Shohei Ohtani's first start: 6 batters, 5 runs, no outs.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Ohtani is a really exciting player. I think he is the only true two way player in the majors, but the Angels may want to rethink that. Sure it's only his first start, but that was ugly! The poor guy threw 30 pitches walked three guys, never recorded an out and was pulled in the first inning.

Ohtani is a really exciting player. I think he is the only true two way player in the majors, but the Angels may want to rethink that. Sure it's only his first start, but that was ugly! The poor guy threw 30 pitches walked three guys, never recorded an out and was pulled in the first inning.

the owner of the Angels lost a lot of respect when he agreed to that stupid name change......it should have been the Anaheim Angels.....LA aint even in the fucking county....

He hasn’t pitched in years
I hope he can turn it around

I'm a fan. The guy is putting up some eye popping numbers. 33 homers at the Allstar break (crazy) I recently set a timer on Angels games and man he's good and fun as hell to watch. Incredibly good for the game of baseball!

Sammy Sosa (1998), Ken Griffey Jr. (1994), Matt Williams (1994), Mark McGwire (1987) and Roger Maris (1961) all got to 33, so Ohtani is now tied with that illustrious group before the All-Star break.

This didn't age well.

Meh, he's 27, prime of his career and is a complete stud. For sure have to monitor his arm and manage his time on the mound to make sure he doesnt hurt himself (protect the competitor from himself) but at least until he's in his 30's there's probably nothing to worry about. Plus MLB needs a Babe Ruth type guy and he's it.

BTW I didnt see another thread about this but why was there all the uproar about SAS said about Ohtani? Is it that controversial to say that it would be better if the biggest star in a US based sport spoke English and not through an interpreter?

BTW I didnt see another thread about this but why was there all the uproar about SAS said about Ohtani? Is it that controversial to say that it would be better if the biggest star in a US based sport spoke English and not through an interpreter?
A lot of MLB players use an interpreter. Who cares?

A lot of players aren’t the biggest star (or one of them anyway) in the sport. And it’s not that he can’t be because of the requirement of an interpreter it just that it would be better if he didn’t have to. That’s pretty objectively true.

A lot of players aren’t the biggest star (or one of them anyway) in the sport. And it’s not that he can’t be because of the requirement of an interpreter it just that it would be better if he didn’t have to. That’s pretty objectively true.
Why would it be better? And your statement is the last thing from "objectively true."

Why would it be better? And your statement is the last thing from "objectively true."
Because the mlb is a US based sport and the majority of people who live in the US speak English so being able to hear what one of the biggest stars in said sport has to say in his own words is better than through an interpreter. Why is that so hard to understand? That is 100% objectively true. If Ohtani were the exact same person only he spoke English it would better from the MLBs perspective.

Just like if you or I were the biggest star in the Japanese league it would be better if we spoke Japanese and not through an interpreter

S
What do you think better means? Would it be better or worse if Ohtani spoke English? It can’t be the same so it’s one or the other. I have no earthly reason to speak Japanese but it would still be better if I could.

In what world is speaking 2 languages not better than speaking 1? How is that even posible? It would be even better if he spoke Spanish, French and German as well. It’s impossible for it to not be better. You can’t be this stupid...

In what world is speaking 2 languages not better than speaking 1? ....
It's not a matter of "better," you lame brain. He speaks what he speaks. Interviews and all other communication he needs is accounted for. You need to sniff less glue.

Forum List

Back