Scott Walker has endured every insidious left wing cliche attack in a blue state.

Frankly, Scott Walker is the only Republican I think I could stand to vote for, based on what I know.

That said. We've seen a lot of these guys come along as the "Great White Hope" of Conservatives only to explode spectacularly on the Launch Pad. Remember Fred Thompson? Or Rick Perry?

The GOP Establishment likes candidates who are vetted, which is why they are massing behind Jeb. It's going ot take a lot for Walker to overcome that this time out.
Great white hope, you cant remember one conservative black that the RNC would endorse? Really.

I think you miss the point.

In 2008 and 2012, you Conservatives had this moment of realization that while the Establishment is very good at pandering to your "Rube" issues - Abortion, guns, gays, prayer in schools - they really don't give a fuck about them unless it involves big corporations getting richer.

So for a sad moment or two, you rally around a "Great White Hope", or as you guys like to call them, "A REAL Conservative!" like Thompson (who only sounded smart when Dick Wolf was writing his dialog) or Rick Perry (who never sounded smart) until you are whipped back into shape and have to support the Establishment candidate.

Is Walker one of these, the guy you all rally behind until you are Told you are voting for Jeb Bush and you are going to LIKE it, bitches? Maybe. He might very well whither under the light of scrutiny.

Last edited:
Frankly, Scott Walker is the only Republican I think I could stand to vote for, based on what I know.

That said. We've seen a lot of these guys come along as the "Great White Hope" of Conservatives only to explode spectacularly on the Launch Pad. Remember Fred Thompson? Or Rick Perry?

The GOP Establishment likes candidates who are vetted, which is why they are massing behind Jeb. It's going ot take a lot for Walker to overcome that this time out.
Great white hope, you cant remember one conservative black that the RNC would endorse? Really.

I think you miss the point.

In 2008 and 2012, you Conservatives had this moment of realizes that while the Establishment is very good at pandering to your "Rube" issues - Abortion, guns, gays, prayer in schools - they really don't give a fuck about them unless it involves big corporations getting richer.

So for a sad moment or two, you rally around a "Great White Hope", or as you guys like to call them, "A REAL Conservative!" like Thompson (who only sounded smart when Dick Wolf was writing his dialog) or Rick Perry (who never sounded smart) until you are whipped back into shape and have to support the Establishment candidate.

Is Walker one of these, the guy you all rally behind until you are Told you are voting for Jeb Bush and you are going to LIKE it, bitches? Maybe. He might very well whither under the light of scrutiny.
WTF are going on about, no one tells me who to vote for but me.

These people are now in positions of influence and even authority. Not good for us.
>>>>>><<<<<
sometimes i agree with you and sometimes i disagree with you.., so in my OPINION you are a fence rider, stay there if it makes you comfortable :up:
That's interesting. So it's not that I don't take a stand on issues, but that I don't predictably and obediently follow a partisan ideology?

That wouldn't be my definition of fence-rider, but I guess we all have our own.

He may be up to the task but he is going to have a hard time carrying his own state. This last projected cut of cuts to the education at UW and giving 200 mill to the bucks has even his ardent supporters saying what the heck? No doubt he knows he will have to alter those cuts to make them less drastic if he is going to have any shot at all. I have lived in Wis all my life. Things haven't changed one bit since he took over. My taxes are still on the rise, the big Whigs moneywise still are laughing all the way to the bank. Its the same no matter who is in charge. Cutting education massively only to give the money to a pro team is in no way the answer. Staunch GOP supporters I am friends with are now questioning why private corporations like the bucks are getting money.

And if you actually live in Wisconsin and have been paying attention you would know these two issues are completely unrelated. First, my property taxes have gone down each year. That is a fact. Second, the Bucks arena and UW education funding are completely unrelated. The Bucks themselves are paying for the new arena. There is no new taxes, and the state is still collecting $6.5 M from the income taxes (from the NBA) Every time a NBA player plays against the Bucks they pay a tax.

What Walker is proposing is that as the NBA contracts rise in the next 10-15 years (New NBA TV deal etc) the state would use that money towards paying for a new arena. They will still collect that $6.5 M and use it for whatever purpose (roads etc) they are just using future income and paying for the new arena that way.

Liberals and some conservatives will say they are using potential revenue down the road, but here's the kicker. Without a new arena, the state of WI will lose that $6.5 M per year they get now because the Bucks will be leaving. It will cost the state over 270 M in 30 years. So, he's not "giving" the Bucks 200 M, and it has nothing to do with the UW cuts. The issues are completely separated. Please learn the facts before you spew out bullshit.

I could care less what a politician thinks about Creation vs Evolution.

Neither one of those is going to protect us, feed our family or grow our economy in the country so the American citizens can FIND job.

Does anyone know if Obama was asked the question? and if not why wasn't it important to you and the Washingtoncompost back THEN?

These people are now in positions of influence and even authority. Not good for us.
>>>>>><<<<<
sometimes i agree with you and sometimes i disagree with you.., so in my OPINION you are a fence rider, stay there if it makes you comfortable :up:
That's interesting. So it's not that I don't take a stand on issues, but that I don't predictably and obediently follow a partisan ideology?

Keep telling yourself how great you are. I find it amusing, dipshit.

>>>>>><<<<<

Keep telling yourself how great you are. I find it amusing, dipshit.
Just honest, as are most people who aren't consumed by partisan ideology.

Nothing special about that.

Scott Walker has endured every insidious left wing cliche attack in a blue state."

Nonsense.

The concerns raised about Walker are perfectly legitimate, appropriate, and warranted.

Walker is an adherent of failed conservative economic dogma and proponent of advancing a social conservative agenda hostile to diversity and dissent.

Walker is simply wrong on the issues, and voters have a right to know this.

The better Scott Walker looks in the polls the more the Liberal media will go after him....
But I think he is up to the task.
There is no 'liberal media,' it's a myth contrived by the right in response to facts being reported that conflict with conservative dogma, demonstrating that dogma to be wrong.

Walker is solely responsible for what he says and the consequences of his actions, not the mythical 'liberal media.'

Scott Walker has endured every insidious left wing cliche attack in a blue state."

Nonsense.

The concerns raised about Walker are perfectly legitimate, appropriate, and warranted.

Walker is an adherent of failed conservative economic dogma and proponent of advancing a social conservative agenda hostile to diversity and dissent.

Walker is simply wrong on the issues, and voters have a right to know this.

1) this has nothing to do with evolution.
2) Failed dogma or not, he's actually a pretty successful run in his state in economic growth.
3) Like it or not, a lot of people are pretty tired of carrying overpaid, unproductive government workers on their back because their unions are able to bully politicians into giving them more benefits when the rest of us have had to deal with less.

Forum List

Back