Should businesses owned by members of a religion be accountable to the law?

Should businesses owned by members of a religion be accountable to the law?

• Yes - always

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Yes for non-Christians, no for Christians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. The 1st amendment forbids it. Members of a religion can do as they please.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only if the business is open to the public.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
No court will buy that "no legitimate distinction between profit and non profit corporations."

Again, for the slow readers:

A private organization isn't defined as a business though.

Churches are businesses.

There is no reasonable distinction between a profit and a non profit corporation in the law regarding exemptions for religious liberty. Why should The Little Sisters have an exemption to Obmaacare on religious grounds but not Hobby Lobby? There is no reason. Both of them are entitled to the same exemption.

Because the sisters are about religion, Hobby Lobby is about business.

Businesses have no religious liberty.

Really, are you saying a kosher butcher shop can be required to stock pork chops for me?

Churches are businesses.

There is no reasonable distinction between a profit and a non profit corporation in the law regarding exemptions for religious liberty. Why should The Little Sisters have an exemption to Obmaacare on religious grounds but not Hobby Lobby? There is no reason. Both of them are entitled to the same exemption.

Really, are you saying a kosher butcher shop can be required to stock pork chops for me?

If it is in the business of pork chops, sure.

If it is in the business of pork chops, sure.

:lol:

whoooooooooooooosh

Texas: can a kosher shop be required to sell non kosher meat

Jakey: of course, if they are in the business of selling non-kosher meat

i can't stop laughing....i can't believe jake is this retarded....yeah...kosher shops the world over are all about selling pork

:lol:

Forum List

Back