selling car

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
So, my car is totaled. Like about $8500 worth of totaled. Not covered. So, it's parked outside of a body shop and they want to buy it from me for parts. I don't know what the hell to say. I don't know how much to ask for. What are the rules?

So, my car is totaled. Like about $8500 worth of totaled. Not covered. So, it's parked outside of a body shop and they want to buy it from me for parts. I don't know what the hell to say. I don't know how much to ask for. What are the rules?
it would help if you gave some details,,

what yr is your car ??
what kind of car is it??
whats the damage??
is the drivetrain still good??

details matter,,

it would help if you gave some details,,

what yr is your car ??
what kind of car is it??
whats the damage??
is the drivetrain still good??

details matter,,
It's a 2012 Toyota Prius. Red. The windows are fine. However, the body is.........ripped. This is one side. The top the right side is totally jacked. There was some time of liquid coming out. The top of the car got nailed. The windows are perfect. The mirror on the left side is hanging on.

I think we need to reach an understanding. I hit the gas and go. Sometimes I break.

Apparently not fast enough.

I don't know what a drivetrain is.

Attachments

• IMG_20210721_164257.jpg
    IMG_20210721_164257.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 41
have you checked bluebook an
It's a 2012 Toyota Prius. Red. The windows are fine. However, the body is.........ripped. This is one side. The top the right side is totally jacked. There was some time of liquid coming out. The top of the car got nailed. The windows are perfect. The mirror on the left side is hanging on.

I think we need to reach an understanding. I hit the gas and go. Sometimes I break.

have you checked bluebook and resale prices??
I would start there,,

if it were me I would just fix it myself and then sell it,, it doesnt look so bad,,,

you really dont know what a drivetrain is??
thats sad,,

Scrap value for a totaled Prius will only be a few hundred bucks at most. You could ask the local junk yard what they would pay so at least you have a competing bid.

If they've paid you for the replacement value of the car, ask your insurance company if you can buy it back. I don't know where you live, and rules vary by state, but I totaled my VW when I hit a deer, and they paid me $4k for it, and I bought it back from the insurance company for $575. It was drivable but the hood and fender and grill were all crunched bad. I got someone to fix it for $3100 and it looks better than before.

You should inquire first if you can buy it back. Can you keep driving it as is? If you've got the $ and can buy it back, you end up way ahead.

LOL what the hell did you do?...

The drivetrain is all the parts that make the car go...engine... transmission and differentials and drive shafts in RWD & 4wd vehicles...

If your Prius is all gas... that's engine, transaxle, half-shafts and CJ joints.

If it's a hybrid...I don't know what all is in there.

From that picture...it doesn't look so bad.

If it were me...I'd get on craigslist or Facebook marketplace and find a Prius with 250k and engine or transaxle problems...buy it for $2k and have my good stuff put in for another $1500...and sell what was left over...

This one is gone...but this is what you're looking for...

Screenshot_20210813-213943.png

They are out there...I just saw one here in S-field for $1900.

Apparently the catalytic converter...hybrid and back up battery and engine and transaxle are high dollar.

A place to start...

These guys are mentioned in the article as nationwide totaled vehicle buyers that will make you an offer on your totaled vehicle...

have you checked bluebook an

have you checked bluebook and resale prices??
I would start there,,

if it were me I would just fix it myself and then sell it,, it doesnt look so bad,,,

you really dont know what a drivetrain is??
thats sad,,
Thank you for everything. That's all I need.

Forum List

Back