SCOTUS rejects Trump's Texas lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Just reported by Ari Melber on MSNBC. Below are CNN and SCOTUS links.

SCOTUS Ruling:

155, ORIG. TEXAS V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL. The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot.

Last edited:
Why was Trump only claiming fraud in states he lost?

1607729913417.png

Bahahahahahahahah!

Supreme Court rejects Texas’ bid to overturn Joe Biden’s election, handing decisive blow to Trump
Ruling lifts uncertainty ahead of Monday’s Electoral College votes in AG Ken Paxton’s attack on elections in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Supreme Court denies effort to block election results in 4 key states that sealed Trump's fate

Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections," the court said in a brief order. It dismissed all other related claims as moot.

The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot. Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins: In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___ (Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back