Sen. Cotton Introduces Bill to Cut Funding to Schools Teaching ‘1619 Project’

It is neither controversial or racially charged.

Conservatives bitch about everything.
Obviously the matter is controversial. To deny that is idiocy.
People do not argue over non controversial matters.

And obviously with slavery the subject to say the matter is not
racially charged is even more idiotic. Looks like you picked the
wrong day to live in denial with your head underground.
I believe he was speaking to the actual content of the project not the reaction to the purpose of the project, which is obviously where the controversy is coming from... Two different things.

If you could actually point to specifics then perhaps you could provide a counter argument and show something that the project actually says that is controversial.

You are hiding behind other peoples articles but seem incapable of providing specific examples from the project. I've been trying to get specific with you during this entire thread. You've referenced one thing... The passage about Abe Lincoln. I tried to dig in and engage with you about that section and you bailed from the conversation. You still haven't provided a specific lie that is in the document. Come on man, step it up, this is getting old
Then fuck off! It seems simple to me.

You wanted an example of how Hannah-Jones played fast and loose with the facts and reality of historical racism and I gave you one. I don't remember you trying to "dig in and engage" about Lincoln, by the way.
You don't remember? I told you that from what I read the project cites a speech Abe made where he suggested freed slaves colonize outside the USA and she used quotes from the speech. I asked you what specifically you considered a lie... You ignored my question and comments and simply said something like "I thought you said you didn't read the document". Remember now??

But the past is the past, I'm happy to dig in right now.... What about her citation of the Abe speech do you consider a lie?

I believe he was speaking to the actual content of the project not the reaction to the purpose of the project... Two different things.
Jesus! Are you really bleeding over into other people's posts now trying to
get your asinine points of view in?
Why not let this poster speak for himself? I've already heard your bullshit.

If you could actually point to specifics then perhaps you could provide a counter argument and show something that the project actually says that is controversial.
Did you read what I already posted on the matter? Obviously a tremendous amount of controversy
has been generated by this NY Times created attempt to generate racial animus prior to the election.
Controversy creates discussion and disagreements.

You don't remember? I told you that from what I read the project cites a speech Abe made where he suggested freed slaves colonize outside the USA and she used quotes from the speech. I asked you what specifically you considered a lie... You ignored my question and comments and simply said something like "I thought you said you didn't read the document". Remember now??

But the past is the past, I'm happy to dig in right now.... What about her citation of the Abe speech do you consider a lie?
Oh, yeah! Now I remember your comment. I ignored it because it was based on a lie of yours.

The project won a Pulitzer Prize.

Also, it's only controversial to the conservative side which seeks to minimize the affects of slavery on our politics and hide it behind other issues.
I believe he was speaking to the actual content of the project not the reaction to the purpose of the project... Two different things.
Jesus! Are you really bleeding over into other people's posts now trying to
get your asinine points of view in?
Why not let this poster speak for himself? I've already heard your bullshit.

Did you read what I already posted on the matter? Obviously a tremendous amount of controversy
has been generated by this NY Times created attempt to generate racial animus prior to the election.
Controversy creates discussion and disagreements.

don trump's polices today are causing racial animus prior to this years election.

Oh, yeah! Now I remember your comment. I ignored it because it was based on a lie of yours.
I didn't lie about a thing... And you're dodging another attempt of mine to dig in on the substance of the issue yet again. That is a sign of weakness. It shows that you don't have the knowledge or intellect to sustain a real debate. You are just wasting time trying to play insult games. Please prove me wrong and explain where the lie is in the Abe passage

Also, it's only controversial to the conservative side which seeks to minimize the affects of slavery on our politics and hide it behind other issues.
Leftist lackeys win leftist prizes.
And it's controversial because much of it is based on lies.
don trump's polices today are causing racial animus prior to this years election.
We'll see if it keeps him out of the White House. We'll see if the brothers and sisters want mentally
challenged Joe "Corn Pop" Biden in office. I'm guessing not and that's why Biden is hiding out.
Remember, if you don't vote for Joe you ain't black!

Leftist lackeys win leftist prizes.
And it's controversial because much of it is based on lies.
We'll see if it keeps him out of the White House. We'll see if the brothers and sisters want mentally
challenged Joe "Corn Pop" Biden in office. I'm guessing not and that's why Biden is hiding out.
Remember, if you don't vote for Joe you ain't black!

Since VP Biden will win 95% of the African-American vote....

But hey, your guy is holding a lot of the lower educated cracker vote.

I didn't lie about a thing... And you're dodging another attempt of mine to dig in on the substance of the issue yet again. That is a sign of weakness. It shows that you don't have the knowledge or intellect to sustain a real debate. You are just wasting time trying to play insult games. Please prove me wrong and explain where the lie is in the Abe passage
Come on Eric, lets talk, stop dodging... Enough with the ignorant talking points. Time to read and analyze and actually display a sense of understanding and comprehension for the things you speak about. What is the specific lie in the Lincoln portion of the 1619 project that you are criticizing?

If you read the introduction to the 1619 project you will understand it's nothing more then an opinion written by a Marxist, based on one persons political beliefs, no facts, not history, zip, based on historical nonsense. For a professor or educator to base lectures and teachings on this work of fiction is irresponsible to say the least.

If you read the introduction to the 1619 project you will understand it's nothing more then an opinion written by a Marxist, based on one persons political beliefs, no facts, not history, zip, based on historical nonsense. For a professor or educator to base lectures and teachings on this work of fiction is irresponsible to say the least.

Your successful attempt to become a lower educated cracker is accepted. You now can post on a more ignorant level.

I believe he was speaking to the actual content of the project not the reaction to the purpose of the project, which is obviously where the controversy is coming from... Two different things.

Does the project treat Lincoln's short foray into colonialization as something more substantial that it really was?

Come on Eric, lets talk, stop dodging... Enough with the ignorant talking points. Time to read and analyze and actually display a sense of understanding and comprehension for the things you speak about. What is the specific lie in the Lincoln portion of the 1619 project that you are criticizing?
You already said you haven't read the project, though you lied about that.
And I freely admit I haven't read it. When I read the actual text you will know. In the mean time I simply rely
on honest historically accurate scholars to make my case for me.

Would you have a lawyer defend a client who has read no transcripts, police reports or talked to witnesses?

And this is what democrats want in every class room. Pure dogma and propaganda.

The only thing the was changed for the criticism from some conservative historians was to add two words, "some of" the founding father based our country on slavery.

Other than that you have produced nothing.
If you can read then it's possible for you to learn, though I doubt you will.
You seem adverse to independent thought.

Why would I want to read an opinion piece from the WSJ?

You wouldn't of course.
You seem totally adverse to it.

Your successful attempt to become a lower educated cracker is accepted. You now can post on a more ignorant level.

Why?
What he had written is accurate.

Does the project treat Lincoln's short foray into colonialization as something more substantial that it really was?

Describe this foray

Sounds like all you read is the intro and nothing else... either that or you are blatantly being dishonest. It is so easy to prove you wrong. You say there are no facts. Would you like me to past a fact from the piece. Perhaps one of the quotes used, documents reference, or sourced material? I shouldn't need to waste my time doing that but I'm happy to do so if you are going to insist that there isn't a fact presented in that document.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back