Senate Democrats shut down minority's voice in the senate.

Democrats Invoke ‘Nuclear Option’ in Senate - ABC News

Democrats invoked the so-called “nuclear option” to change the rules in the U.S. Senate, bypassing Republicans and evading two difficult votes, including one on President Obama’s jobs bill.

The procedural precedent, which blocked Republicans from adding more amendments, could speed passage of a bill to punish China for currency manipulation.

It could also open a Pandora’s box, forever altering the traditions of the senate and its role on Capitol Hill.

I just hope they don't complain if republicans control the senate in the near future....this bill means that if the dems are in the minority in the future they have no voice either, truly shameful.

Republican obstructionism is whats been controlling the senate. Republicans have used the filibuster more than any time in history by any other party in history. Something has to happen to move the country forward.

Obstructionism is the only thing keeping the country from going under all together. Capitalism is what will move the country forward with free trade, free markets and free minds.

Recovery begins January 20, 2013.

Democrats Invoke ‘Nuclear Option’ in Senate - ABC News

Democrats invoked the so-called “nuclear option” to change the rules in the U.S. Senate, bypassing Republicans and evading two difficult votes, including one on President Obama’s jobs bill.

The procedural precedent, which blocked Republicans from adding more amendments, could speed passage of a bill to punish China for currency manipulation.

It could also open a Pandora’s box, forever altering the traditions of the senate and its role on Capitol Hill.

I just hope they don't complain if republicans control the senate in the near future....this bill means that if the dems are in the minority in the future they have no voice either, truly shameful.

Republican obstructionism is whats been controlling the senate. Republicans have used the filibuster more than any time in history by any other party in history. Something has to happen to move the country forward.

So we broke your last record? Good. If it means breathing life into the Republic, I am relieved. Say we all reach out RD, and put Totalitarianism on hold.

Stopping the addition of ammendments?

I view that as a good thing, each bill should be single subject anyway.
It would end putting starving children ammendements on bills that some want to pass and gay marriage bills in one some want to fail.

It would also end a lot of pork.

Stopping the addition of ammendments?

I view that as a good thing, each bill should be single subject anyway.
It would end putting starving children ammendements on bills that some want to pass and gay marriage bills in one some want to fail.

It would also end a lot of pork.

Imagine if we did that with the health care bill AKA obamacare!

That would have been awesome. We could cancel the one bill saying you MUST buy health insurance from a private company while keeping the bill saying insurance companies can't deny you for pre-existing conditions.

We could get rid of the bill that lets the govt oversee your health records while keeping the bill requiring the electronic updating of all patient records ;)

I actually like your premise a lot!

maybe they should have stopped filibustering every bill and stopped blocking every appointment before this happened?

just saying...

Nice to see such a strong condemnation of the tactic, mo chara.

Oh wait.... no... you have no problem with it. OK. Well, when the boot is on the other foot, let's hope you remember your support for it.

maybe they should have stopped filibustering every bill and stopped blocking every appointment before this happened?

just saying...

Nice to see such a strong condemnation of the tactic, mo chara.

Oh wait.... no... you have no problem with it. OK. Well, when the boot is on the other foot, let's hope you remember your support for it.

Yeah the dems definately filibustered the reps under bush just as much as the reps are doing it to the dems under obama.

I dont have an issue with either side doing it, it helps keep the govt from growing faster :)

Yea this is sad. But it is the current state of our Government at this point. Power and greed run everything. They've abandoned the Constitution.

Forum List

Back