Senate Democrats Block Proposal to Block Chinese Imports Made With Uighur Slave Labor

Do I have to state it again? None of these are points and none of them have anything to do with my statement. It was pretty simple. I never claimed any support for the original bill.

The rider was blocked because it was designed as a poison pill that would kill the bill through procedural means. At least that is what the democrats are claiming. If the republicans gave a rats ass they would present the rider as a clean bill. They did not, have not and will not. How bad the original bill is, what else is crammed into it and anything else is immaterial to my statements.

The republicans could, you know, simply oppose the bill. They can filibuster it and if it is passed through the reconciliation process then they are going to have to focus on keeping Sinema and Manchin rooted in place. That they introduce a rider that is imponent, not designed to actually pass with the bill and cannot get past the senate leader in order to generate a snappy headline is not opposing anything, it is trying to score political points without accomplishing anything at all.

In short, they have no balls.

So, you wish to hold Republicans to a standard you know full well Democrats would never do either…In a perfect world ALL of this crap would be in stand alone bills. But, that’s not the world we live in.

You do realize the Uighurs are Muslim terrorists who've been fighting the Chinese government for hundreds of years, right?
You teally dont see 20 million uighurs as a threat to the communist dictatorship do you?

So, you wish to hold Republicans to a standard you know full well Democrats would never do either…In a perfect world ALL of this crap would be in stand alone bills. But, that’s not the world we live in.
If they want me to vote for them, yes I expect them to have the balls to actually put fourth measures they want passed. I don't vote for democrats that cannot meet some basic standards either.

This just sounds to me like saying I should vote for democrats when they put an R next to their name because if they act the same they are.

The point being that the measure here did not actually have any chance of stopping the bill. It was not constructed to stop the bill. It was not put forth to stop the bill. It was also not put fourth to influence China's behavior. If the democrat claim is true, and I have seen nothing that shows it is not nor has anyone bothered to argue it was not, then the entire purpose of the rider was to generate a headline.

I just cannot get all worked up about a headline that was generated under a direct falsehood.

Last edited:
Uh, guy, you see, this is where you lack the intelligence to make an argument.

You argued that the Uighurs aren't terrorists... I've pointed out that NOT only have they committed terrorist acts, but that the US government has in fact, designated them as terrorists.

Now, man up, admit you were wrong and you can move on.

Incidently, I think America is great, but our leaders make some pretty stupid decisions, regardless of whether they have an R or a D behind their name.
Where did I say they weren't terrorists?

Oh, yeah. Nowhere.

You Commie assholes are liars.

Where did I say they weren't terrorists?

Oh, yeah. Nowhere.

You Commie assholes are liars.

Actually, you said...

I have no problem with killing terrorists. Can you prove all the Muslims in Chinese camps are terrorists? NOTE: Blindly repeating Communist Chinese propaganda is disallowed.

And I pointed out that the US government has not only locked up Uyghurs in Gitmo, but has designated them as a terrorist group.

So you are whining because China is going after people we have designated as terrorists? We spent the last 20 years killing Muslims from Libya to Iraq to Afghanistan to the Philippines, but these Muslims are the "nice" ones... even though we said they weren't.

Actually, you said...

And I pointed out that the US government has not only locked up Uyghurs in Gitmo, but has designated them as a terrorist group.

So you are whining because China is going after people we have designated as terrorists? We spent the last 20 years killing Muslims from Libya to Iraq to Afghanistan to the Philippines, but these Muslims are the "nice" ones... even though we said they weren't.
Are you comfortable using Chinese propaganda?

If they want me to vote for them, yes I expect them to have the balls to actually put fourth measures they want passed. I don't vote for democrats that cannot meet some basic standards either.

This just sounds to me like saying I should vote for democrats when they put an R next to their name because if they act the same they are.

The point being that the measure here did not actually have any chance of stopping the bill. It was not constructed to stop the bill. It was not put forth to stop the bill. It was also not put fourth to influence China's behavior. If the democrat claim is true, and I have seen nothing that shows it is not nor has anyone bothered to argue it was not, then the entire purpose of the rider was to generate a headline.

I just cannot get all worked up about a headline that was generated under a direct falsehood.
You vote for whom you wish…I’ve heard Rubio talk about this, and he seems genuine on the matter.

Are you comfortable using Chinese propaganda?

The US State Department designated the Uyghurs as terrorists in 2002.

So has the United Nations

Until Democrats take action against China's slavery practice, instead of supporting it, I don't want to hear a word from them on racism....
Sniffing around for an excuse to justify Rumpian Make America White Again behaviors? Ever hear of Two Wongs Don't Make it White? :badgrin:

What's up libs? no response? Figures.
Look they all own products of Chinese slave labor produced by foxconn the world's largest and cruelest employer.... And they say nothing whatsoever about that either. One of the things Elon musk is going to take down big tech with is his new product the pi phone made exclusively without the help of slave labor or slave-like labor practices. I have put off all my purchases of communication equipment including phones tablets and anything that uses the internet until the iPhone comes out with its built-in starlink connection making it a full sat phone. If this phone is even half of what the statistics describe it to be it will pretty much destroy both Apple and Samsung.

