Seattle

I live in Seattle, and it's hilarious to read all this nonsense about what is going on in in my city by a bunch of dopes that have never been here, so, (as a 65 year white old guy) please let me clarify:

* 98% of these protestors have been peaceful, the other 2% have been either white punks in camo, from out of town, causing property destruction, and trying to blame the protestors for it, or the odd protestor, who has been jailed for their actions.

* These protests have been approved by the Seattle City Council and the Seattle police dept. and have the legal documentation to prove it.

* These protests are there to call attention to the unnecessary killing of an unarmed black man (George Floyd) by a white police officer who simply thought he could "get away with it"

* These protests are legal, have the support of the majority of Seattleites, and have not interfere with commerce (Last I checked Amazon.com, Microsoft, and Starbucks are doing just fine)

So please stop the lies you silly people. Seattle is in pretty good shape - Thank You :bye1:

Having daily demonstrations demanding the immediate punishment of Officer Chauvin , even before 12 angry men have rendered a verdict, is sort of like a lynch mob. Not very American at all. In this country, people are presumed innocent, not judged and punished by angry mobs.

think it might taint the jury pool, knowing that if they find him innocent that their city will burn and mobs will murder people in the streets, where their family lives?

mmm?

That's the exact reason why they really need to bring in a jury from out of town to try the George Floyd 4. Having the trial during a Polar Vortex with a jury bussed in from International Falls or Duluth, would be the best way to make sure that they get a fair adjudication.

I live in Seattle, and it's hilarious to read all this nonsense about what is going on in in my city by a bunch of dopes that have never been here, so, (as a 65 year white old guy) please let me clarify:

* 98% of these protestors have been peaceful, the other 2% have been either white punks in camo, from out of town, causing property destruction, and trying to blame the protestors for it, or the odd protestor, who has been jailed for their actions.

* These protests have been approved by the Seattle City Council and the Seattle police dept. and have the legal documentation to prove it.

* These protests are there to call attention to the unnecessary killing of an unarmed black man (George Floyd) by a white police officer who simply thought he could "get away with it"

* These protests are legal, have the support of the majority of Seattleites, and have not interfere with commerce (Last I checked Amazon.com, Microsoft, and Starbucks are doing just fine)

So please stop the lies you silly people. Seattle is in pretty good shape - Thank You :bye1:

Having daily demonstrations demanding the immediate punishment of Officer Chauvin , even before 12 angry men have rendered a verdict, is sort of like a lynch mob. Not very American at all. In this country, people are presumed innocent, not judged and punished by angry mobs.

think it might taint the jury pool, knowing that if they find him innocent that their city will burn and mobs will murder people in the streets, where their family lives?

mmm?
he'll never get a fair trial now ....
..the blacks don't care about civility or trials--they want their verdict or they riot = nazi/unAMerican/etc

The rent in California and draconian building codes are NO ACCIDENT......

Bingo, that's just another way government has sunk its vampire fangs into an industry. Government vampire sucks $100k from you when building a new home in California and Oregon and Washington has followed suit. Try to build a new home in Washington state and you have to pay a government 'impact' fee and everyone has jumped on that bandwagon. School impact fee, police, fire, hell even park impact fee. Even though you are paying full boat property taxes on the new home. These 'impact' fees are nothing more than government saying give us your money because we want it fees.

And try to sell your home...wait for it...government comes in and takes 2% of the sales price off the top. Not 2% of the gain on the house 2% of the selling price. If you made 5% on the house vs the purchase price government takes 2% of that or a whopping 40% of your equity. Oh yes they recently tried to raise that to 5%.

After the Democrats took over my suburb, they instituted landlord fees. Every time I rent an apartment, I have to have the city inspect and pass it before I can rent it to anybody. The fee for this is $175.00.

It can take up to two weeks to get an inspector out there. It doesn't matter if they already inspected the unit last year, the last six months, or the last three months. They want their money for you to conduct your business.

When this all started, I talked to my councilman who I became friends with during his attempts to get on Council. He talked to the Mayor who told him that we landlords are making a ton of money in his city, and it's about time we shared.

Years ago I used to have one person leave at the end of the month, and a new person move in at the 1st. So besides paying these fees, them always finding something stupid to cite you on, then waiting for them to get back out there for a re-inspection, is all down time costing me money.

I have to pass these losses to my tenants. I don't want to, but I can't get screwed running this place. This is what Democrat government is all about, screwing the little guy.

Bingo, that's just another way government has sunk its vampire fangs into an industry. Government vampire sucks $100k from you when building a new home in California and Oregon and Washington has followed suit. Try to build a new home in Washington state and you have to pay a government 'impact' fee and everyone has jumped on that bandwagon. School impact fee, police, fire, hell even park impact fee. Even though you are paying full boat property taxes on the new home. These 'impact' fees are nothing more than government saying give us your money because we want it fees.

And try to sell your home...wait for it...government comes in and takes 2% of the sales price off the top. Not 2% of the gain on the house 2% of the selling price. If you made 5% on the house vs the purchase price government takes 2% of that or a whopping 40% of your equity. Oh yes they recently tried to raise that to 5%.

After the Democrats took over my suburb, they instituted landlord fees. Every time I rent an apartment, I have to have the city inspect and pass it before I can rent it to anybody. The fee for this is $175.00.

It can take up to two weeks to get an inspector out there. It doesn't matter if they already inspected the unit last year, the last six months, or the last three months. They want their money for you to conduct your business.

When this all started, I talked to my councilman who I became friends with during his attempts to get on Council. He talked to the Mayor who told him that we landlords are making a ton of money in his city, and it's about time we shared.

