Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
No one on this Board has shown

(1) that churches are under any attack for exercising their rights of private association

(2) that marriage equality has injured the civil liberties of any one on the Board who protest such equality

(3) any credible set of stats that are not cherry picked to support LGBT are a significantly greater threat to children than heterosexuals

No one on this Board has shown

(1) that churches are under any attack for exercising their rights of private association

(2) that marriage equality has injured the civil liberties of any one on the Board who protest such equality

(3) any credible set of stats that are not cherry picked to support LGBT are a significantly greater threat to children than heterosexuals

Same as no facts existed to support "unit cohesion will be affected by allowing gays to serve openly in the military".

Who will be the first one to admit they were dead wrong on that claim?
That will take guts to do that and I believe we have some here that will admit that.

Who will come out of the closet and admit they were wrong about allowing gays to serve openly in the military?

Yet as we speak, faithful within their religion to a given church are being sued in courts by gays and lesbians to be forced to support their "gay weddings" with cakes and photography.

Did you forget about that? How far of a legal step from forcing a faithful person in their business to defy their Biblical teachings in Jude 1 and the mortal sin of abetting homosexuality is it from there to inside the doors of a church? Not far friend. Not far at all. Because if you can force a person to defy their faith on a mortal-sin level, getting through those church doors with that precedent is a cake-walk for even a flunkie attorney.

Been there, done that, debated it and solved it.
Where have you been?
When your team did not want to serve the ******* they ruled you had to.
Sorry about that, you lose again.
That is not marrying people so quit being foolish with your maybes, ifs and it coulds.
Get over it. No cry babies. African Americans and gays, everyone deserve equal rights.

Look at the prejudice in the liberal far left. :eek:

I'm a registered democrat, have voted democrat since the early 1980s consistently. Until now. Now I'm questioning that as a viable stance in regard to the platform you've shoved on my party.

One of my best friends growing up was black. We used to hang out all the time and neither of our parents had a problem with it. My family lines come from the Upper Midwest, not the South bro. Duly noted you equate "*******" with ass-sex. I'm sure my friend would LOVE the comparison...

You haven't addressed the cake and photography precedents. If you did, intellectually you would have to admit that if a faithful person can be forced to abandon their closely-held religious beliefs, so too can the church proper, in order to accomodate your deviant sex cult.

Not on this issue, the liberal left has it right.
On fiscal issues they are dead wrong most all the time.
I am non partisan.

"the press of other business has it where I have no time to work your wedding"
works every time.
If one is really interested in protecting something, anything instead of grandstanding.
The cake and photography cases were to gain Christian victim status.

works every time.
If one is really interested in protecting something, anything instead of grandstanding.

So then you would require christians as a matter of law to lie to their customers? So they get to choose between two sins [and renunciation of their faith's core values] either to lie or to enable the spread of a homosexual culture.?

Unacceptable.

That ain't gonna work pal. Hobby Lobby's Decision means you're going to have to stop being so lazy and work much harder at your justification for forcibly wrenching people's 1st Amendment rights away from them. And as I said and you haven't refuted yet at all: once a singular man's legal rights to adhere to closely held faith principles is ripped away from him, the church that taught him those principles will have its doors legally wrenched open as well to promoting the gay cult values.

works every time.

So then you would require christians as a matter of law to lie to their customers? So they get to choose between two sins [and renunciation of their faith's core values] either to lie or to enable the spread of a homosexual culture.?

Unacceptable.

That ain't gonna work pal. Hobby Lobby's Decision means you're going to have to stop being so lazy and work much harder at your justification for forcibly wrenching people's 1st Amendment rights away from them. And as I said and you haven't refuted yet at all: once a singular man's legal rights to adhere to closely held faith principles is ripped away from him, the church that taught him those principles will have its doors legally wrenched open as well to promoting the gay cult values.

They are already telling a lie if they deny service to gays because they claim to be Christians.
A Christian would never do that. They are liars if they claim their religion requires them to deny service.
A Christian loves and respects thy neighbor and does not judge them.
What about The Bible do you not understand?
And do you admit you were wrong about gays in the military?

The Christian Victim doctrine:
"Disagreement is not hate, we demand everyone respect our right to disagree"\

I agree with that half.

All the while they are telling everyone else that does NOT agree with them on any issue THEY are wrong.

Some kind of respect of different opinions there.
They are hypocrites and apply a DOUBLE STANDARD.

