Shelter In Place Saved up to 370 Thousand Lives

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
That is very good news. I just wish that we could have seen it to the point that it wasn't dangerous to reopen. I also wish that during that time we had made sure there was enough testing/contact tracing, the PPE and all other necessary supplies were at proper levels. We didn't. In fact trump had the testing showed down. Which was not a good thing to do.

I just hope all the sacrifices weren't thrown out the window by reopening too soon.

That is very good news. I just wish that we could have seen it to the point that it wasn't dangerous to reopen. I also wish that during that time we had made sure there was enough testing/contact tracing, the PPE and all other necessary supplies were at proper levels. We didn't. In fact trump had the testing showed down. Which was not a good thing to do.

I just hope all the sacrifices weren't thrown out the window by reopening too soon.

I like the weasel words "up to". Tells me the story is likely full-of-shit.

More likely fake news leftist bs like always.

Let’s just shut down all food production and the electric grid, and all police.

That will save so many lives.

If Biden wins, he can shut down the economy for his entire 1st term, if you all think that would be great. Sleepy Joe should make it the major plank of his campaign.

Let’s just shut down all food production and the electric grid, and all police.

That will save so many lives.
And if you were to shoot everyone on the planet, think of the low death rate afterwards.

If shelter in place and masks work then why did we release al those prisoners? We should just have given them masks and be done with it.

If shelter in place and masks work then why did we release al those prisoners? We should just have given them masks and be done with it.
In fact, why not put everyone in prison? After all, prison is the Left utopia model for society.

That way we all have social justice, free food, free shelter, free medical, and as a bonus perk, everyday is gay pride day!

We would never be as safe.

They're talking about fatality rate growth rate in the article, tracking that growth rate and how it fell over time, attributing that change to lockdowns

Ok.

Here's a chart with deaths per capita on a log scale, to account for rate.

US and Sweden

Sweden-us.JPG

What a joke! There is absolutely no way to prove that number. Some Liberals playing games with statistics and voila! they pull some ridiculous "calculation" out of their asses. Spare me your Libtardian "studies" they always start out with the conclusion they want, and then backfill with bogus stats for proof.

What a joke! There is absolutely no way to prove that number. Some Liberals playing games with statistics and voila! they pull some ridiculous "calculation" out of their asses. Spare me your Libtardian "studies" they always start out with the conclusion they want, and then backfill with bogus stats for proof.

But all the other models were right!

The sacrifices were thrown out the window because of reopening too soon.

So in your opinion, America might was well just open up the economy immediately since it was a waste to close it in the first place?

I was afraid that was going to happen when the reopening started.

I wish we had responsible government.

Yeah, cuz these studies have been so accurate so far. Why not say it saved a 130 billion lives? Hell, why not proclaim it saved 130 trillion lives? These people have no fucking idea what the real number is.

I was afraid that was going to happen when the reopening started.

Me too. Instead we have Pritzker and Madigan.

Forum List

Back