Years ago I used to have one person leave at the end of the month, and a new person move in at the 1st. So besides paying these fees, them always finding something stupid to cite you on, then waiting for them to get back out there for a re-inspection, is all down time costing me money.

I have to pass these losses to my tenants. I don't want to, but I can't get screwed running this place. This is what Democrat government is all about, screwing the little guy.
MOFOS!!!!!!!! $175!!!!!!

mmm?
..the blacks don't care about civility or trials--they want their verdict or they riot = nazi/unAMerican/etc

don't let the white libs off, because a good portion of the more recent rioters are black.

it is white libs in media and hollywood that have been pouring racist hate into black minds for decades.

Wow that's utter BS but so typical in Dem run cities. They view businesses and residents as their piggy bank for spending. They arrogantly think they own the city, yet its the taxpayers who pay for it ALL including their inflated salaries and benefits. This is what servitude to government looks like.

Here's an example...in NY if you dare refinance your house NY slams you with a mortgage tax costing thousands. Yeah a tax on a home loan. And if interest rates drop and you want to refinance 6 months later, 1, 2 years later you have to pay it again. I was going to refi my home in NY but given the NY mortgage tax I calculated it would be 4 years before I broke even. So I sold my house, packed up and left NY never to return. Now they get $0.00 from me. Haha NY suck it!

mmm?

don't let the white libs off, because a good portion of the more recent rioters are black.

it is white libs in media and hollywood that have been pouring racist hate into black minds for decades.
.....the white libs vote for these black people, and then those blacks screw up the white communities = they are stupid

Thank you for setting the record straight. I'm on the east coast, but I am well aware that there is a movement among right-wing white trash to start violence in our nation. They keep exaggerating RIOTS! and LOOTING! like it's really happening on a massive scale when it is not. They know that the election in less than 100 days away. I'm supposed to be a marxist, communist, feminazi. What I am, actually, is a white suburban Christian woman who is damned well tired of this bullshit. There is no widespread violence in the USA. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

What do you mean no widespread riots? It was happening all over the country. Most places it was a one or two day event, a week at most. But places like Seattle, it's a two month ongoing problem because of the blessings of Democrat leadership.

The people who got pulled out of their vehicles and beaten nearly to death, the police officers who suffered permanent injuries or death, the billions of dollars of damage done to public and private property might not be a big deal to you, but is is to us real Americans who care about this country.

Let the Democrats have their Summer of Love in their crappy cities. We don't want our entire country to be a Summer of love. Vote against Democrats this November.

Yep, it sure appears to be a wonderful place.

Don't these freaks have jobs to work during the day like hard working Americans?

It doesn't matter what race the protestors and rioters are, that's a Democrat thing, not Republican. Riots don't start out as riots, they start out as protests and get out of control. I'm willing to bet that if you asked half of them who George Floyd was, they wouldn't be able to tell you.

The real problem is we have uncivilized people living in a civilized country. If it were up to me, every person rioting would lose their citizenship and shipped off to another country south of us. I can't wait to see those dozens of people now charged with a federal crime to be sitting in prison for ten years because they attacked the court house. The problem is the MSM won't publish those stories because the more rioting and protesting, the bigger audience for them. It's how they make their money.

I hope every business that suffered losses in your city move the hell out of there. I hope it becomes a ghost town. I know it won't do any good. The morons will keep voting the same Democrat leadership in that's responsible for what happened there.

Don't these freaks have jobs to work during the day like hard working Americans?

Probably not. But between the state and feds, they are getting around $1,000 a week to do nothing but tear down their city.

Probably not. But between the state and feds, they are getting around $1,000 a week to do nothing but tear down their city.

Apparently they are getting enough free government money to purchase storm trooper costumes.

Who the heck needs a job when you're getting an "extra" $600 from the feds.

Who the heck needs a job when you're getting an "extra" $600 from the feds.

How do I get in on that free government money action? I have to work my ass off for my money, wtf.

MOFOS!!!!!!!! $175!!!!!!

Yep, with each and every new tenant. Last year they were talking about also charging us a fee besides the rental inspection costs. They figure they can get away with it since landlords are such a minority in our city. Then I threatened them with starting a PAC called the Landlords/ Tenants Association to inform renters and landlords what politicians were working against us and costing us money. They backed off of that idea real quick.

MOFOS!!!!!!!! $175!!!!!!

Yep, with each and every new tenant. Last year they were talking about also charging us a fee besides the rental inspection costs. They figure they can get away with it since landlords are such a minority in our city. Then I threatened them with starting a PAC called the Landlords/ Tenants Association to inform renters and landlords what politicians were working against us and costing us money. They backed off of that idea real quick.
..they need to lower taxes/etc--not raise them

Apparently they are getting enough free government money to purchase storm trooper costumes.

Working people don't have time for doing shit like protesting or rioting. When you work, you are so tired at the end of the day all you want is some dinner, a nap perhaps, and a couple of drinks while you watch the sun go down.

When you get $1,000 a week, and all you're doing is living in moms basement smoking pot like no tomorrow, you look to get creative with all that spare time.

Yep, with each and every new tenant. Last year they were talking about also charging us a fee besides the rental inspection costs. They figure they can get away with it since landlords are such a minority in our city.

THAT is precisely how these government assholes work. Small business owners can't afford to fight back so they get raped right into bankruptcy with never ending fees and taxes. Now in Seattle and Portland these creeps have also gone after major corporations trying to vampire suck them also, but they are big enough to fight back. There have been epic battles here between government and corporations. Ultimately the corporations threaten to pack up and move to another state and government backs down. But these government spend-o-holics go after everyone. No amount of money is ever enough.

Forum List

Back