The US State Department designated the Uyghurs as terrorists in 2002.

So has the United Nations

As I said, you are comfortable using Chinese propaganda. That’s a fact.

they always sound genuine. Somehow all these genuine people never seem to actually get anything done.
Oh, So Rubio should what? Wave a magic wand?
You do realize Republicans aren’t in power right?

As I said, you are comfortable using Chinese propaganda. That’s a fact.

The UN and the US State Department are "Chinese Propaganda"? Really?

Okay, I'm going to try to engage you intelligently. Probably a waste of time, but let's have a go at it.

Let's look at this issue from the Chinese Point of View. China's history was one of being exploited by foreign powers, starting with the Opium Wars. For the Chinese, territorial integrity is a key issue...

While we see Tibet, the Uyghurs, Hong Kong and Taiwan as issues of "people wanting to be free" (although non of those places have great histories of freedom or democracy), the Chinese see it as outsiders trying to screw China. They have this home-grown Islamic terrorist group trying to carve out their own country out of China's borders. The Chinese have already made concessions, such as designating Xinjiang (the province the Uyghurs live in) as an autonomous zone....

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...

Frankly, I don't see what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghurs as being any worse than what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians... something you guys on the Christian Right are fine with because we need Jews in Israel so Jesus can come back... or something.

Sniffing around for an excuse to justify Rumpian Make America White Again behaviors? Ever hear of Two Wongs Don't Make it White? :badgrin:
Fat chance manure mouth.... The Uighurs have never once perpetrated a single aggressive action against the United States. The State department declared them terrorist solely at the bidding of the world's most dictatorial group of totalitarian assholes, the CCP. Most likely there was a large exchange of currency that backed up that particular patronage. If you had any sympathy for the assholes who tried to make an independent nation of the middle of Portland then you should have some sympathy for Uighurs also.... The difference being that one group was a collection of rabid unskilled violent activists while the other group is an organized cultural movement that is unified intellectually, ethically and genetically and more than willing to form a fully cooperative non-aggressive governmental structure that works with Beijing while at the same time allowing them freedom of religion. If you see those who seek freedom of religion as terrorists then you are a double tongued, no standard political and ethical chameleon who merely spouts momentary mantra to make a fleeting point at the cost of any other previous standards. This is in fact what you are frankly.

jo

The UN and the US State Department are "Chinese Propaganda"? Really?

Okay, I'm going to try to engage you intelligently. Probably a waste of time, but let's have a go at it.

Let's look at this issue from the Chinese Point of View. China's history was one of being exploited by foreign powers, starting with the Opium Wars. For the Chinese, territorial integrity is a key issue...

While we see Tibet, the Uyghurs, Hong Kong and Taiwan as issues of "people wanting to be free" (although non of those places have great histories of freedom or democracy), the Chinese see it as outsiders trying to screw China. They have this home-grown Islamic terrorist group trying to carve out their own country out of China's borders. The Chinese have already made concessions, such as designating Xinjiang (the province the Uyghurs live in) as an autonomous zone....

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...

Frankly, I don't see what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghurs as being any worse than what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians... something you guys on the Christian Right are fine with because we need Jews in Israel so Jesus can come back... or something.

Do you believe the tactics of the Chinese today against the Uyghurs should be employed here against Christians, or Republicans?
You seem to think it’s perfectly fine….

Fat chance manure mouth.... The Uighurs have never once perpetrated a single aggressive action against the United States. The State department declared them terrorist solely at the bidding of the world's most dictatorial group of totalitarian assholes, the CCP. Most likely there was a large exchange of currency that backed up that particular patronage. If you had any sympathy for the assholes who tried to make an independent nation of the middle of Portland then you should have some sympathy for Uighurs also.... The difference being that one group was a collection of rabid unskilled violent activists while the other group is an organized cultural movement that is unified intellectually, ethically and genetically and more than willing to form a fully cooperative non-aggressive governmental structure that works with Beijing while at the same time allowing them freedom of religion. If you see those who seek freedom of religion as terrorists then you are a double tongued, no standard political and ethical chameleon who merely spouts momentary mantra to make a fleeting point at the cost of any other previous standards. This is in fact what you are frankly.

You really think a bunch of Al-Qaeda aligned Islamic fanatics are going to set up a sensible government? Really?

Our own government designated the Uighurs as terrorists when it suited us to do so...but this had more to do with securing China's cooperation with the war on terror. It's kind of silly for us to support anti-Muslim fighters from Palestine to the Philippines, but then say, "Well, no, THESE Muslims are okay!"

Forum List

Back