Why on earth would you claim that people who disagree with you are RIGHT?

You think that Christians should believe what they believe, without actually claiming that what they believe is correct. They should never seek to tell people the Way to attain heaven...and should tell people who are lost that they are *right* when we know otherwise...

That's just stupid.

100% separate matter altogether and NOT related to in any way but:

Anyone that would deny homosexuals service based on religious grounds is not Christian and probably Muslim.
Christians love thy neighbor and do not judge.

True, no Christian church should deny entrance to, or counseling for anyone, For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

However, having any marriage ceremony in a particular church is up to the members of that church. If it against their faith to perform a ceremony, it will be denied. I have seen them denied because someone wanted to do a hillbilly wedding with shotguns and overalls. I have seen them denied because someone wanted a Jewish ceremony, and I have seen a Catholic Priest deny to marry a couple in a church that was not Catholic.

As I have said, a church is the people, not the building. The people own the building, that is just a place they gather together to share their faith and worship at. It would be no different than someone knocking on your door, and stating that they were going to be getting married on your lawn tomorrow at noon, and there is nothing you can do about it.

You think that Christians should believe what they believe, without actually claiming that what they believe is correct. They should never seek to tell people the Way to attain heaven...and should tell people who are lost that they are *right* when we know otherwise...

That's just stupid.

And you claim I drink.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I tell people that claim I am lost and do not know how to "attain heaven" to go fuck themselves.

That's just stupid.

I tell people that claim I am lost and do not know how to "attain heaven" to go fuck themselves.

YES!!! IT IS HARD TO HELP A FOOL!!!and you??

Anyone that would deny homosexuals service based on religious grounds is not Christian and probably Muslim.

True, no Christian church should deny entrance to, or counseling for anyone, For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

However, having any marriage ceremony in a particular church is up to the members of that church. If it against their faith to perform a ceremony, it will be denied. I have seen them denied because someone wanted to do a hillbilly wedding with shotguns and overalls. I have seen them denied because someone wanted a Jewish ceremony, and I have seen a Catholic Priest deny to marry a couple in a church that was not Catholic.

As I have said, a church is the people, not the building. The people own the building, that is just a place they gather together to share their faith and worship at. It would be no different than someone knocking on your door, and stating that they were going to be getting married on your lawn tomorrow at noon, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I fully support the policy now that is not and has never been challenged.
Churches can deny a marriage ceremony to anyone they want to.
Jews do not marry Muslim couples now and should not.
Same as no one is asking for any church now to marry gay couples.
The churches that WANT TO MARRY them now want them to legally get a marriage license.
Something that is no one's business.
If a church now wants to legally marry gay folk they should be able to.

That's just stupid.

YES!!! IT IS HARD TO HELP A FOOL!!!and you??

You have enough on your plate already in yourself.
I am happy and comfortable in my own skin, strong and fit and healthy mind, body and soul.
I do not follow holier than thou dumb asses like you. You do more harm to Christianity than good.

How many Christian churches or ANY CHURCH NOW is forced to marry gays? ZERO.
And that never will change.
Anyone that believes there will be a law in this country to force churches to marry people is a DUMB ASS.

Rather simplistic to think this issue is about a matter of lying to their customers or of getting into evaluating the sin business. :cuckoo:

A business in public service openly advertised as to a set of services offered is going to have public accommodation laws with which to contend.

The churches that WANT TO MARRY them now want them to legally get a marriage license.

I pretty much agree with that statement. If a church accepts homosexual marriage, they have every right to perform the ceremony.

In my faith, I don't believe in homosexuality, it's just immoral people doing disgusting acts. But, that is no different than someone claiming to be a Christian, endangering everyone on the road, by driving drunk. Both are sins, and God only sees sin one way. He does not differentiate between sin. From a little white lie, to murder, to God, they are all the same.

The key question in this thread is should churches be forced to perform gay weddings(marriage), and the answer is NO! Every religion should be free to practice however they believe. From snake handlers, to Muslims, to Jews and devil worshipers as well. With no restrictions from the government.

This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

Should places or worship be forced to accommodate for gay weddings?

That will become the same battleground here as it is now in England.

Looking forward to the mass beheadings of leftist english dipshits by mobs of pissed off muslims.

Remember...churches have been marrying gays, sans the legal status, for decades. We've always had equal access to religious marriage.

Forum List

Back