Sex offenders in Florida now have warning signs outside their homes

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
What about drunk drivers? They cause far more misery than sex offenders. Doesn't really matter as the offenders will take down the signs or spray paint over them.

The Florida county where police post 'sexual predator' road signs outside homes of convicted rapists and child molesters | Mail Online

09:10 EST, 18 April 2013

One Florida county is taking its duty to notify neighbors about sex offenders living in the community to the next level and posting red road side outside the homes of rapists and child molesters.

The sheriff of Bradford County, Florida, decided the reflective signs, which have each offender's name, should be planted on the roadways outside the houses of convicted sexual predators to ward off children and notify parents about potentially-dangerous convicts in the area.

So far, the sheriff's office has made 18 signs at a cost of $10 apiece.

Captain Brad Smith, the chief of operations for the sheriff's office, told VICE magazine that the state of Florida mandates that police departments keep citizens informed about the sex offenders in the community.

I disagree. If you put a sign outside a house with that residents name on it, stating that they are a convicted sex offender, who is going to protect them if some vigilante decides to pay them a visit? Who fixes the damage if their car is torched, or a brick is thrown through the window, or if they are killed?

The police can't be there 24/7 to protect them all, and like it or not, these people have the right to live in peace.

Also, what happens if you want to sell your home, but any potential buyer sees the sign in the front yard of the house next door?

Since our society doesn't have the balls to execute these worthless excuses of humanity, we should just install a GPS chip in the perverts to keep tabs on them. As far as their rights, they have none as they gave them up when they inflicted themselves upon an innocent victim.

Last edited:
Since our society doesn't have the balls to execute these worthless excuses of humanity, we should just install a GPS chip in the perverts to keep tabs on them. As far as their rights, they have none as they gave them up when they inflicted themselves upon an innocent victim.

They lost a few rights when they were jailed, but when they were released, they gained the right to be safe in their own homes.

They lost a few rights when they were jailed, but when they were released, they gained the right to be safe in their own homes.

I have yet to hear that sex offenders can be magically cured of their obsessions. They should never be released. I am more concerned about the rights of the victims to feel safe in their homes, as they will have to live with that violation for the rest of their lives.

I have yet to hear that sex offenders can be magically cured of their obsessions. They should never be released. I am more concerned about the rights of the victims to feel safe in their homes, as they will have to live with that violation for the rest of their lives.

If you think that they shouldn't be released, then that is an issue you need to take up with the parole board.

What about drunk drivers? They cause far more misery than sex offenders. Doesn't really matter as the offenders will take down the signs or spray paint over them.

The Florida county where police post 'sexual predator' road signs outside homes of convicted rapists and child molesters | Mail Online

09:10 EST, 18 April 2013

One Florida county is taking its duty to notify neighbors about sex offenders living in the community to the next level and posting red road side outside the homes of rapists and child molesters.

The sheriff of Bradford County, Florida, decided the reflective signs, which have each offender's name, should be planted on the roadways outside the houses of convicted sexual predators to ward off children and notify parents about potentially-dangerous convicts in the area.

So far, the sheriff's office has made 18 signs at a cost of $10 apiece.

Captain Brad Smith, the chief of operations for the sheriff's office, told VICE magazine that the state of Florida mandates that police departments keep citizens informed about the sex offenders in the community.

I disagree with your statement that drunk drivers cause far more misery than sex offenders. Some sex offenders kill their victims. Unless you have been raped by a pedophile and or raped at the hands of a sadistic rapist I am unsure how one can make such a statement. Some children, women and men suffer a lifetime of mental and physical pain from brutal sex assaults. See the Lawrence Singleton case where he hacked off the arms of a 15 year old girl and was released 8 years later and then killed a woman. Some children abused as children are affected for life.

Drunk drivers do cause pain if they kill someone but I do not agree they cause more pain at all.

I am unsure what to think about these signs. I think they should be used for pedophiles given the rate of recidivism. I do not think they should be used in cases of consensual sex between a man and a girl separated by only a few years. Brutal sex predators that show no sign of changing should also have signs in their yards too. They are already in a database this just brings more attention to them.

I was just reading a story when a couple is suing a sex offender for devaluing their home, since he was their neighbor.

In my opinion, both a drunk driver and a sex offender can have a life long impact on a person. Because of a hit and run drunk driver, I have three cousins who have been without their dad for almost two years now and even though some people do survive the act of a sex offender, those who live to tell about their experience are the ones who have to live with such a horrific memory that can never be wiped away from their minds.

God bless you and them and every drunk driving impacted family always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if a sex offenders have to have signs about their history in front of their homes now, the sentence that they served for their crime should be on the sign as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back