Senator Schumer at the burned-out Crawford Furniture building in Jamestown

gmeyers1944

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2019
Westfield, NY (near Buffalo)
Senator Chuck Schumer held a press conference at the site of the fire that destroyed the empty building that once was the Crawford Furniture plant in Jamestown, New York. He suggested that the Superfund program clean up the "toxic eyesore". That is definitely needed. Then the property will be available to be used for something else. I don't think that will happen. Crawford closed the plant on December 31, 2012, when it went bankrupt.

There are 2 reasons I doubt that any other business will be interested in the property.
1) Exorbetant corprate taxes. Corporations don't pay taxes. You pay those taxes when you buy what they sell. That makes the price higher and drives away customers.
2) High minimum wages. An employee should be paid only what their labor is worth. When the corporation loses money because they have to pay the employee more than his (her) labor is worth., it has to raise prices, further driving customers away.

That is why so many corporations have moved their businesses to other countries. It is their only way to avoid bankruptcy!
SCHUMER at remains of Crawdord Furniture factory.jpg

Senator Chuck Schumer held a press conference at the site of the fire that destroyed the empty building that once was the Crawford Furniture plant in Jamestown, New York. He suggested that the Superfund program clean up the "toxic eyesore". That is definitely needed. Then the property will be available to be used for something else. I don't think that will happen. Crawford closed the plant on December 31, 2012, when it went bankrupt.

There are 2 reasons I doubt that any other business will be interested in the property.
1) Exorbetant corprate taxes. Corporations don't pay taxes. You pay those taxes when you buy what they sell. That makes the price higher and drives away customers.
2) High minimum wages. An employee should be paid only what their labor is worth. When the corporation loses money because they have to pay the employee more than his (her) labor is worth., it has to raise prices, further driving customers away.

That is why so many corporations have moved their businesses to other countries. It is their only way to avoid bankruptcy!
View attachment 747023
WalMart is the answer.

Damn, just damn.

This country would be so much better off if the lying piece of shit had been in it when it happened.

schumer-at-remains-of-crawdord-furniture-factory-jpg.747023

That is what Detroit all looks like so why not New York?

Forum List

Back