Seriously . . . its so simple . . .

jckryan

So, this is purgatory?
Jan 18, 2011
Los Angeles, Ca
In order to stem or slow the undocumented imigrants from coming over we ought to take it from their perspective (bear with me).
Why would they save up thousands of dollars to pay a human smuggler/stranger to take them across the border through sometimes brutal deserts or containers with no guarantees that they will make it. They have the real possibility of getting deported, being held for an additional ransom once they get to the 'safe house', getting murdered and/or the women getting raped.
Why?!!! Is their economy that bad? It's like saying "We will pay these strangers to take our money to be *#%?!ed"". The border will always be a pain. There are too many holes to plug and if they're that desperate . . . "Where there is a will there is a way" (still with me ? . . . waiiiiit for it).
What we have to do is stop enabling/encouraging - putting out the welcome mat to - the undocumented immigrants.
Consider this:

1. Today I saw voter registration pamphlets in Armenian, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Tagolog (Filipino), Vietnamese, and . . . uh . . . English.

2. The infamous Department of Motor Vehicles has their driving manuals and tests in as many languages.

3. Product instruction manuals are multi-lingual.

4. We have English as a Second Language (ESL) taught in our schools.

5. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) does not work.

6. Many thriving nations are sending their kids to our universities and then bringing them back.

7. Many immigrants wire their money back to their native countries (families).

8. Guess what? The applications for welfare/food stamps . . . multi-lingual.

Point is: Despite all the tragedies that our forefathers may have commited to establish this great nation they did establish a common language . . . English. Without it we would not be able to communicate from father to son or within the government :lol:. If undocumented immigrants do not try to learn English and assimilate to what is American they should not be able to: 1. Vote. 2. Drive. 3. There was no such animal such as ESL classes when my grandparents and mom got here. They had no ethnic community to fall back on. Since when was English a second language in the U.S.?!!! Most of the undocumented immigrants may be uneducated . . . but they're not bloody idiots. 4. The EOE though was a good idea in its inception . . . has been abused and flawed to the point where citizens who are willing to work for far less than they're used to won't get hired at retail outlets/restaurants. The EOE has to be reversed. 5. Raise the college/university tuitions for foriegn students from outside the Western Hemisphere to 300%. The major nations are blowing us away in education, why should we educate them in our schools when they are going back? Seriously. 6. Have the States/Federal raise the fee/taxes up by 300% for companies that wire money overseas (Western Union, etc.). Stop our money from leaving our economy. 7. Once again. No English . . . neeeeeeeeeoh food stamps/welfare.

Well, made my point. :cuckoo:

Dude, America "Love it or leave it . . . just don't try to change it".

Last edited:
I really thought that this thread would get some sort of reaction from at least the liberals (esp. those of the politically correct and ACLU-minded). The fact that there were no replies . . . attacking or defending . . . to this thread is REAL good, because that means that both sides actually agree on something. Guess the solution is so simple . . . a caveman can even do it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back