Sharpshooting...

TrainTime

Rookie
Feb 7, 2014
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEf3t8WpgM]Cracking HMR Crow shot, at 221 yards - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
The rabbit was "ferret food" he said. But what about the crow? :dunno:

Crows are the farmer's enemy...they peck at corn cobs one after another until the damage is significant.....fruit farmers have the same problem with mockingbirds....damn things peck a peach and wait for it to rot. Shooting crows is varmint control. :doubt:

The rabbit was "ferret food" he said. But what about the crow? :dunno:

Crows are the farmer's enemy...they peck at corn cobs one after another until the damage is significant.....fruit farmers have the same problem with mockingbirds....damn things peck a peach and wait for it to rot. Shooting crows is varmint control. :doubt:

How about counting crows?

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol:

Ever see a "crow's court"? The whole flock lands in a couple of trees and start chattering at the offender, the volume and ferocity increasing by the minute... After a few minutes of this they fall silent...and then attack en masse and kill him. Frightful thing to see first time. :ack-1:

Nope. I do remember trees filled with starlings. Are those like crows? They made a hell of a racket. I'd clap my hands real loud and hundreds would take off flying.

• Banned
Something ain't right when you go out "to kill a mockingbird".

I had a mockingbird nest in a Pyracantha bush in my front yard....when the mother had chicks in the nest, she'd attack me when I went out for the paper in the morning...hover above my head and try to peck at me. I could have taken a tennis racket out with me but I bobbed and weaved instead....a couple weeks later they were all gone.

ROTTEN birds but they are clever...if they are nesting near your peach or plum trees you can kiss your harvest goodbye. Nothing works...not netting, not a fake owl...nothing. :mad:

Something ain't right when you go out "to kill a mockingbird".

I had a mockingbird nest in a Pyracantha bush in my front yard....when the mother had chicks in the nest, she'd attack me when I went out for the paper in the morning...hover above my head and try to peck at me. I could have taken a tennis racket out with me but I bobbed and weaved instead....a couple weeks later they were all gone.

ROTTEN birds but they are clever...if they are nesting near your peach or plum trees you can kiss your harvest goodbye. Nothing works...not netting, not a fake owl...nothing. :mad:

Mockingbirds are one of the few American birds that sing at night when they feel like it. They are among the best songbirds I know. I have a barn swallow lately who buzzes my head and chirps for some reason and I bob and weave and raise my hands. Sometimes she goes away.

Forum List

Back