Seahawks and Sherman fined

It is the principle.

He did nothing deserving of an NFL fine.

They are overstepping their bounds and being really chicken shitty about this.

But, if there is a silver lining to this fine it's that Sherman will really have a chip on his shoulder against Denver and it may lift the level of his performance enough for him to possibly make yet one more game winning play for the Seahawks.

So, thanks NFL.

If it works.

Kaepernick's choking on the last three SF drives of the NFC Championship game will cost him a hundred times Sherman's chicken shit fine when it comes time for Chokernick to re-evaluate his contract this off season as weighed if he had taken his team to the Superbowl.

He was looking at tens of millions a year if he had not screwed the pooch. Now he will be lucky if he is not replaced.

Last edited:
Sherman is a very intelligent player. I was harsh on him at first, but when I went and looked at the replay, it was Crabtree who was being a jerk not shaking his hand. Do I agree with Sherman's rant? No...but I can understand that high octane NFL players are on levels of energy that we cannot understand. He said what was on his mind at the time.

I am sure he has looked back and wished that he had come down from that high. But the game is the game and when these guys get pumped up, anything can happen.

That is not a trivial amount for Sherman:

'All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman is also a steal with a $555,000 base salary and $600,606 cap charge in 2013. There are 110 cornerbacks in the NFL with base salaries larger than Sherman's, including two who will earn more per week than Sherman will make all season. One of those is Darrelle Revis, Sherman's social media sparring partner who'll take home $764,706 per week during the 2013 season.'

Y! SPORTS

He makes $37,500 per game/week. So he is docked 20% of his game pay for being stupid.

Seems fair.

Last edited:
Sherman is a very intelligent player. I was harsh on him at first, but when I went and looked at the replay, it was Crabtree who was being a jerk not shaking his hand. Do I agree with Sherman's rant? No...but I can understand that high octane NFL players are on levels of energy that we cannot understand. He said what was on his mind at the time.

I am sure he has looked back and wished that he had come down from that high. But the game is the game and when these guys get pumped up, anything can happen.

Come on, Sherman was talking trash all game and then was jawing at him after the game, Sherman's walk to shake his hand was an in your face move and Sherman knew that. I don't think he was wrong, he was emotional as was Crabtree.

'All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman is also a steal with a $555,000 base salary and $600,606 cap charge in 2013. There are 110 cornerbacks in the NFL with base salaries larger than Sherman's, including two who will earn more per week than Sherman will make all season. One of those is Darrelle Revis, Sherman's social media sparring partner who'll take home $764,706 per week during the 2013 season.'

Y! SPORTS

He makes $37,500 per game/week. So he is docked 20% of his game pay for being stupid.

Seems fair.

I'm sure Sherman will ask for big bucks in the off season, Seattle will have cap issues after this season.

Come on, Sherman was talking trash all game and then was jawing at him after the game, Sherman's walk to shake his hand was an in your face move and Sherman knew that. I don't think he was wrong, he was emotional as was Crabtree.

They were both miked....welcome to Professional Wrestling!:doubt:

They were both miked....welcome to Professional Wrestling!:doubt:

Sherman's older brother and business manager, interviewed on several sports radio staions all week, was as stunned as were we all that the most recent "Dre" I'm a Man commercial was playing Sunday evening featuring reporters(actors) inquiring what Dickie thought about being labeled a "thug" remarkably before he was actually labeled a thug. Fascinating timeline.

:lol:

I'm thinking that the fine just adds coal to the fire that is now Sherman's new found fame and endorsements reportedly worth a lot more than his measly salary with the Seahawks.

Y! SPORTS

Seems fair.

I'm sure Sherman will ask for big bucks in the off season, Seattle will have cap issues after this season.

It would serve him right if he were traded to the Niners and they relegated him to the practice squad for the remainder of his contract.

Y! SPORTS

Seems fair.

It would serve him right if he were traded to the Niners and they relegated him to the practice squad for the remainder of his contract.

You buzzards are getting frisky. IF Seattle prevails next Sunday my guess is that the CULT that REALLY is the Seattle Seahawks will huddle up and make an attempt to preserve what the Hawks are without any prompting on the part of Schneider or Carroll. The only thing that can destroy the makeup of the most gifted defense and difficult to stop offense in the NFL would be one or two players getting greedy and forcing dismemberment.

Ya..Ya ..Ya... EVERYBODY does THIS and EVERYBODY does THAT and ALL teams must suffer out of stupidity. The Seahawks are not your typical team in many ways. They have a chip and in some cases a boulder on their shoulders that motivates these young athletes. There has been no talk by the "stars" of demanding the kings ransome for their services and more importantly their loyalty.

I know...IT'S A BUSINESS !!! It is also something that could be prolonged if the players so chose to make it so.

I would be surprised if any one of these new football phenoms break ranks and selfishly make huge demands that cut off their face to spite their nose.

The only odd man out of this possibility is the precious Percy Harvin but He could well lead the way by insisting that he has not proven the worth of his contract and re negotiates Southward as a jesture of good faith. So far lucky Harvin may well get what he has been craving, a superbowl ring, with barely lifting a finger. From listening to him speak lately it is clear that he also has bought into the Seahawk's hook line and sinker. He says he knows how lucky he has been and how much he owes his other team mates for making him feel as a brother where in other circumstances he was more motivated to take care of his own.

If Wilson and Sherman lead the way to an affordable dynasty I have no doubt that every current Seahawk will do whatever they reasonably can to keep what got them this far.

Any smart player will do what is best for them financially, Seahawk fans won't pay if a player gets hurt, he'll be soon forgotten. Seattle is a business, the players are employees, the both need to look out for their best interests.

Hey ...it's payday!

"The Seattle Seahawks cornerback's agent, Jamie Fritz, said interest in his client has exploded since his postgame outburst on San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree went viral. In fact, Sherman could make upward of $5 million in endorsements, according to CNNMoney."

Richard Sherman eyes new endorsements, agent says - NFL.com

Maybe...maybe not...You are only as good as your last game;

"Vince Young made $34 million in his six years as an NFL quarterback.Last week, the 30-year-old Young filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection."

Vince Young files for bankruptcy protection - latimes.com

Hey ...it's payday!

"The Seattle Seahawks cornerback's agent, Jamie Fritz, said interest in his client has exploded since his postgame outburst on San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree went viral. In fact, Sherman could make upward of $5 million in endorsements, according to CNNMoney."

Richard Sherman eyes new endorsements, agent says - NFL.com

Maybe...maybe not...You are only as good as your last game;

"Vince Young made $34 million in his six years as an NFL quarterback.Last week, the 30-year-old Young filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection."

Vince Young files for bankruptcy protection - latimes.com

Young could have spent $500,000 a year for 60 years and at 80 something would still have several million left over. He wouldn't have had to risk a penny. Young is an idiot.

Sherman is smart. That said I question hiring his brother as his business manager because it is unlikely that his brother is the best qualified for the job. Rarely does employing one's relatives in key positions end well. It's easy to cite "loyalty" early on but if mistakes are made it almost always leads to bitter expensive endings. I would recommend that Sherman hire an independant auditor to keep close track of his brother's activities.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back