Seattle/Victoria And Travel Abroad...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I are headed out to Seattle in two weeks to visit my daughter.

While we're there, we were hoping to take the ferry to Victoria, BC. Other than the occasional lost weekend in Tijuana, Victoria was the first foreign city I ever visited, and I haven't been there in over a dozen years and I'd like to go back.

But Ruthie (the aforementioned smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend) mentioned that Victoria might be off the table as, apparently, Canada has been pretty strict about their Covid restrictions and entry requirements. We're not vaxxed, have no plans to get vaxxed, and we wouldn't get vaxxed simply to spend a day in Victoria.

Come to find out that, surprisingly, Canada has lifted all of their entry restrictions. They still recommend vaccinations and tests and such, but they no longer require it.

We haven't traveled internationally since 2019 due to the pandemic. This most recent revelation, however, had gotten us thinking about where else we might want to go. We were planning trips to Portugal and Amsterdam for 2020, and Switzerland and France in 2021, but those plans all died on the vine.

What other countries have lifted their once strict travel restrictions?​

My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I are headed out to Seattle in two weeks to visit my daughter.

While we're there, we were hoping to take the ferry to Victoria, BC. Other than the occasional lost weekend in Tijuana, Victoria was the first foreign city I ever visited, and I haven't been there in over a dozen years and I'd like to go back.

But Ruthie (the aforementioned smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend) mentioned that Victoria might be off the table as, apparently, Canada has been pretty strict about their Covid restrictions and entry requirements. We're not vaxxed, have no plans to get vaxxed, and we wouldn't get vaxxed simply to spend a day in Victoria.

Come to find out that, surprisingly, Canada has lifted all of their entry restrictions. They still recommend vaccinations and tests and such, but they no longer require it.

We haven't traveled internationally since 2019 due to the pandemic. This most recent revelation, however, had gotten us thinking about where else we might want to go. We were planning trips to Portugal and Amsterdam for 2020, and Switzerland and France in 2021, but those plans all died on the vine.

No vaccinations required to enter Canada since October 1st.

No vaccinations required to enter Canada since October 1st.

Yeah, I saw that!

We enjoy traveling and, for a while there, we did a fair bit of it. From August 2018 to October 2019 we went to Ireland, Italy, Scotland and, a bit closer to home, New York.

We're jonesin' to get back out there...

Yeah, I saw that!

We enjoy traveling and, for a while there, we did a fair bit of it. From August 2018 to October 2019 we went to Ireland, Italy, Scotland and, a bit closer to home, New York.

We're jonesin' to get back out there...
We do quite a bit of business over the border and the mandates limited who we could send up there, so Canada lost some dollars for awhile.

You should try to take a ferry to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands out of Anacortes, Wa.
Stunning islands, good chance to see a pod of Orcas, and a wonderful restaurant.

Yeah, we're batting around ideas.

I'd love to go whale watching, but I'm trying to limit the camera gear I'm bringing. When I went to Denver back in August, I brought a bag full of gear; two bodies, six lenses, etc, and ended up using one body a single lens during the entire trip. If whales were involved I'd be compelled to bring one of the long lenses...

Does your girlfriend know how you refer to her in public?

Yeah, we're batting around ideas.

I'd love to go whale watching, but I'm trying to limit the camera gear I'm bringing. When I went to Denver back in August, I brought a bag full of gear; two bodies, six lenses, etc, and ended up using one body a single lens during the entire trip. If whales were involved I'd be compelled to bring one of the long lenses...
Orcas a bit smaller than the larger types like Blue Whales. They tend to get close to the boats.

Sorry, I don't know much about camera gear, so your call there.
BTW, your daughter live in Seattle 'proper' or just the greater metro area ?

Sorry, I don't know much about camera gear, so your call there.
BTW, your daughter live in Seattle 'proper' or just the greater metro area ?

Oh, they live smack dab dead center in what was once the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone; their building was inside the barricades. She's a bit of a photographer, and she took some photos during the protests which, frankly, are Pulitzer-worthy stuff...

Forum List

Back