American households having at least some type of debt, it's becoming less and less possible for even adults to afford to live on their own, much less teenagers.

This is the world Progressive have created. Americans are being thrown to the wolves by their own political leaders with no end in sight.

I was. Also at 15, and 20 while in university etc. It hurt me far more than it helped me, but didn't hurt nearly as much as the dishonest abuses applied by the Creepy Ones.

I would like to see the story vetted.
Yahoo made no attempts to validate the story... so a little odd that they ran it.
The source appears to be yourtango.com

Way to go Yahoo for reporting a story with no way of knowing it is true or not

Yahoo made no attempts to validate the story... so a little odd that they ran it.

That's what yahoo does.

:laughing0301:

In my family at the age of twelve boys were expected to pay their way and help out with expenses. You needed to work and give half to Mom and Dad or find another household to take you in. I enjoyed working and making and spending my own money.

I guess nobody remembers the Depressions or how the working class used to live before WW II.

With the rise of rent and housing prices, mixed in with inflation and the deteriorating availability of jobs, freshly-turned 18-year-olds stand no chance of being able to financially support themselves without any help from their parents or families.

With the average American debt being $58,604 and 77% of American households having at least some type of debt, it's becoming less and less possible for even adults to afford to live on their own, much less teenagers.

This is the world Progressive have created. Americans are being thrown to the wolves by their own political leaders with no end in sight.
What do "progressives" have to do with it?

Wouldn't the cheesy source disqualify this thread from Current Events?

What do "progressives" have to do with it?
The dawn of the Progressive movement at the turn of the 20th century saw the creation of the massive Federal government we see today.

A government that now controls everyone and everything, other than it's own spending and subsequent massive inflation.

They cant make it in CA even at 2 to a bedroom at $3K rent.

I say no. You don't want them sleeping on the streets do you? A Girl? Have Mercy.

They cant make it in CA even at 2 to a bedroom at $3K rent.

I say no. You don't want them sleeping on the streets do you? A Girl? Have Mercy.
That's like Toronto and salaries are far less here. Local businesses hurt big time when citizens don't have disposable income. This has been Canads loing term problem due to high housing and food costs. Ive never seen so much poverty at the local grocery store.

Last edited:
In my family at the age of twelve boys were expected to pay their way and help out with expenses. You needed to work and give half to Mom and Dad or find another household to take you in. I enjoyed working and making and spending my own money.

.....at the age of twelve?

All of this-- 18 yo cannot support themselves, esp if they are still in high school. Who does this? FWIW it's fair at this point to tell your children that you will feed and house them, but not give them "spending" money. That has to be earned by them. But to kick them out? ouch

That's like Toronto and salaries are far less here. Local businesses hurt big time when citizens don't have disposable income. This has been Canads loing term problem due to high housing and food costs. Ive never seen so much poverty at the local grocery store.
the more to the left Canada moves the worse off its citizens .

Forum List

Back