CDZ Section 230 is the foundation of speech on the internet and would hardly exist without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given it would accomplish the opposite of your stated goal, I can only assume that would be intended to be punitive
If necessary yes

punitive is ok with me
Gotcha. So it’s conservatives saying to social media that these companies need to comply with their demands or conservatives will harm them and everyone that uses them.

And that doesn’t strike you as just a tad authoritarian?

wrong again,, its doesnt apply if they dont have a comments section,, which is most of the sites on the internet,,,
It only applies to comment sections (as you so simplistically put it) so yeah you’re right but totally missing the point.

It’s not a special protection given it applies to the comment section of anyone that has a comment section.
if you cant understand it in its simplest form you will never understand the big picture,,,

its a special protect because it only applies to sites with a comment section,, thats what speacial means,, its specific to who it applies, not every site,, hence special,,
It’s not special because it applies to that circumstance. Any website with that circumstance is covered. A website that had no comment section has no need for such protection. The protection literally couldn’t apply to websites without comment sections.

This is a mind-boggling strange criticism.

It would be a special protection if it applied to Twitter but not Parler, for example.

YOU DO UNDERSTAND WHAT SPECIAL MEANS IN THIS CONTEXT DONT YOU???

it means its special for a specific reason,,,

Since when does Congress get the authority to make that demand?
They can withdraw this rule that you are so fond of
Which would limit speech on the internet, not expand it.

Given it would accomplish the opposite of your stated goal, I can only assume that would be intended to be punitive
speech is already limited,, THATS THE FUCKING PROBLEM!!!
There’s half a billion tweets every day. Doesn’t seem very limited to me.

Who has provided more speech to more people than these companies?

If necessary yes

punitive is ok with me
Gotcha. So it’s conservatives saying to social media that these companies need to comply with their demands or conservatives will harm them and everyone that uses them.

so its a big GOTCHA game for you now,,,

thats your word games at play,,

your deflecting again,,

wrong again,, its doesnt apply if they dont have a comments section,, which is most of the sites on the internet,,,
It only applies to comment sections (as you so simplistically put it) so yeah you’re right but totally missing the point.

It’s not a special protection given it applies to the comment section of anyone that has a comment section.
if you cant understand it in its simplest form you will never understand the big picture,,,

its a special protect because it only applies to sites with a comment section,, thats what speacial means,, its specific to who it applies, not every site,, hence special,,
It’s not special because it applies to that circumstance. Any website with that circumstance is covered. A website that had no comment section has no need for such protection. The protection literally couldn’t apply to websites without comment sections.

It would be a special protection if it applied to Twitter but not Parler, for example.

It’s not special. It applies to every website equally.

your deflecting again,,
I replied directly to your post. If anyone deflecting, it’s you.

Social media companies provide for more speech than anyone else in history. The suggestion of repealing section 230 will reduce speech, not expand it.

If necessary yes

punitive is ok with me

so its a big GOTCHA game for you now,,,

thats your word games at play,,
No, this is actually an example of exactly what I was claiming earlier. It’s about power.

not if they dont have a comment section,,

your deflecting again,,
I replied directly to your post. If anyone deflecting, it’s you.

Social media companies provide for more speech than anyone else in history. The suggestion of repealing section 230 will reduce speech, not expand it.

then they should apply their rules equally across the board,,, they are the cause of their own problems,,

Are you even aware what the protection we are talking about does?

then they should apply their rules equally across the board,,, they are the cause of their own problems,,
Who says they aren’t?

The people who were kicked off should learn to follow the rules. They are the cause of their own problems.

do you???

its a special carveout called section 230 that protects site owners from something people not involved with the site say,,

do you???

its a special carveout called section 230 that protects site owners from something people not involved with the site say,,
So how could that possibly apply to a website without a “comment section”?

do you???

So how could that possibly apply to a website without a “comment section”?

it doesnt and thats what makes it special,, my god youre a fucking idiot,,,

it doesnt and thats what makes it special,, my god youre a fucking idiot,,,
So your criticism is that it’s special because it applies to literally every website where it could possibly apply to?

That doesn’t make any sense.
what doesnt make sense is you trolling your own thread,,,

its special because its a special carveout for those that have outside commenters,,,

if not it wouldnt exist,,

its special because its a special carveout for those that have outside commenters,,,
But it applies equally to everyone it could possibly apply to. It couldn’t possibly apply to anyone without an outside commenter.

Therefore it’s not special. How could it be made “not special”?

But it applies equally to everyone it could possibly apply to. It couldn’t possibly apply to anyone without an outside commenter.

Therefore it’s not special. How could it be made “not special”?
the fact that 230 exist proves its special dumbass,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back